Post Your Case Mods

Started out with a plain white/blueish enermax case I got on sale on newegg. Got REALLY bored one week of the summer before work started, SO.

dscn7037.jpg

dscn7036.jpg

It had no window or anything, and the fan holes on the back were crappy. So, with some work with the air powered cutoff wheel in the garage, I managed to cut out the flames that my friend laid out for me (i have no artistic talent whatsoever). Then, got a piece of plexi and had my friend lay out some flames on that, which I cut into it with a sandblaster. After that, primer, wet sanding, primer, wet sanding, paint...etc. I then mounted a LED brake light I had laying around off my truck inside below the plexi. Other than that, I cut out the crappy fan grills and replaced them with wire grills (made things MUCH quieter). And for moving into the dorm etc (lan parties), i mounted the door handle on top.

Great case mods. here is my first case mod. decent considering it was my first.. cut it out with a dremel tool (no flexi-shaft) mounted the plexi with push button anchors, which look cleaner than screws. I have 2 red led case fans installed, needs alittle more light to make it glow like i want it to but looks good anyway.. sorry for the pic being blurry.. got some big case mods planned but no time to spend on them right now..

--

KM

post-134120-1128897612.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alienized, that water cooling system, is it any good? I was thinking on getting one but dont know how good it is.

well if u want a dead silent pc than yes its damn good :D , fanless as u can see u wont hear a thing the reserva mite look big but u can barely hear it runing. The tubes get quite hot while on heavy tasking but i guess thats normal. The simpliest setup i ever seen, you just cant go wrong with this when u set it up. Ok when it comes to cooling, well its not like a huge diference from air cooling maybe 5C to 8C temp drop but what really is cool about it, is that there aint no noise mate thats why i really bought it for. I have overclocked my prescott from 3.60ghz to 4Ghz very stable, thats all i can say.

have a look at my sig. i also recommend putting in 2 front case fans (80mm) as i put 2 in 1 week ago and it dropped my Motherboard temp from a worrying 50 to a awesome 35 and somehow seemed to drop my CPU temp by 5 degree's. and theres no noise difference. i forgot to put in my sig i have 4 case fans, 1x120mm and 3x80mm. i luv my CPU cooler and GPU cooler and PSU!

• 2 weeks later...

So I got a ton of new stuff for my computer for Christmas, and now my computer looks completely different, as you can see if you look at my earlier post. I really think this was a huge improvement. The pictures aren't the best and don't bring out how well the colors (blue, green, ultra violet) work together. Now I sound like an idiot, so I'll just let you look at the pictures:

dsc077031ac.th.jpg dsc077045qn.th.jpg dsc077066ks.th.jpg

dsc077071al.th.jpg dsc077082oo.th.jpg dsc077114br.th.jpg

dsc077128jl.th.jpg dsc077133ri.th.jpg

There will be some minor mods to come in the near future. I'll be sure to get some better pictures next time.

Cooler Master ATC-210C AX1 Aluminum Case Window:

Before:

atc210b17.jpg

After:

case-mod.jpg

I used a 3? hole saw, c-strip rubber fan molding, skull and cross bones laser cut fan grill w/ net guard, vantec 80mm blue/green spectrum uv led fan.

My first custom built computer, my first pc mod, many more to come.

Please comment, I would like to know what you think.

Thank you

i like that case, plus i like ur monitor ( i have the same one)

Here are a couple pics of mine specs in the signature

I'm going to add 2 LED lasers and 2 cold cathode lights in it so I will update pictures later

DSC_0156.JPG.xs.jpg

DSC_0154.JPG.xs.jpg

Super Lanboys rule :cool:

i just found out about this case a few hours ago n ive ordered one lol

altho site didnt hav a good pic. it looks really sweet in "real life" glad i ordered it now :D

• 2 weeks later...

Not too much to look at, but here's my case.. Far from being done, but it's a start.

lightson.jpg

finishedlo.jpg

This is how I had it set up prior to the water cooling system.. Cooled great, but sounded like a small tornado!

SETUPON.jpg

• 2 weeks later...