'Many hurt by axeman' on German train

More than 20 people in Germany injured after a man with an axe went on the rampage on a train - German media

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

If you want to receive Breaking News alerts via email, or on a smartphone or tablet via the BBC News App then details on how to do so are available on this help page. You can also follow @BBCBreaking on Twitter to get the latest alerts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36827725

14 minutes ago, techbeck said:

why is it 'stab'?

Axe's move-sets are mostly doing slash & chop,

you are not stabbing a tree with an axe for example....

While stabbing are proper for knife that Assailant also uses, but its not for his other weapon: The Axe.

Anyway, I also notice cnn omitted the part that the Afghan Assailant was reporting shouting "Allahu Akbar".

9 minutes ago, virtorio said:

I'm more shocked that Americans spell Axe as Ax.

Some spell it Axe, some Ax.  This is nothing new really.  Both are acceptable and pronounced the same way.  One is not more correct than the other.

Edited by techbeck

2 minutes ago, Torolol said:

Anyway, I also notice cnn omitted the part that the Afghan Assailant was reporting shouting "Allahu Akbar".

BBC news link was edited about 30 min after the CNN link.  CNN probably didnt have that info.

8 minutes ago, virtorio said:

I'm more shocked that Americans spell Axe as Ax.

That is what it is . That may be why when you download say Firefox you are asked if you want US Or GB English. All of these people are dead and you care about semantics. This is one reason this world is all mucked up.

21 minutes ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

Oh what a surprise! He was an Afghan refugee! Who would have guessed? :rolleyes:

How many thousand of these types are in The US?

54 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

That is what it is . That may be why when you download say Firefox you are asked if you want US Or GB English. All of these people are dead and you care about semantics. This is one reason this world is all mucked up.

<snip>  No one died in this attack.

Just now, techbeck said:

As far as I read, no one died in the attack.

I did not know that as I was busy with build 14393 but it does not matter To concern yourself with spelling is beyond being  a word I won't use.

now,  was there any kind of this incident in the west where the preperator are non-muslim like some Buddhist for example who shouted "Amithaba" and attacking masses with weaponry?

51 minutes ago, ctebah said:

<snip>  No one died in this attack.

<snip>

49 minutes ago, Torolol said:

now,  was there any kind of this incident in the west where the preperator are non-muslim like some Buddhist for example who shouted "Amithaba" and attacking masses with weaponry?

Of course not.

2 minutes ago, dead.cell said:

just like axes which are literally designed for nothing other than murder.

Wouldnt say that.  Handy tools for chopping wood and I normally take on camping with me.  A sword on the other hand....

26 minutes ago, SpeedyTheSnail said:

<snip> He missed the point completely in order to back murderous Muslims.

What point?  The kid stated that many people died, which was a lie, and he rightfully got called out on it.  Then he tried blaming it on a Windows update.  And who's backing murderous Muslims?  Seems that bigotry and replying-without-reading go hand in hand...

Just now, ctebah said:

What point?  The kid stated that many people died, which was a lie, and he rightfully got called out on it.  Then he tried blaming it on a Windows update.  And who's backing murderous Muslims?  Seems that bigotry and replying-without-reading go hand in hand...

I am almost 70 years old dude./

Guys get a room :laugh:

Bact to topic. I really don't understand the motive behind such attack. Was he radicalized? Did he actually think that by doing this attack he will establish islamic Caliphate in Germany? The area from Pakistan up to Syria is seriously effed up.

4 minutes ago, Chitale said:

Was he radicalized?

Not sure.  There was another attack few months ago where the perp yelled Allahu Akbar but the authorities found no ties to Islamic extremism.  So might just be another nut job.

This thread is in the process of cleaning.

It has been a rough few days with a few particular threads.

Please stay on topic and refrain from bad judgement, it will be dealt with.

Please try to have a nice day...Thank you.

• Like 2

I don't know why but for some reason the song scatman jumped into my head but instead of scatman it was axeman.  Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub