AutoPatcher XP May 2005

Actually, the chances would be higher for Firefox to be included, if it provided an easy way to install silently. Right now, the only way to do this is to repack the whole thing. And repacking means we go from ~4MB to ~14MB...

I am a Firefox user myself, so it's not that we are Firefox haters or something.

Actually, the chances would be higher for Firefox to be included, if it provided an easy way to install silently. Right now, the only way to do this is to repack the whole thing. And repacking means we go from ~4MB to ~14MB...

I am a Firefox user myself, so it's not that we are Firefox haters or something.

585898587[/snapback]

What will happen if Microsoft will come with IE 7? Are we gonna use it or not? If we will use IE7 (don't know what size it is) is it going to depend on the size too? Just like Firefox?

What about netscape version 8? The same rules as above?

:ninja: Pascal B :ninja:

IE7 will probably be included, as a vital component of Windows, just like .NET Framework and Windows Media Player. Due to its size (which I think will be big), it will only be included in the Full version, not the Lite.

IE7 will probably be included, as a vital component of Windows, just like .NET Framework and Windows Media Player.

585898760[/snapback]

Hmmm........are we offering only Microsoft "media and browser" products? Vital or not? Is that want you want to tell?

No there are plenty of things in AutoPatcher which are not by Microsoft. We target Windows, Microsoft's operating system, which means updated components of it should be included in AutoPatcher. When it comes to non-Microsoft software, we try to keep it tidy. It's really hard to draw a line there. If I include a non-Microsoft media player (which has nothing to do with Windows), people would scream. Let's say we included Winamp. People would say "Hey, why Winamp? Why not iTunes? Or QuickTime? Or RealPlayer? Or BSPlayer?". Same goes with browsers. "Why Firefox? Why not Opera? Or Maxthlon? Or.....". That's something we just can't do. If we start including non-Microsoft software, we would have to include the bigger part of the competition aswell. AutoPatcher 5.x is modular, which means we don't need to include all those. Every one of the programs mentioned can become stand-alone modules.

As I said, my intention is not to kill Microsoft's competition. I'm all for it. But I can't include all media players and all browsers.

As I said, my intention is not to kill Microsoft's competition. I'm all for it. But I can't include all media players and all browsers.

585899080[/snapback]

I'll agree with that one! If we would do it all....we soon need a DVD to burn all that stuff.....hehehehe :D

why o why?

Getting sick :x

In the Autopatcher Module Editor I made the module for installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903) with the result below:

"Module:\NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe" /Xp:%L%%temp%

Why does that not work in Autopatcher?

:crazy:

Making a batchfile installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903) for use within Autopatcher Module Editor with the result below

cmd "Module:\NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.cmd"

Made a batch-file that works fine.....Autopatcher won't eat a batch-file. Stocks at 95%....... :alien:

The commands I used in the batch are:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe /Xp:%L%%TEMP

msiexec /update %L%%TEMP\M886903.msp /q /norestart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, that works good!

Who has the clue? :rofl:

Don't see it any more at this moment :wacko:

Edited by DaFlapDrol

Pascal, Raptor and i had the same problem. The trick were was decompressing the NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe and use the .msp created (and renamed to KB886903.msp) in the AutoPatcher, not the original file. The installation commands are very simple this way:

[Install With Backups]
"Module:\kb886903.msp" /q /norestart

I know you like to use the original files, but in this case, i don't know how...

I hope this helps. ;)

585898587[/snapback]

And when 1.1 is released, I'll make another module for it like I did with 1.0 (as there will be .msi files), but as it stands, the repackaging thing is totally useless.

Pascal, Raptor and i had the same problem. The trick were was decompressing the NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe and use the .msp created (and renamed to KB886903.msp) in the AutoPatcher, not the original file. The installation commands are very simple this way:

[Install With Backups]

I know you like to use the original files, but in this case, i don't know how...

I hope this helps. ;)

585899833[/snapback]

Hey my man Gandolas,

well it has to be fixed in AutoPatcher!!! Again, on the command-line all works great. Just a simple batch-file makes it possible to install ALL hotfixes and patches. I have used the example:

[Install With Backups]

I don't know why, it doesn't seem to work here with the Dutch version, as far as I discovered.

Be honest, did you tried my example? With the batch file? If it works on the command-line I think that it must be possible to make it work in AutoPatcher too??.

The repacked version of the Framework stuff in Release April is no solution, it?s a workaround.

[Install With Backups]

I don't know why, it doesn't seem to work here with the Dutch version, as far as I discovered.

Be honest, did you tried my example? With the batch file? If it works on the command-line I think that it must be possible to make it work in AutoPatcher too??.

The repacked version of the Framework stuff in Release April is no solution, it?s a workaround.

585902985[/snapback]

Strange.. it works with the English, Portuguese from Portugal and with the Portuguese from Brazil...

No, i din't try it but i'm going to try it now.

It's a workaround and it saves some s;)ce. ;) I know, it's not perfect...

NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe /Xp:%L%%TEMP

msiexec /update %L%TEMP\M886903.msp /q /norestart

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, that works good!

Who has the clue?  :rofl:

Don't see it any more at this moment :wacko:

585899422[/snapback]

The problem is that you didn't make a TEMP folder:

Add as a first line:

mkdir Temp

and

rmdir temp

as a last line, in order to delete the temp folder after the instalation.

Hope it helps. :)

Edited by gandolas

The problem is that you didn't make a TEMP folder:

585904610[/snapback]

Gandolas,

NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe /Xp:%L%%TEMP%

msiexec /update %L%TEMP\M886903.msp /q /norestart

In this case it means the TEMP folder exist. The user logged on, has a TEMP folder in the LOCAL SETTINGS folder. That TEMP folder is being used by the extraction command as above. Nothing new here.

As shown above I don?t need to make a TEMP folder first.

I?m very curious how Autopatcher handles this all, I didn?t make the program. Perhaps it isn?t possible within AutoPatcher??

Edited by DaFlapDrol

Okay, here's exactly how AutoPatcher handles it:

It creates a batch file in the user's temp folder and outputs the installation commands, replacing Module: with the module's path. Then it just executes the batch file. Theoretically, this means that any batch file which works on the command prompt will work. Only trouble is, you must make a path-independant batch file (read: one that specifies ALL paths).

Where does "%L%TEMP" point? Maybe you should put the .msp part in quotes? Maybe you meant %TEMP%?

Okay, here's exactly how AutoPatcher handles it:

It creates a batch file in the user's temp folder and outputs the installation commands, replacing Module: with the module's path. Then it just executes the batch file. Theoretically, this means that any batch file which works on the command prompt will work. Only trouble is, you must make a path-independant batch file (read: one that specifies ALL paths).

Where does "%L%TEMP" point? Maybe you should put the .msp part in quotes? Maybe you meant %TEMP%?

585907664[/snapback]

Here it comes:

In a batch-file

NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe /XP:%L%%TEMP%

msiexec /update %L%%TEMP%\M886903.msp /q /norestart

This within a module:

[install With Backups]

"Module:\NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe" /XP:%L%%TEMP%

msiexec /update %L%%TEMP%\M886903.msp /q /norestart

The setting %L%%TEMP%\ points to the users Temp folder located in the Local Settings folder. This setting %L% points to the systemsdrive letter.

When I launch this module in Autopatcher is doesn't extract the file. In the batch-file it does. I don't know if AutoPatcher can handle these variables, maybe not.

Edited by DaFlapDrol

AutoPatcher only handles its own variables. Module: and AutoPatcher:. %L% doesn't exist on my system. %TEMP% already contains the systemdrive letter. Type "SET" in a command prompt and see the variables. Also, consider using:

"%temp%\M886903.msp" /q /norestart

AutoPatcher only handles its own variables. Module: and AutoPatcher:. %L% doesn't exist on my system. %TEMP% already contains the systemdrive letter. Type "SET" in a command prompt and see the variables. Also, consider using:

"%temp%\M886903.msp" /q /norestart

585908080[/snapback]

I already know what one problem was. The path depth??

I took a close look at the apmodule.bat created in the TEMP directory. That was what I should have done earli:laugh:laug:laugh:ugh: ?

Here are the eD2K links for the Portuguese May version:

ed2k://|file|AutoPatcher_XP_May2005_Portuguese_Full.exe|150422974|E2154D27E161DB9F2D67983871DD6B5D|/

ed2k://|file|AutoPatcher_XP_May2005_Portuguese_Lite.exe|69316771|3C0C3C047CB53F22C1E328BEB887655A|/

ed2k://|file|AutoPatcher_XP_May2005_Portuguese_Update.exe|54189222|113055E3C0CA31136615C878C42A9272|/

and the links to the Portuguese (Brazil) version:

ed2k://|file|AutoPatcher_XP_May2005_PortugueseBrazil_Full.exe|149472323|4A27C5D27D6796C32691DECABDA845AF|/

ed2k://|file|AutoPatcher_XP_May2005_PortugueseBrazil_Lite.exe|67933929|549B1BFE71E1751EB1E17D2A0D98F05E|/

(Attempting to) download now so I can make .torrents :)

585913839[/snapback]

I'm uploading to servers...

And i may have found a Brazilian server that will host the file! :D

:angry:  HElp,how can I use this soft with French XP?????????????,,

585914920[/snapback]

General, you can't use the AutoPatcher on your French XP edition. It will give you a known error like

Runtime error '35601'

Modules will only load if the running operating system is supported and the language settings. The language setting on your system can be one of the numbers below:

2060 French (Belgium)

11276 French (Cameroon)

3084 French (Canada)

9228 French (Congo)

12300 French (Cote d'Ivoire)

1036 French (France)

5132 French (Luxembourg)

13324 French (Mali)

6156 French (Monaco)

10252 French (Senegal)

4108 French (Switzerland)

7180 French (West Indies)

The English version has code 1033 and that isn't supported with your systems language setting. That's the first detecting!!

What you can do is edit the modules. Just change the settings concerning the language into one on of the Values as shown above.

At that time it's possible to launch AutoPatcher. BUT, you don't have the French files (update, hotfix, etc). That means that you to download all these files.

To make it short, you have to translate all!!!!!!!!!

If you need assistance "How to".... just knock on the door!