Neowin Metal Club

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

where's the beat? sounds like 3 guys just separately grooving...

fancy fingerwork though!

They don't use the standard 4/4 time signature, think more along the lines of what Meshuggah do with their songs.

This is an amazing clip as well:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I first heard these guys I thought the vocals were terrible but they grow on you :)

Dunno if anyone around here knows of them, but i'm really liking the new stuff from Chthonic.

never heard of that band! pretty brutal!

Have you heard their new album? OMG it's awesome!

Yeah, it's what got me into them :D

Not sure what others will think but a year or so ago I found a Japanese metal/techno band that I really liked. They recently did a cover of Omen that I though was pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujNf2bxAa4Y

Just listened to After The Burial for the first time in a while, forgot how much I liked them.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, though it would auto merge them :(

Never been too keen on OMAM, I like a lot of bands that are really similar but for some reason they just don't sound good to me. Saying that I seen them live and I thought they were really good :p

I had never really listened to em before, heard that song on the radio last night (I'm so happy I found a decent metal/hard rock radio station I can listen to when I drive around). I actually had to use Shazam to tell me what song it was lol.

few more songs.. probably already heard of all/most

I'm finally getting to see Metallica live, as they've finally been booked in the nearest city, for the first time in 18 years.

I saw them for the first time about 18 months ago in Charlotte, NC; they still put on a great show. On Aug. 3, I'm going to see Megadeth and Disturbed (Godsmack is headlining as well, so that's pretty cool, I suppose) for the first time; they're all doing the Mayhem Festival this year. I'm pretty excited to finally see Megadeth. :D

I saw them for the first time about 18 months ago in Charlotte, NC; they still put on a great show. On Aug. 3, I'm going to see Megadeth and Disturbed (Godsmack is headlining as well, so that's pretty cool, I suppose) for the first time; they're all doing the Mayhem Festival this year. I'm pretty excited to finally see Megadeth. :D

Can't ****ing wait!!! Just got my tickets in the mail. August 3rd can't come soon enough! Last year's line up was a lot better, but you still can't beat an entire day of metal!

JN3HX.png

Let me just leave this here for you guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyR7dA0QuUc

I never thought I'd like Stick To Your Guns but they are actually pretty sick

And just in case some of you haven't seen them yet... may I present the biggest fail band in the world, please try to bear it till it gets to the autotune bit, I think I broke a rib from laughing at it.

Can't ****ing wait!!! Just got my tickets in the mail. August 3rd can't come soon enough! Last year's line up was a lot better, but you still can't beat an entire day of metal!

JN3HX.png

Wow, have you heard the new All Shall Perish? The new songs are br00000tal :D

Wow, have you heard the new All Shall Perish? The new songs are br00000tal :D

Their new album is good but my favourite is still The Price Of Existence, still liking it though unlike In Flames new stuff. IMO they have been going downhill since Soundtrack To Your Escape, theres the occasional song I like off their more recent albums but no where near the same level they used to be :(