Letter from bill gates

i saw this on ihatewindowsxp.com

it says something about winxp2 and i dont understand what it is. unless this whole thing is a joke but it dosent seem real. :whistle:

To: feedback@ihatewindowsxp.com

Subject: User FeedBack from within www.ihatewindowsxp.com

I Hate Windows XP/98/2000 Visitor FeedBack Results...

Critiqued by: William Gates (William.Gates@microsoft.com) on Saturday, July 19, 2003 at 10:08:55

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st_visit: yes

use_windows: yes

platform: Windows XP2

read_mission_statement: yes

microsoft_employee: yes

rating: poor

comments: I am sorly dissappointed in the views expressed here, I have tried very hard to build a stable operating system, With the soo to be release of Windows XP2 we are dropping the NT base as we have heard from our reputable clientel is that they are not happy with the NT base. So in the time to come we will be releasing a non-dos oriented a fully intergrated operating system for the Personal Computer. As we have found that Windows XP has some issues that have to be contended with.

Jim for your information, my staff are browsing your site alot to see what dissatisfied customers have to say and why they're saying it. This is the first time I *myself* have visited your site.

I am very disspointed in the language, but I also understand that people are very annoyed with Microsoft operating systems.

Thank you

William (Bill) Gates

Edited by nuka_t

its fake...its well known that Bill Gates does not have a public email account known to the public...cause he was qouted as saying something like he used to read emails, then he got too many so he just basically forgot about it...

also grammer errors/spelling....

also if you look up the IP address that was supposedly his (you can find it on the page that this was from) it is apparently from some company in toronto, canada, not seattle, washington...fake :pinch:

"comments: I am sorly dissappointed in the views expressed here, I have tried very hard to build a stable operating system, With the soo to be release"

Oh come on, how many errors in that line alone? sorly? dissappointed? soo to be? :rolleyes:

bill gates would never write a word in a letter without it passing through 2 or 3 proofreaders and publicists.

Or his own spell checker (word), so then again maybe the message is real :D

yes, they're dropping NT in favor of... what? NT is the only platform they have now, since 9x will soon be dropped (should have been already :hmmm:) not to mention the horrendous grammar :x yeah, that's real (Y)

btw, bill gates wouldn't send out an email like that, microsoft would. and the people who make those emails know how to write a stupid paper, unlike the 12 year old author of this POS :laugh:

do you people honestly have the slightest thought that this could somehow be in any way possibly true in any aspect? :huh:

LOL, it's definitely not real. Funny though, the whole site is crap to be honest.

Totally. Here's just a few reasons why:

1) No Microsoft email address is more than six characters @ microsoft.com. Don't ask me why.

2) Bill's email address is billg@microsoft.com, not william.gates@microsoft.com; hence post #1

3) Bill does not post (in fact, his contract does not let him discuss) anything outside of official Microsoft press channels (in fact, all the Windows and Office dev teams have to agree to that too ... only the project leads can talk about the softwares)

Shall I go on? ;)

Obviously a fake. With so many people hating Microsoft and complaints about Windows, why would Bill Gates spend his time writing/replying to one website. I don't think he really cares.

dougkinzinger, how can you claim that no microsoft email address is longer than six chartacters?

I have contacts at microsoft that use longer email addresses at microsoft.com all the time!

btw, bill gates wouldn't send out an email like that, microsoft would. and the people who make those emails know how to write a stupid paper, unlike the 12 year old author of this POS :laugh:

do you people honestly have the slightest thought that this could somehow be in any way possibly true in any aspect? :huh:

lol, yeh definitely fake. i dont think a genius like bill gates wood b dumb enuf to make sooo many spelling errors. plz, get a life.

and i agree, there r so many unappreciative 1d10ts out there, who criticise windows (probably thru a windows computer) that i dont think bill wood spend (or shood i say waste) his time going to st00pid sites made by more unappreciative nuts (using his technology that they hate so much) and even bother to send feedbak. cmon, giv me a break ppl.

and on emore thing:

THAT IS TOTALLY FAKE