Apple Event on September 12th

Okay, at exactly 9:18 GMT -5, we could read : "We'll be back within the hour. We are busy updating the store for you (...)", so the other guy on the other forum was right, they're doing the updates at 9 Eastern Time :yes:

Before that time, it was written "Cannot connect to the application instance". Maybe they were uploading the page, or I dunno, and they had to take their "web application" down while they were updating. I dunno.

Okay, well I'm starting at 10 so.. time to go to school ;)

I got my iMac a few weeks ago, now i learn about the new 24" Core Duo 2s !! Oh well, i guess the main feature i want is 64bit support! so i've actually put my iMac on eBay! ha

I got a MacBook Pro about 3-4 months ago, and i'm very happy with that. wouldn't sell that i don't think :)

I went to The Source CC the other day to buy an iPod Nano. They said they didn't have any more 4GB ones because Apple "stopped making them, because they're releasing a new model on the 12th." :blink: I find it hard to believe The Source CC people would know about it before anyone here.......

The Source CC is probably just assuming that will happen.

A tactic Apple typically uses is to let inventories run very low before an update (so everything is cleared out beforehand). Stores that deal with Apple can usually tell when something is going to be updated.

Interesting little tidbit - http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/ipo...-ads-199610.php

Apparently many of the major electronics retailers did not have a single iPod in any of their weekly ads that were released today. Many iPod speakers and accessories were advertised, but NOT actual iPod's.

I never have seen Apple not have iPod's in the flyers before, update or no update.

Makes me wonder if the iPod is getting such a radical update that Apple does not want to advertise the old ones to avoid confusion.

Interesting little tidbit - http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/ipo...-ads-199610.php

Apparently many of the major electronics retailers did not have a single iPod in any of their weekly ads that were released today. Many iPod speakers and accessories were advertised, but NOT actual iPod's.

I never have seen Apple not have iPod's in the flyers before, update or no update.

Makes me wonder if the iPod is getting such a radical update that Apple does not want to advertise the old ones to avoid confusion.

the futureshop flyer has the ipod for this week

I saw on engadget a banner pic with a video ipod...looked fake though. I still think we'll see at least two new ipods -- probably a bigger hard drive on a nano, maybe the phone, and hopefully teh video player.

i am waiting for the core 2 duo macbook pros aswell... badly. ;) hopefully tomorrow theyre going to announce something like that. next week it would be mine then. :) or the week after or so. but soon infact.

I'm dying to get a new notebook and want a MacBook Pro, but I don't want to get one until the Core 2 Duo-based notebooks are out. Unfortunately, I've been reading that they have been delayed until 2007. Can anyone confirm this?

Apple never confirms or denies rumors.

The Inquirer isn't a very good source of accurate news either.

I would be shocked if it will take till 2007 to get Core 2 Duo's into at least the MBP.

Apple never confirms or denies rumors.

The Inquirer isn't a very good source of accurate news either.

I would be shocked if it will take till 2007 to get Core 2 Duo's into at least the MBP.

If there'll be a MBP update it won't be tomorrow.

It's all about movie and iPod, no Mac updates.

I have a MBP from when it was announced. I don't care about MBP updates. I'm waiting for Intel's Santa Rosa and Leopard next year. I hoping for a new Nano though. I already sold mine a few days ago! If there's no new Nano, then I'll just get whatever new iPod get announced.

Edited by coolchan

if i bought a mbp now and the new ones with 64bit processor and leopard is released, could i sell mine with a little loss but still enough to buy a new one (with some cash of mine) or at least an eventual macbook 64bit?

i am a bit unsure about leopard, will it only be able to run on 64bit machines?

and: whats 10:00 pacific in gmt+1?

You will take a loss (I took about $400 loss going from my iMac G5 to my Macbook).

Leopard will run on 32-bit and 64-bit machines. It will also run on G4's and G5's.

Really though, why do you need 64-bit machines? No software yet (outside of scientific apps) can take advantage of it. Really you are talking 3-4 years down the line when the benefits could really start to show. By then, you will need a new computer anyways.

The event is scheduled for 10:00 am pacific time at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, Calif. Attendance to the event is extremely limited and invite-only.

Digital invitations sent to members of the media last week simply said "It's Showtime."

Jobs and Co. are expected to use the event to launch a full-length feature film service, new iPods and -- if the kinks have been knocked out -- a streaming device that will more closely wed the company's digital media strategy to the living room home theater.

AppleInsider

I dont think Apple would announce any updates for MBP or MB, this event is called "showtime" its going to be entertainment and media related (movies and iPods announcements only), thats one reason that they released new iMacs before the event as they dont want to give out mixed messages.

WWDC was related to developers thus MacPro announced

SHOWTIME is media related therefore Apple's media products will be announced.

MBP n MB mite get similar silent treatment as iMAC.

You will take a loss (I took about $400 loss going from my iMac G5 to my Macbook).

Leopard will run on 32-bit and 64-bit machines. It will also run on G4's and G5's.

Really though, why do you need 64-bit machines? No software yet (outside of scientific apps) can take advantage of it. Really you are talking 3-4 years down the line when the benefits could really start to show. By then, you will need a new computer anyways.

yea, that there is a loss is a clear thing but 400? aint that much. especially when having in mind that the imac g5 and the macbook are entire different generations of technologie.

okay, i didnt know that leopard would be able to run on 32 and 64 aswell as g4s and g5s. someone told me it would be 64 bits only.

i dont actually need 64 bit, i was just fearing that i would not be able to run leopard;);) but while i now konw that it will run on 32 aswell, i will buy my macbook next week or something.