Photo

Wii won't read gamecube discs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aubaine

aubaine

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 October 2007 - 16:38

So I've had my Wii for a few weeks now, and I've only just tried to play a Gamecube game on it. I bought the Wii used, but it's been working fine until now.

Whenever I try to put a GC game in, it just spits it back out. When I load it "backwards" (data part toward bottom) it accepts the disc, but of course can't read it.

Any ideas?

#2 Phalesafe

Phalesafe

Mista Sparkelo™

Posted 28 October 2007 - 16:44

Call Nintendo and act like the original owner if possible, it should be under warranty I think. I don't remember if it was a year or not but mine reads them fine.

#3 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

Posted 28 October 2007 - 20:02

My one plays GCN discs fine.

Have you upgraded the firmware at all recently? It might of done something to the Disc Channel.

#4 OP aubaine

aubaine

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 October 2007 - 18:43

Yeah, I've upgraded the firmware. I doubt that it would cause a problem for JUST me though.

I also had a little more success when I laid it on it's side instead of having it upright. It would accept the disc (sometimes) but it still wouldn't read it...

#5 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

Posted 30 October 2007 - 18:46

Call nintendo and tell them what happens. Nintendo's customer support rocks. They will probably send you a box and ask you to send it back to get fixed.

#6 The Teej

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian

Posted 30 October 2007 - 19:19

Sounds like a slot drive issue then, if that's the case. The owner might of let the wii fall from its vertical position, and if it's on a hard surface (like laminate flooring, wood or metal) it might of jarred the slot loading drive. It's the #1 fear for my Wii, which is why I very rarely move it around, hell, I even hate moving it onto a different floor in my house.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!