Neowin Digital Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin digital photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

Thanks! :hug: :hug:

Some pictures I actually shot in September. Rituals at my parents' home. Straight from the camera. Haven't had time to post-process any of them.

1452270097_e2b607eb98_b.jpg

1453124036_219b57e1b0_b.jpg

1449813387_6240110e9c_b.jpg

ZOMG first post :p

Long time since I've posted here - mainly because I feel that there's not enough feedback on picture people post - yet I'm going to make more of an effort this time, so here goes;

Dhan; I like to second shot the best, though I think some cropping would do the picture good (moving the metal thingies - no idea what they're called - some more to the left of the image. First and third shot have some nice colors by the way.

On to my pictures:

All of them are taken with a Nikon D40 - my usual photoshop 'improvements' are some added contrast and in these pictures I added a lot of green/yellow and blue tones to the images. I'm also a 'fan' of vignetting - all in all it's a weakened cross-process effect sort-of.

Clicking on the image will take ou to my Flickr account where you could leave a comment? or view the picture in larger sizes.

1314622716_43d287a045.jpg

Exposure: 3.6 sec (18/5) Aperture: f/4.5 Focal Length: 86 mm ISO Speed: 800 Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV

1463773328_c053b77bfa.jpg

Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500) Aperture: f/5.6 Focal Length: 200 mm ISO Speed: 200 Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV

1467286713_82e1e08698.jpg

Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1600) Aperture: f/4.2 Focal Length: 70 mm ISO Speed: 200 Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV

1468142888_34b7137596.jpg

Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/1250) Aperture: f/4.8 Focal Length: 38 mm ISO Speed: 200 Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV

munky, take out the foreground and shift the blue structure a little bit more to the right and you'll have a much better picture! (Try cropping the one you have and see how it looks)

munky, take out the foreground and shift the blue structure a little bit more to the right and you'll have a much better picture! (Try cropping the one you have and see how it looks)

Cheers mate I'll get that done now :)

It's great getting photo advice on here

Yes, I think it's a big improvement over the original ^^

Rappy; I really like the sky in that picture, though I'd tilt the entire picture a couple degrees to the left maybe... At a quick glance the subject (what is that actually) looks like it's leaning a bit towards the right - even though the right side of the pole is really straight :\ weird, but I'd try it.

So I went to a local winery a couple weeks ago for my photography course... Here are a few of my favorites:

Bernardo_Winery_9_26_07_52.jpg

Bernardo_Winery_9_26_07_24.jpg

(I live in California, so I'm not sure why there was a sign that read "Arkansas," but it made a good picture :p)

Bernardo_Winery_9_26_07_28.jpg

Bernardo_Winery_9_26_07_65.jpg

Bernardo_Winery_9_26_07_44.jpg

The most I did to any of the pictures was mess with the levels and white balance.

If you want to check out the rest (there are a lot of repeats), check out the gallery on my site.

Yes, I think it's a big improvement over the original ^^

Rappy; I really like the sky in that picture, though I'd tilt the entire picture a couple degrees to the left maybe... At a quick glance the subject (what is that actually) looks like it's leaning a bit towards the right - even though the right side of the pole is really straight :\ weird, but I'd try it.

Yeah I know what you mean its a Beacon they light them or they did all across the south of the country for the queen its not in use now and kids have kicked it alot so it tilts :laugh:

1484079507_235751e9e0_b.jpg

1483975765_840c3458bf_b.jpg

i will post some stuff tomorrow. i am taking camera to college with me so hopefully i wont leave it on the bus again and i will get good pics :p

Long time since I've posted here - mainly because I feel that there's not enough feedback on picture people post - yet I'm going to make more of an effort this time, so here goes;

Dhan; I like to second shot the best, though I think some cropping would do the picture good (moving the metal thingies - no idea what they're called - some more to the left of the image. First and third shot have some nice colors by the way.

On to my pictures:

All of them are taken with a Nikon D40 - my usual photoshop 'improvements' are some added contrast and in these pictures I added a lot of green/yellow and blue tones to the images. I'm also a 'fan' of vignetting - all in all it's a weakened cross-process effect sort-of.

Clicking on the image will take ou to my Flickr account where you could leave a comment? or view the picture in larger sizes.

0.001 sec (1/1250) Aperture: f/4.8 Focal Length: 38 mm ISO Speed: 200 Exposure Bias: 0/6 EV[/size]

Hi everyone, this is my fist HDR work, hope you like it.

@ Keito, I agree, people barely comment on pics. Anyway, the first and third ones are the best, the first one looks like a horror movie poster of some sort :p, Thanks for the thorough exif info, What lense are you using?

@kaos777 WOW that third one is very nice, how many photos did you merge? The only thing I would suggest is making the sky look one color, I think it would give it a more "deep" look, since it's atm black and blue it kinda takes you attention away... My 2cents anyway :p

@ Keito, I agree, people barely comment on pics. Anyway, the first and third ones are the best, the first one looks like a horror movie poster of some sort :p, Thanks for the thorough exif info, What lense are you using?
First of all, thanks for agreeing with me! :D Happy to see there's people with the same state of mind as mine, I basically just post my picture so I can hear what other people think about it, not too show off purely (I don't consider myself good enough for that - yet heh)

I currently have two lenses for my Nikon D40; the kit lens, which is a 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lens with VR/IS (whatever you like to call it)

I have to say that lately I've been shooting pretty much exclusively on the 55-200mm lens, because the objects I shoot either tend to be far away and unreachable, or tend to be people and while taking a close-up with an 18mm lens give some fun results, I think keeping distance and using the full 200mm looks better.

edit; forgot something;

Kaos; I like the second picture. First picture seems a bit washed out in color and the third one looks to me like overdone tonemapping, a look which I don't like. Might be me though... what software are you using? I usually find the 'usual' pieces to give more or less extreme tonemapping results which as I said, don't like ^^; -I'm more for subtleness

So I went to a local winery a couple weeks ago for my photography course... Here are a few of my favorites:

(I live in California, so I'm not sure why there was a sign that read "Arkansas," but it made a good picture :p )

Bernardo_Winery_9_26_07_28.jpg

The most I did to any of the pictures was mess with the levels and white balance.

If you want to check out the rest (there are a lot of repeats), check out the gallery on my site.

Amazing shot. I love it. :yes:

Yo Rappy.

I believe the Beacon you took a photo of was one of many warning beacons on the coast, during the war with Spain. I'm sure they got lit if any observers sighted the Armada ships and would form a chain???

Yo Rappy.

I believe the Beacon you took a photo of was one of many warning beacons on the coast, during the war with Spain. I'm sure they got lit if any observers sighted the Armada ships and would form a chain???

Yeah I think thats the case but I don't think ours was built until the Queens Golden Jubilee then they lit them all but since then they haven't been used.

First of all, thanks for agreeing with me! :D Happy to see there's people with the same state of mind as mine, I basically just post my picture so I can hear what other people think about it, not too show off purely (I don't consider myself good enough for that - yet heh)

Kaos; I like the second picture. First picture seems a bit washed out in color and the third one looks to me like overdone tonemapping, a look which I don't like. Might be me though... what software are you using? I usually find the 'usual' pieces to give more or less extreme tonemapping results which as I said, don't like ^^; -I'm more for subtleness

:s How can you tell it's overdone ? that's some eye. Or maybe I just get "wowed" easily by that pic since I've never tried HDR...

Again I agree :p Usually I post pics to see how I can improve since there are really good photographers, I think of myself as a "serious amateur" at most. But people here barely say anything, only the same people who post pics comment.