MX1000

I bought the MX1000 as well and it's my first Logitech mouse. My only consideration is that the battery is not user replacable so if it dies, I have to send the mouse to Logitech.

I've read on another review that the MX1000 has 3 years warranty and the battery is included in the warranty, but I couldn't confirm this, and I can't find that review again. It's weird that the safety guide says:

"Your product comes with a limited three-year warranty... for more information, refer to the online help system on your hard disk."

and on the help file it says:

"Logitech? MX? Laser Cordless Mouse (M-RAG97), Length of warranty (years): 5."

No word about the battery.

Thanks for review but...

Blah, another lame non left handed mouse.

Sorry but isn't the equation like,. only 1 out of every 10 people in left handed? If you want a left handed moust so bad start a company, there are probably more people out there like you.. See you already have you niche market.

heh its not being compared to big MS mice :p i think logitech mice are usually much more slim. my mx700 is doing me alright. i don't really think i can justify getting a new mouse. especially one so expensive.

for anyone looking to buy one, you may want to take a look at your local Sam's Club, that is, if you have a membership. granted, you will have to pay the sales tax, but at our store they sell for about $66.

Sorry but isn't the equation like,. only 1 out of every 10 people in left handed? If you want a left handed moust so bad start a company, there are probably more people out there like you.. See you already have you niche market.

Only? :rofl:

You make it sound like thats really low. It aint. 1/10th of the worlds population is really quite alot.

I don't get it?

Does it maes a really big difference between optical and laser?

I was aware that it was laser, but man...the price difference is huge.

i know this sounds retarded, but i'm still using their old optical normal logitech mouse.

I feel that it feels great and it moves as fast as i want it to be when I'm playing my games.

I'm not sure why a better mouse's needed...

Maybe it's just a tech hype....hahaha

Lion

i got one but it's bottom was scratched and it didn't sit flat on the surface, defective.

so i took it back and got the refund.

waiting for the Boomslang Diamondback

http://www.razerzone.com/diamondback.html

http://www.razerzone.com/images/lava_1.jpg

also it was heavy, and i don't like heavy mice, but the grip was comfortable

Got one a few weeks ago, very impressed with it. First MX series mouse for me so I can't compare much.

I use my 50" LCD Projection TV for my computer screen and so my computer is not exactly right near me, so cordless was a must in my case... Also the fact that I use the coffee table (wood) the couch, a pillow sometimes as a surface for my mouse, the improved number of surfaces that it works on is great. So for those that say that feature is useless its not, for me anyway.

The range is better then my cordless optical Microsoft mouse, and another Logitech cordless mouse I had.

The accuracy is much better then my old mice

The surface tracking is really good, almost too good... Because I like to lift the mouse and readjust its placement closer to me, but I have to lift it much higher cause it tracks even when it?s off the surface, but I can live with that trade off.

The battery meter is a greatly needed feature, was a big selling point for me.

5229.jpg

Price is not outrageous...

Couple of things that bother me is that for my hand the middle button and surrounding edges of it is too big I find my fingers are partly on top of it and on the right/left mouse buttons. If they could have compacted that a little, it would have been better. And a non-hardware related issue is the programming of the buttons with the software is lacking a few options as far as customizing which button does what.

Here's the middle buttons

5232.jpg

5230.jpg

All in all a great mouse, I was originally buying it to try it out, but discovered once I left FN CompUSA that they have a 15% restocking fee if you open the box.... Bestbuy/CC has no restocking fee... But luckily the mouse sold itself and I have no plans to return it.

Would recommend it to anyone, gamers etc... (Play UT2004 Doom 3 etc... no lag at all););)

HAHA :p

I got one today for my birthday :D

Mine doesnt sit perfectly flat on a flat surface. Rocks a little side to side... are they not suppose to?

Nope mine sits perfectly flat :blink:

So yours doesnt wobble a little? Hmmm Might have to take it back to Dixons. Mum won't be please :woot:

how old are you? just wonderin cus if ure old and still getting presents ure lucky :woot: