Neowin Metal Club

People knock 'em but slipknot is a solid band.  I still listen to iowa and self titles a lot.

Then some other bands...

I didn't know Leach was back doing vocals for Killswitch. I haven't heard any of their newish stuff in a while though so I guess that's why.

Their new album is solid! Got tickets to see them in February, can't wait :D

• 3 weeks later...

Abit of a bump but wow i forgot we had this as a locked topic thread, been ages since i last actually had a look in this thread. Got some new albums but nothing that got me going.

Damm that got me hooked on that band, the singer sounds like lamb of god's just without the normal singing :p not bad not bad :D

• 2 weeks later...

*Disclaimer: I'm not liable for any damages caused to your immediate surroundings while listening to this*

• 2 months later...

First up my friends bands.

Ghosts Over Japan - Below is a song from the latest EP, you can listen to more or even even buy it for $5 over on their Bandcamp page: http://ghostsoverjapan1.bandcamp.com/

I Am Everest -  They have since broken up but you can check out the music video below and head over to Dropbox and download their two EP's for free: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4mhvung8rq8qy81/ctW5DTxHGQ

Now onto some other great Aussie prog acts.

Circles - You can pick up their album at: http://music.basickrecords.com/album/infinitas

Twelve Foot Ninja - These guys rule at music videos! The first video gets a little extreme towards the end but has a guest cameo from Misha, Mark and Spencer of Periphery! Second video, well just enjoy those dancers ;)

Yay, Scottish metal!

Also this is more melodic/hardcore/whatever but this is kinda the alternative music thread now so... NAPOLEON! The vocalist looks kind of awkward but if you don't watch the video it's amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out that Benjamin Nominet, founder and vocalist of my all-time favorites Sybreed has quit. Unless a miracle happens way down the road, that effectively is also the end of Sybreed, for his unusual rhythm and odd tone of voice greatly defines(-ed?) their highly unique sound.

http://sybreed.com/2013/10/dear-sybreed-fans-and-friends/

Next day will never come... :cry:

It is unlikely that they will continue with their vocalist out of the picture. They will however remain the pioneers of cyber metal as well as the best cyber metal band to date.

Been a Metallica fan since 1985. \m/ Recognize my avatar?

Slayer

Pantera

Black Sabbath

Deicide

Morbid Angel

Testament

Cannibal Corpse

Mercyful Fate

Acid Bath

Gojira

Lots of new stuff to listen to! Thanks guys! This thread always comes and goes, but it's always awesome.

i'm sure some of you guys can appreciate metal drumming at its best :)

Ben Harclerode - Whitechapel - Section 8

New Sybreed track :D

wow. i didnt dislike that, but it really sounds dated. it reminds me of Static X w/o the vocals from 1998. really surprising to me.

wow. i didnt dislike that, but it really sounds dated. it reminds me of Static X w/o the vocals from 1998. really surprising to me.

Nah, it was an April fool's joke, don't worry. It even has Drum & Bass elements haha.

But dated? Sounds just fine to me. Hell, even better than Static-X.

My album of the year last year was Surgical Steel by Carcass, Dream Theater's self titled was up there too.

I'm currently getting sucked in by the hype surrounding the upcoming Arch Enemy album "War Eternal" with their new singer and guitarist.

I'm also sure In Flames are in the process of recording a new album to be out later in the year... As are Machine Head!

Fans of more melodic metal may wish to check out my band Octanic http://www.octanic.com/, there is an embedded player you can stream our album from :)

Fans of more melodic metal may wish to check out my band Octanic http://www.octanic.com/, there is an embedded player you can stream our album from :)

Which are you in the band? Where was that Deadworld video shot?

i'll be honest - it's ok music. my jaw wasnt hitting the floor. has your band been around for a while? it seems like pretty mature music. a lot of younger bands cant form coherent music structures or melodies.

Which are you in the band? Where was that Deadworld video shot?

i'll be honest - it's ok music. my jaw wasnt hitting the floor. has your band been around for a while? it seems like pretty mature music. a lot of younger bands cant form coherent music structures or melodies.

I'll take "ok" over "I hated aspect X of it" :)  Thanks for checking it out.  The video was shot in South Australia on an arid unused paddock, and in the ruins of an old homestead on adjoining land.  It was supposed to look desolate or post-apocalyptic.  I'm the guitarist on the left with the blue/silver guitar.

We are writing for a second album now, the music should take another step forward, hoping to tour overseas with the album.  It's an expensive hobby but quite rewarding!

^ Pretty good, The screaming I wasn't a huge fan of.. it wasn't as deep as I would of liked.. especially having the soft (good) vocals.  It was definitely good though.. would have just liked it maybe either deeper.. or less screaming.

One of my favourite bands right now, the contrast of his clean and screaming vocals... top notch vocalist!

And these guys, it's hard to listen to them without wanting to jump around and break everything around you... in a good way :P!