Neowin Metal Club

Hey firey, what do you think about the new Chimaira album? They're my fav band, but this new album suck!

wtf is wrong with me?! I didn't even know they had a new album and they are my favorite band too! It's been far too long since I've been to this thread. I need my metal fix! I see it's on Spotify though, so I'm gonna check it out right now.

wtf is wrong with me?! I didn't even know they had a new album and they are my favorite band too! It's been far too long since I've been to this thread. I need my metal fix! I see it's on Spotify though, so I'm gonna check it out right now.

unfortunately there's only about 2 good songs on the album... 2 that really sound like Chimaira. what's happened to them w/ the last 2 albums?

So... listened to the album? What are your thoughts?

I'm really disappointed, well I'm gonna repeat what I said a few posts back, Chimaira is not the same without Andy, Jim and Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Last Trivium's album is amazing.

im liking the new trivium album more and more w/ each listen, but it's just not as good or epic as Shogun. i really love their epic songs. this new album sounds like a cross b/w "Ember to Inferno" and "The Crusade"

oh, and between their last two albums, they recorded "shattering the skies above." that song is insane. truly epic. one of my favorite Trivium songs.

im liking the new trivium album more and more w/ each listen, but it's just not as good or epic as Shogun. i really love their epic songs. this new album sounds like a cross b/w "Ember to Inferno" and "The Crusade"

oh, and between their last two albums, they recorded "shattering the skies above." that song is insane. truly epic. one of my favorite Trivium songs.

I used to listen to Trivium when I was younger... I guess his voice annoys me a little bit lol. Gonna search for this song, thanks for sharing, man. :)

A couple of my friends kept going on about Rise To Remain so I gave them a listen and was quite impressed, they sound pretty similar to All That Remains :)

A couple of my friends kept going on about Rise To Remain so I gave them a listen and was quite impressed, they sound pretty similar to All That Remains :)

Not too shabby.

Few bands.. Couple are a little older, but still good bands

Arkaea are really good, wasn't sure at first but after a minute or so I got really into it :D

I heard this band a year or so ago and loved them and then completely forgot they existed until about half an hour ago, hoping they tour the UK at some point would love to see them live :D

seems like this band is young, but has promise - the lead vocalist has a great screaming voice and decent singing voice. when he's singing in his upper register, it becomes a bit too whiny/emo for me. anyone know what im talking about? As I Lay Dying does this... sings really high but it just sounds so whiny... makes my skin crawl.

I heard this band a year or so ago and loved them and then completely forgot they existed until about half an hour ago, hoping they tour the UK at some point would love to see them live :D

WOW! i was not expecting those Son-of-Satan vocals to turn into that majestic singing! :laugh:

unreal. that was really good.

and that drummer looks like he's about 15-20yrs younger than the rest of the band :rofl:

seems like this band is young, but has promise - the lead vocalist has a great screaming voice and decent singing voice. when he's singing in his upper register, it becomes a bit too whiny/emo for me. anyone know what im talking about? As I Lay Dying does this... sings really high but it just sounds so whiny... makes my skin crawl.

I know exactly what you mean it really bugs me too! He's the son of Bruce Dickinson, the vocalist of Iron Maiden, so they have been getting a lot of attention from early on. Looking forward to hearing more from them as they mature :)

WOW! i was not expecting those Son-of-Satan vocals to turn into that majestic singing! :laugh:

unreal. that was really good.

and that drummer looks like he's about 15-20yrs younger than the rest of the band :rofl:

He's one of my favourite vocalists just for that shock factor :p Hopefully they will have some new material soon :)

Yeah he looks really out of place but hes a pretty good drummer, if he grew a beard he would look a little better :rofl:

Great recs bruNo and firey - digging all of those. Been away for a bit, got a ton to catch up on ;)

For me - I've been listening to a ton of Amon Amarth (shocker), the new Opeth, and some others scattered in there as well. I've really started to enjoy some old-school Death.

Anyone here listened to the new Machine Head album yet? Good stuff overall, and an epic Rush cover in the bonus tracks. :)

Hey firey, what do you think about the new Chimaira album? They're my fav band, but this new album suck!
I have to agree. New album does nothing for me. I want to say the new members had too much of an impact on the sound but they weren't involved in writing it and Chimaira keep changing anyway (as already stated). The last two were the best though.
Last Trivium's album is amazing.
I must be the only guy in the world to only like The Ascendency. The first track off this new album was catchy but so ****ing repetitive. The rest of the album was just blah like the rest of their cds.
Anyone here listened to the new Machine Head album yet? Good stuff overall, and an epic Rush cover in the bonus tracks.
Not a fan but the Rush cover has me curious. What song?

Great recs bruNo and firey - digging all of those. Been away for a bit, got a ton to catch up on ;)

For me - I've been listening to a ton of Amon Amarth (shocker), the new Opeth, and some others scattered in there as well. I've really started to enjoy some old-school Death.

Yeah man, long time no see. Anyways, welcome back!

New Machine Head album is sick, great songs.

Haven't listened to the whole Machine Head album yet, just pulled it up to hear the Rush cover which, I must say, was awful. Hopefully their own stuff is better. Maybe I'm picky because I've grown up listening to Rush all my life since it's my father's favorite band, but the Machine Head cover version was slow, boring, and without any life to it.

Yeah man, long time no see. Anyways, welcome back!

New Machine Head album is sick, great songs.

Thanks man! Been spending time trying to learn Linux administration for work, so haven't had much time on the forums. Good to be back!

Glad to see you're still keeping it brutal.

And now.. one of my favorite metal videos