Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1

anyone know if theres a program that i can download that will make my w2k3 look like xp so it will install? is there anything i can do? help! thanks for any info

does anyone have maxthon and ie7 installed?  does maxthon use the ie7 engine correctly?  are there any conflicts?  thanks.

586289100[/snapback]

I have already seen confirmations that yes, it does work in this very thread... I know it's quite a long thread, but I'm sure you'll find it in no time.

anyone know if theres a program that i can download that will make my w2k3 look like xp so it will install? is there anything i can do? help!  thanks for any info

586289263[/snapback]

you could probably just download the windows 2003 server install if you are downloading it from ms's website. otherwise i think you can extract the files and manually register the dlls. not sure though.

how do i do that?

586289283[/snapback]

use like winrar or winzip to extract the files, put them somewhere, and then go to a command prompt and type:

regsvr32 "your dll name here"

let us know if that works... i dont see why it wouldnt though, as it's how i got wmp10 to install on my 2k3 server box.

Anyone know of a way to get the Favorites to show in one row, and be scrollable if need be, like how IE 6 was?

And I know this is a BETA, but really, that's no excuse for some of the weird issues it has. I don't think it was built from the ground up, and it has been worked on for a very long time now, from what I've read anyways.

It is pretty cool though, well that it's faster. Tabs wasn't my concern or I would have just added that function to IE 6, lol.

geed, restart your comp

and imo, IE7 sucks, its like a crappy knock off of firefox, made a few things not work right on the computer (trillian being one of them) so i would wait untill the final is out

only thing MS did right was the valadation thing, even though with a hex editer, that is easly fixed

*I WILL NOT GIVE OUT INFO ON HOW TO EDIT THE HEX, OR DL THE FILES*

says loaded, but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found :(

586289310[/snapback]

ok, well, i got it to get to the install but before i get too far it tells me that it cannot verify the integrity of the update.inf file and it closes the install. damn, im so close.

God,i'm loving the work in IE7,i have no reason to use firefox anymore (nice browser,and i like it)

post-69181-1122604523_thumb.jpg

i see that the microsoft page doesen't load complete,it stays loading and loading,anyone knows why?

Edit: Problem solved :D

*I WILL NOT GIVE OUT INFO ON HOW TO EDIT THE HEX, OR DL THE FILES*

586289513[/snapback]

Lol, no need to - it's already in this thread. :p

well, i didnt feel like reading through the 35 pages, and which was posted, cuz i know no lineks were, cuz even thought IE is free, the beta has not been released to the public, which in turn, makes it illegal (sp?) to download the beta as of right now

To those that were asking, I'm using the Beta right now with Maxthon. It works great so far.

Pngs are trans parent (Y).

I haven't done much surfing around though, but so far so good.

Also the native IE UI is a mess with Windowblinds.

Ahhhh!  Why are all my website shortcuts on the Links toolbar spaced so far apart?  Yuk!  :angry:

586289518[/snapback]

I agree! Hopefully this changes in future releases. I'm sure it will

where is the guide on how to run ie7 without installing it? i wanna run it on my server box.

edit...

never mind. i figured out how to get it to install on windows 2003 server. im gonna start a new thread with how to do it though.

I urgue you people, don't give up on firefox/safari/opera until IE7 supports w3c standards. Microsoft has been dragging their feet for too long and its time to apply the pressure.

Support W3C standards. Don't let IE7 become another crippled browser.

God,i'm loving the work in IE7,i have no reason to use firefox anymore (nice browser,and i like it)

post-69181-1122604523_thumb.jpg

i see that the microsoft page doesen't load complete,it stays loading and loading,anyone knows why?

Edit: Problem solved  :D

586289670[/snapback]

What is there to love? There isn't one innovative feature about it. Sure the phishing filter is nice but how many people fall into that trap and moreover, its just a "blacklist" which isn't very innovative.

I don't see what this browser has to offer that hasn't already been accomplished and plus it doesn't support any standards that the community craves.

Granted, its still in beta, but I see no reason why you wouldn't have any reason to use firefox.

bleh!

managed to install it on couples of computers..works nice..but on my own box..can't manage i get an error when it goes to backup registry and just closes...damn!

someone had this ??

What is there to love?  There isn't one innovative feature about it.  Sure the phishing filter is nice but how many people fall into that trap and moreover, its just a "blacklist" which isn't very innovative.

I don't see what this browser has to offer that hasn't already been accomplished and plus  it doesn't support any standards that the community craves.

Granted, its still in beta, but I see no reason why you wouldn't have any reason to use firefox.

586290509[/snapback]

Why are you being so negative?

I too am very excited about the new changes in IE7. It's a very good browser now.

Now that you mention it, one great benefit of IE7 is that it opens *all* the websites I browser correctly and I have tabs, which I love.

you can't use windows update but your computer can still download the updates for you and let you know when they are ready to install..good enough for me.