Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1

IE7beta perfectly installed and worked on my work pc, but on my home computer i see error all the time during installation.

AppName: update.exe

AppVer: 6.1.22.4

ModName: msvcrt.dll

ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180

Offset: 00032332

during Backing up registry.

IE7beta perfectly installed and worked on my work pc, but on my home computer i see error all the time during installation.

AppName: update.exe 

AppVer: 6.1.22.4 

ModName: msvcrt.dll

ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 

Offset: 00032332

during Backing up registry.

586304420[/snapback]

Try re-installing windows installer 3.1.

So far I have seen the following issues:

Browster makes IE7 go haywire.

AresP2P causes IE7 not to connect to the internet.

IE Middle Clicker (plugin for IE6) causes links to open twice because IE7 already has the ability to open links in new windows/tabs by middle clicking the mouse.

Google Toolbar and Dictionary.com toolbars work fine.

I think someone should start a list of stuff that works and doesnt work.

ok, i did it on my own, you BS helpers,

people, go download hex workshop 4.2 (its free) and then open the iecustom.dll with the hex workshop 4.2

and go to "edit" and then "replace" and then type 0F95 and change it to 0F94 and save it

all done,

Even just tried a 'supposely fixed WinXP_IE7_En.exe, no success at all, as WUv6 just keeps scanning.......

Thanks... as I find it quite strange that some colleagues I have chatted with have had WUv6 work fine for them without having to try the above procedures...

586292373[/snapback]

Can anyone confirm if this works or not? :wacko:

Edit: Nevermind, .. its dont. It just stops IE all together when trying to load the update site. Dont try it.

Edited by DarkCircuit

yes. which is spanish language code?

586311679[/snapback]

?????????? don't understand what you are trying to say....

i got this problem when trying to update...

post-109968-1122994674.jpg

:laugh: Symantec AntiVirus 10 finds IE7 as Spyware and refuses to let me open it.

586315090[/snapback]

it's more likely that you downloaded ie7 illegally and therefore have a fake file on your system.

it's more likely that you downloaded ie7 illegally and therefore have a fake file on your system.

586315711[/snapback]

I have a legal copy :crazy: MSDN Subscription

Has anyone been able to run this on the x64 edition of Windows? Or am I a retard and it's for x86 only. :cry:

[Edit] Just realized it's only out for XP SP2 and will be coming out for x64 later in the beta cycle.

Edited by Lexcyn

@xtrm.

IE7 could be installed on every system.

here is example, but with russian language code (0x19).

1. unpack archive

2. open update.inf

3. looks for LangTypeValue = 0x09 string

4. change it to 0x19, save

5. change it to 0x09, do not save

6. run update.exe

7. save update.inf

8. change code to 0x19, do not save

9. press, next, next, next...

10. during back up, save update.inf.

Believe me, all this hussle isn't worth the effort. IE7 isn't what I hoped for, maybe the next BETA does a better job.

586318490[/snapback]

this is beta 1... i believe this beta was intended to get the bugs out of the interface. the next beta will probably be for developers to test out webpages... just wait and see, things will get better. never judge a program by it's beta :yes:

this is beta 1... i believe this beta was intended to get the bugs out of the interface.  the next beta will probably be for developers to test out webpages... just wait and see, things will get better.  never judge a program by it's beta  :yes:

586319589[/snapback]

This is a BETA.

The GUI will most likely change dramaticly, the speed of page loading will most likely increase slightly, and feautires will be added / subtracted.

Usually, I am a BETA ######. I would never do this with a decently running piece of pre-release, but I un-installed IE7, and just have it RaRd' and sitting in my archives. IE 6 runs much smoother, no crashes, and honestly .. you would be wise to not kid yourself and get rid of this crap.

IE7 dont make you l33t, it just makes you less functional.

Unless anyone here can crack open IE7, mod it, and fix the crap problems it has, .. Ill wait for Beta 2.