MX1000

I'll stil lwait for the wired version ;)

Can't be arsed with batteries. Either that or I'll wait for a laser mouse with a pad that recharges the batteries in the mouse via some metal conductor on the mouse ;)

584707358[/snapback]

The MX1000 has a built-in batteries and you charge it by putting the mouse on the mouse dock. Simple as that. No batteries to change...

What is so hot about wired mouse anyway? They don't have anything better to offer.

:x

I like wired mice because you dont have to "connect them" on every startup, and I just feel that having the wire there is a lot more reliable than a battery and some sensor that is sending the signal around. I mean, what if I was working on something all day and then the batteries died at the last second. What then, what if I dont have any other mice to hook up.

Its a problem.

I like wired mice because you dont have to "connect them" on every startup, and I just feel that having the wire there is a lot more reliable than a battery and some sensor that is sending the signal around. I mean, what if I was working on something all day and then the batteries died at the last second. What then, what if I dont have any other mice to hook up.

Its a problem.

584711943[/snapback]

"Connect on every startup"? I've got the MX700... it's always working the second the mouse cursor appears in windows... As for knowing if/when the battery's gonna die, that's what the MX1000's Battery Indicator is for ;)

Is the wobble an actual design fault?

Excellent battery Life. Mine lasted 5 days before it died.

584706554[/snapback]

I didn't realize that mice with built-in batteries don't last very long. I use an older Microsoft Wireless Optical Explorer. It takes two AA batteries that I need to change only every 2 months or so.

As soon as it is available in Canada, I am buying one! Woohoo!!

My Microsoft IntelliPoint mouse kind of exploded this week... I had kirkland batteries in it, and then I heard a POW under my hand o_O

Now, there was battery juice in the mouse, I hcanged the batteries, removed that juice... the mouse is working, just that I cannot scroll anymore or I cannot zoom in some games anymore such as Sims 2 or RCT3. >_<

"Connect on every startup"? I've got the MX700... it's always working the second the mouse cursor appears in windows... As for knowing if/when the battery's gonna die, that's what the MX1000's Battery Indicator is for ;)

584711962[/snapback]

Boy.. When will people stop bringing up the crap about wireless mice.

1. It does not lag

2. It does not need connecting at every start up

3. it works with no operating system (formatting etc)

4. The battery lasts around 5 days. Just stick it on charge after 2-3 days of use when you goto sleep. End of story.

No you dont understand. My point was, I dont care if it sets up an ALARM to tell me the battery is going to die. What if I'm using it for something important like an assignment due the day after, and the battery dies. I'm gonna wait an hour for it to recharge a bit and then use it? This is why I like wired mice. I use my computer about 12 hours a day. Wireless is just not ready for long-term use.

I'm gonna wait an hour for it to recharge a bit and then use it?

I read on Logitech that it takes 10 minutes to charge the battery of the MX1000 for one full day.

Plus, even if you use the computer 12 hours a day, the batteries are made to last longer than 5 days. Maybe 10 or 14 days. And since the battery in the MX1000 is a lithium battery, it should last longer than that.

No you dont understand. My point was, I dont care if it sets up an ALARM to tell me the battery is going to die. What if I'm using it for something important like an assignment due the day after, and the battery dies. I'm gonna wait an hour for it to recharge a bit and then use it? This is why I like wired mice. I use my computer about 12 hours a day. Wireless is just not ready for long-term use.

584712000[/snapback]

I use my MX 700 all day at work and then at home. Some days i spend 12 hours in my office. Just put it on the craddle before you go to bed and you can click away all day long when you wake up. :D

Wirelless is certainly ready for long-term use by a single person.

Just in case you would want to work 24+ hrs straight without eating i would suggest you put a cheap wired mouse in your desk drawer ... for emergencies :pinch:

Just in case you would want to work 24+ hrs straight without eating i would suggest you put a cheap wired mouse in your desk drawer ... for emergencies 

...or you take a break of 10 minutes to drink some coffee while the MX1000 is charging... :rolleyes:

If you dont care about it being from logitech or not, you could always try one of MSs mice (the newer ones) I have a Wireless Intellimouse explorer 2.0 and its only been replaced twice in 10 months of course its not laser and if youre a fanatic well tough luck

replaced? as in it broke and you had to get a new one? :s thats not good.

Oh and ive had my bad experiences with microsoft mice anyways. They burn out quite fast.

Okay so then what about the charge cycle... Does anyone know how many charges it takes before it dies?

Lithium batteries are made to last a long time... so I don't really know myself how long a battery can last... but I still say it would last more than the length of the guarantee who is 3 years.

584712000[/snapback]

you need to get one, then you'll realize you have no idea what the hell you are talking about this battery dying out crap.

Okay so then what about the charge cycle... Does anyone know how many charges it takes before it dies?

584712182[/snapback]

Xtreme $niper, are you for real? All these question for a wireless mouse? GO GET ONE, you'll see for yourself.

It's a Lithium batterie, no memory effect, made to last long. You will probably want to change your mouse BEFORE the batterie dies....

STOP this wired is better crap. It was mabe true for the first generation but now they are 100% there with wired mouse. No lag, no problem, it will not die on you.

And if you're THAT SCARED that it will die, get a cheap wired mouse and but it in your drawer. :wacko:

Well, considering the wired/wireless thread, I know that I will NEVER, NEVER use a wired mouse again in my whole life.

The wire was starting to get on my nerves, I feel more free without it. And I don't know who started to talk about wireless mice being laggy... but I have never noticed anything like that with my wireless mouse, and it's been about 4 years that I have it. :p