Smilies : no more rolleyes ?!

c'mon now..

the one.. most important, most vital smiley to a technology related help forum is gone --> rolleyes

instead its been replaced by the ever-popular, always-used, relates to every topic smiley --> pirate :pirate:

not to mention the new chinaman --> :china:

what are your thoughts ?

:edit: apparently another pathetic, stupid thread started by lazydesert.. i think i'll stop starting threads from now on.. :edit:

Agreed, that is shocking, rolleyes has to come back. That was one of the best on Neowin.

Do the smilies have to be replaced or can they just be added to?

I would personally sacrifice either the paranoid or ponder if they need to be replaced because they are so similar.

Originally posted by Dazzla

Agreed, that is shocking, rolleyes has to come back. That was one of the best on Neowin.

Do the smilies have to be replaced or can they just be added to?

I would personally sacrifice either the paranoid or ponder if they need to be replaced because they are so similar.

:paranoid: :ponder: :paranoid:

i think they could ad smilies, because i seen other vBulletin boards, and they have more/less smilies

Let there be no misunderstanding that neobond and I are the admins on this board and what we say goes. If we want to delete the rolleyes smillie that is our decision, got it!!

I'll put the smilley back in a minute :ponder:

There's much more redudant smileys that are hardly ever used (such as :mad: :old: ), it's surprising that they would replace such a frequently used smiley, although, the rolleyes smiley was mainly features in post that involved flaming. *shrugs*

Originally posted by CustardFD

So why is there any need for it on this board then? :paranoid:

Well, that was only an observation, so I'm sure other people probably don't see it like that, and hey, some people just need to be singed by the neowin community flame at times, like say, scoob.

i always thought paranoid and ponder worked well together, side by side. i'm glad to see rolleyes back though. it's a shame that somebody has to go. i have to personally re-evaluate my own inner feelings now, since they are basically limited to the emotions displayed by the smilies on our board :p

Originally posted by Redmak

I removed 'smart'. No real use for that here on neowin :o

Damn that was wrong.... I guess you included yourself in that comment ? :confused:

Originally posted by jessejlt

Damn that was wrong.... I guess you included yourself in that comment ? :confused:

Well, I can count the times I've used it on one hand... I think most people use :right:

EDIT: BTW, thanks Redmak :rolleyes:

Originally posted by CustardFD

Well, I can count the times I've used it on one hand... I think most people use :right:

EDIT: BTW, thanks Redmak :rolleyes:

Yeah, just kidding around of course, I love this one ---> :confused: