Post Your Case Mods

Hi a got a few of my new cables and I have tried my first attempt ever to clean the cables up... Hope it is better than before, though I am not totally done.I have posted a before and after pic. will do rest when I get my new MB:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Lets see some more case mods. I'll start us off with my wonderful "mod"

post-253395-1217639907_thumb.jpg

^That^ is a very high tech and difficult to install panty hose fan filter held on by the amazingly durable adhesive known as tape. :D

Seriously though, lets see some new mods if anybody has them

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very Nice!!! i was thinking about painting my antec 900. just wanted to see if it was really worth doing. Thankx

I painted my Antec 900 today. It now has Red innards...

Case stripped as far as it can be without removing the rivets.

DSC00164.jpg

About half way through the first coat

DSC00167.jpg

Note the feet were masked off to keep them A) black and B) from rubbing paint onto my carpet.

DSC00168.jpg

Further into the coating (probably about the 2nd coat)

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

Note the slightly orange tinge.... eww...

DSC00171.jpg

To counteract the orange tinge i did a very light coat of black paint, and flecked on more black by not shaking the can prior to painting.

DSC00172.jpg

(it looks a bit orange in this picture, but it isn't really)

DSC00174.jpg

Flecking on the back I/O area.

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

Deep red colour has been successfully acheived.

DSC00182.jpg

My motherboard looks brilliant in there.

DSC00183.jpg

Side panel on.

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

Other side

DSC00189.jpg

Back I/O panel.

DSC00190.jpg

I also pugged up the large 200mm fan with Red Mesh Tulle.

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

And i put some more Tulle on the mesh on the side panel to make it more red.

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

So there is still a couple of other things I'm going to do to it. And my computer doesn't look too great when all the BLUE LED fans come on, as it neutralises the colour a hell of a lot. So i'll be replacing them soon.

What do you guys think?

• 4 weeks later...
pro tip

Hide / route cables , if you are going to build a computer, make it look nice.

examples//

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

skulltrail_e.jpg

img3265yv2.jpg

That is one sick looking machine, I wish I had the patience to do something like that!

That is one sick looking machine, I wish I had the patience to do something like that!

It's actually easier to accomplish than you think, might need a bit of manual dexterity though. :)

• 2 months later...

Antec 900 v2...just got it from Fry's yesterday, they didn't even have them out of the shelfs yet. I traded in my Antec 900 v1 for it.

It has better wire management, dust filters for the fans, and fan controllers built into the case...worth the $50 difference if you ask me. I took my Antec 900 v1 back with the receipt and only paid the difference. :D

Pictures:

100_1122.jpg

100_1105.jpg

100_1107.jpg

100_1118.jpg

A 9800GTX+ fits inside a P180 without having to remove the middle hard drive cage?

I always thought it needed to be removed.

• 1 month later...
Antec 900 v2...just got it from Fry's yesterday, they didn't even have them out of the shelfs yet. I traded in my Antec 900 v1 for it.

It has better wire management, dust filters for the fans, and fan controllers built into the case...worth the $50 difference if you ask me. I took my Antec 900 v1 back with the receipt and only paid the difference. :D

Pictures:

100_1122.jpg

Cleaned up my photobucket of old photos (hence the few not showing up above in the previous post), and uploaded a new one of my case now:

100_1191.jpg

Cabling wasn't as great as when I first built it during the summer, but still pretty decent.

cimg0239.jpg

• 4 months later...

Not much in modding terms, but a little none the less.

mods include top 120mm exhaust (increased from 80mm), cable management hole next to psu (not shown) and access hole behind cpu backplate (not shown). amazing what a couple of hours with a dremel can achieve.

dsc0030gff.jpg

dsc0031w.jpg

dsc0034qds.jpg

dsc0038gbl.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

hey ...... i wanted to modify the hardware of my motorolla SB5101 cable modem ........... i am totally new to this thing so any guidence would be much appreciated ......... even if not pls do suggest me a right place to go to ....... if u can ........... THANKS IN ADVANCE THOUGH ....... !!!

• 1 year later...

My new 650D, replaced the Lian-Li PC7Fwb

pc_650d_sidewires.jpg

pc_650d_sideopening.jpg

pc_650d_rear.jpg

The USB3 port cables were long enough to root through the rear rivets nicely.

pc_650d_corner2.jpg

pc_650d_corner1.jpg

pc_650d_SATAdock.jpg

Quite happy with the upgrade, just got to replace the 200mm intake as the stock one is too noisy even on low. Tomorrow that will be sorted :)