Apple Event on September 12th

*copies and pastes his posts from other places*

iTunes 7 is 99% for sure!!!

I've been watching the download folders on their servers and this folder didn't exist until just a few minutes ago, now it's there and forbidden.

http://content.info.apple.com/iTunes7/

Also all the links point to http://phobos.apple.com/showtime/showtime.html

Hmm, I mean I don't think they can call it iTunes anymore..if they are going to have movies and tv shows... we'll see.

Just an hour to go if you can't work out the timezones.

Please, I'm still praying for a MBP revision. The rumour sites think it'll be silent like the iMac (As this is more Multimedia focused), but you never know until it happens.

Just an hour to go if you can't work out the timezones.

Please, I'm still praying for a MBP revision. The rumour sites think it'll be silent like the iMac (As this is more Multimedia focused), but you never know until it happens.

Also all the links point to http://phobos.apple.com/showtime/showtime.html

Hmm, I mean I don't think they can call it iTunes anymore..if they are going to have movies and tv shows... we'll see.

While slightly illogical now, iTunes is probably too big a brand to dump in favour of something like iMedia (plus that sounds rubbish). It seems as though they'll simply rename the iTunes Music Store to the iTunes Store.

I wonder if iTunes 7 will be another mayor update like v5 > v6. :rofl:

Haha. We can only hope they actually redo iTunes from the ground up this time so it doesn't suck in Windows and works in Vista properly :p

Todays the day! thats awsome starting in about 36 min from now :D. With already being more impress then we all thought (hoping for the 23" imac and got the 24") and the mac mini getting a decent upgrade I highly dout they won't let us down today :). I hope MB and MBP get Core 2 Duo, or at least MBP.

While slightly illogical now, iTunes is probably too big a brand to dump in favour of something like iMedia (plus that sounds rubbish). It seems as though they'll simply rename the iTunes Music Store to the iTunes Store.

Yeah, you're right. The "tunes" in iTunes implies music but the name's too well-known to change it. Hmmm....

? Welcoming of Media Members

? Discussion on iTunes software, iTMS integration into iTunes, and iTMS sales and facts.

? Announcement of iTunes version 7.0

? Announces better search feature for Music Store

? Announces Movie Store. Available Immediately will be movies from Disney and Pixar, among other studios.

? New iPod Nano Announcement (nice brushed casing, while it will have same features as first gen, only a longer battery life)

? New iPod Announcement (Widescreen, Bluetooth, and featuring virtual touchweel. Does not include Wi-Fi, or any other protocols)

? One More Thing....TubePort. A $99 2-piece set that includes a dongle that connects via USB to your mac, and another dongle that connects via included HD cables or regular Component cables to your TV. The movie is accessed on your Mac via an iDisk-like storage component hosted by Apple.

Jobs will then explain the pricing structure of the Movie Store. Movies will be available as either a smaller iPod-format (which will cost $9.99 per movie), or as a larger, streamed movie to be streamed to your TV via TubePort. This cost $14.99 per movie. To purchase an iPod-formatted movie and a streamed version of the same movie, it will cost you $19.99."19.99."

These do seem likely...

wow, are they really going to do a video stream of the whole thing? thats going to take whole lot of bandwidth, i predict that it will stutter so badly it will be unusable.

doe anyone know of a site that is offering text updates as they happen?

That would be cool, bluetooth but the whole legal music thing will be blown out of the window, if people can transfer music via bluetooth via other iPods (and if not, im sure a hack could be done) then it is giving me doubts about if it will happen. I hope it does, since i hate iPods to be honest, the lack of innovation since the 3G has been dissapointing and has put me off, since they are just milking this device. So something like bluetooth is innovation in my books.

The whole touch screen but not concept will be stupid, kills portability imo, it involves taking the iPod out of your pocket etc, or a case (depends what type) just to change track, but im sure they have thought about that and i hope they prove me wrong, i really do.