AutoPatcher XP May 2005

This one is for the people who would like to have the Dutch version.

Besides all the security and other updates, patches and addons, should I also add the English XP PowerToys?

What about the visual settings (tweaks)? Some of these registry settings are only available in English...

The Dutch version is based on Windows XP 2002 SP2 I made some changes. That means that it only works when you have the right version. :yes:

Let me know all (leave a message, no posting here), I'll continue with it.

:ninja: Pascal B :ninja:

Nevermind..

I was asking why in CRITICAL UPDATES that there were ONLY 5 Checked to be installed, and was wondering if the unchecked ones was because I already had them insatlled..

I searched before I posted and didn't find the answer, but I just now searched again and read more and found out.. The unchecked critical updates are installed.. they are ALSO BLUE, which means they have already been installed.. That is how I found the answer, but searching for Blue unchecked critical updates, and the first time I didn't even notice they were blue, ONLY UNCHECKED.

Thanx again for another great release..

BTW, the torrent download was VERRY FAST.. I downloaded the FULL version in about 5 mins.. I was getting around 700KBps or more... that is AWESOME!!

Thanx guys

Edited by tre2004

Hey everybody, I'm not going to read this whole thread to see if its been said already, but I downloaded the AutoPatcher April 2005 torrent, and installed the whole thing. Shortly after, AVG found IstBar inside the self-extracting .exe. This is something you might want to look out for, it is a pain to remove.

post-99020-1114026762.jpg

edit: I don't mean to imply for one second that the author has anything to do with this, I'm saying I think some of the mirrors might have slipstreamed a trojan into the .exe somehow. Scan first, just in case.

Edited by wcitech

Hi. I can verify what wcitech was saying about AVG detecting a virus. AVG detected it quite to my surprise some hours after I'd actually run the installer (and rebooted) when I opened the folder the installer was still in. I updated my AVG virus definitions and it still found it in the installer (April lite edition from the first link to the English torrent). Doing a full scan doesn't seem to find anything else infected at all but repeatedly claims there is a virus in the installer if I try to ignore it or restore the file from quarantine. I'll try to see if I can install some other anti-virus software or something and see if that comes back with anything - if AVG will let me ;-)

(btw, it's the free version of AVG 7 and right up to date with patches)

UPDATE:

I downloaded an MD5 program ( http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/md5sums/ ) and it seems to be identical to the original (ran it on a restored version of the file from the virus vault without a file extension and turned off scanning of files without an extension, to stop AVG finding it and allow me to scan):

Value on 1st page: 6917730C8E60E216A7537CEDB0BCCC21

My value: 6917730c8e60e216a7537cedb0bccc21

So I guess it is either in the original somehow or a false find by AVG.

Edited by evl422

I've tried scanning April 2005 Lite with "avast! Home 4.6.652" (just downloaded from betanews.com so I'm assuming it's current) and it doesn't report any virus.

My version numbers for AVG (as reported in the Information -> About AVG menu) are:

Program version: 7.0.308

Virus database: 266.10.1 (Release date 20/04/2005)

ClamWin:

--------------------------------------

Scan started: Wed Apr 20 22:49:26 2005

-- summary --

Known viruses: 31566

Scanned directories: 0

Scanned files: 3

Infected files: 0

Data scanned: 316.05 MB

I/O buffer size: 131072 bytes

Time: 53.018 sec (0 m 53 s)

-------------------

Completed

-------------------

Same result as M2Ys4U with other AV.

I must be a false positive.

I've downloaded the Free AVG, updated it and made a search in my AutoPatcher folder. Here are the results:

post-12507-1114043231.jpg

post-12507-1114043270.jpg

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it's a 7z SFX archive...(Is it still? I haven't used this in a while)

Could one of you extract the contents, and scan the resulting folder?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it's a 7z SFX archive...(Is it still?  I haven't used this in a while)

Could one of you extract the contents, and scan the resulting folder?

585805234[/snapback]

Don't know. OpenOffice.org is a 7z SFX archive I think and it never makes AVG popup...

To the AutoPatcher developers....

I have been a silent observer of AutoPatcher and this forum for quite some time and firstly I would like to say thanks for a great program.

An enhansement I would like to see in the AutoPatcher Installation is to add a a Shortcut Menu for itself and not just a Shortcut on the desktop.

Also Where are all the addins that were in the orginal versions, things like the Screen backgrounds and other third party addons etc.

Thirdly is there information somewhere about reversing some of the settings that AutoPatcher offers. The particular one I want to reverse at present is the setting "Stop Internet Explorer Re-Using Windows"

How do I install Autopatch XP unattended?? I want to "push out" theses updates to ALL my user (through a login script) without the users having to do anything?

Thanks ...

jfx, assmuing you're happy with the defaults, you should run
"Drive:\Path\AutoPatcher.exe" /unattend

or

"Drive:\Path\AutoPatcher.exe" /unattend:t2

Check this thread

585806791[/snapback]

and if I want to change the Deafults?

Thanks.

^ Then you need to open the modules you want to alter with the Module Editor, save them and use the /unattend (or /unattend:tX - where X=1,2,3). Altered modules will appear as unofficial of course.

evl422, after some research, gandolas found that some NSIS installations were affected by this. I doubt NSIS includes a real virus, so it probably *is* AVG giving a false positive.

To the AutoPatcher developers....

I have been a silent observer of AutoPatcher and this forum for quite some time and firstly I would like to say thanks for a great program.

An enhansement I would like to see in the AutoPatcher Installation is to add a a Shortcut Menu for itself and not just a Shortcut on the desktop.

Also Where are all the addins that were in the orginal versions, things like the Screen backgrounds and other third party addons etc.

Thirdly is there information somewhere about reversing some of the settings that AutoPatcher offers.  The particular one I want to reverse at present is the setting "Stop Internet Explorer Re-Using Windows"

585806592[/snapback]

1) glad you like it :)

2) what do you mean by 'shortcut menu', do you mean a link on the right click menu, because im sure it wouldnt be hard to make one for you.

3) a lot of the addins were left out when raptor moved us on to v5 because he had to do it all himself and decided it was best.

If you would like to see some things back, just post a request thread and well see if we can do anything.

4) you can undo tweaks using the tweak undo tool in c:\program files\autopatcher\tools.