Neowin Digital Gallery

I guess my pictures sucked so much that I discouraged anybody else from posting :p

Yeah they suck sooooooooooo BAD :p j/k mate...

All of them are very nice, Good work capturing the bee, those buggers never stay put!! What I would say to make em' pop out a big more, is up the contrast a bit, the purple flower doesn't seem to stand out from the green leaves. And I must say, it's my favorite shot simply because it's the only flower in the whole bush or so it seems :p Did you cut it off somewhere else and put it on there yourself?

no, it was LITERALLY the ONLY flower. I was walking passed the bush and saw it, and thought it was really weird; I took like 35 pictures of that one flower.

Heh I think I would've done the very same thing, weird how only one floor blooms, without any other unbloomed or "button" ones being there

I guess my pictures sucked so much that I discouraged anybody else from posting :p

nope it's cuz i'm busy with midterms :p u know how much pics i take per week :p.. anyhow, those last pics u took, they look alittle strange this time, part of it looks too "hot" and has some strange blur on em. especially the very last one

yup the mark3 does handle dark lighting very well. the last pic is wat the lighting was like. if it got any darker it would have been very hard to get shots off without a flash. the middle two pics were shot at iso6400 with at F1.4 and only had shutter speeds 1/60 or less.

I tried similar pics at a bowling alley a few weeks back...but didnt have a tripod or anything...this was the clearest pic I had...unfortunatly iso and such made it grainy

img1015ib3.jpg

Here is my gallery. Please pick at least one or two to comment on. I really don't like selecting any one of mine, since I end up just posting a crap load anyway. I do more than photography as you can see. The most digital altering I do with my photos is just stiching, monotoning, and contrast increases.

http://emn1ty.deviantart.com/gallery/

yup the mark3 does handle dark lighting very well. the last pic is wat the lighting was like. if it got any darker it would have been very hard to get shots off without a flash. the middle two pics were shot at iso6400 with at F1.4 and only had shutter speeds 1/60 or less.

I am very impressed with the noise at iso6400

the ol' zoom trick w/ the shutter open? I've been meaning to try that. Did you zoom in or out?

I framed the shot how I wanted it wide at 18mm. I then zoomed in to 55mm, metered the shot, and the released the shutter and keeping it open while I zoomed out and down to 18mm for about 3 or 4 seconds. The total exposure time is 20 seconds.

My bowling attempt:

DSC_0060%20copy%20(Large).jpg

Upped the contrast and Darkened some harsh lights

Edit: Panning came out nice except for one arm that moved to fast for the shutter :(