Photo

Windows 7 M1 is here...

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#106 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2008 - 15:35

Yeah it be nice if someone would post some pics.

#107 y_notm

y_notm

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2008 - 15:41

Rock on cache! I managed to save his post.

Wow. Sounds incredibly... believable, surprisingly enough.

#108 Nick Sheldon

Nick Sheldon

http://www.nicksheldon.co.uk 1988 - onwards

• Phone: Lumia 800 / Torch 9800

Posted 21 January 2008 - 16:55

lol@ screenshot

'Please What .....'

#109 vettomwarren

tomwarren

The Verge

Posted 21 January 2008 - 16:59

Didn't take long for info to leak...

#110 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

Posted 21 January 2008 - 17:55

Didn't take long for info to leak...

Indeed, didn't take it long at all. Just over a week since it went to OEM's really. One could assume the bits could leak soon as well, but time will tell that tale.

#111 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2008 - 17:59

I cant wait to this gets further along and they start testing it. That will be awhile though i am sure. lets just hope they bring back the testers from vista haha.

#112 Rigby

Rigby

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 January 2008 - 18:04

Yeah, those pictures are embarrassingly fake. The only real pictures I know of right now are of MinWin running (the ASCII startup screen someone asked about earlier). The reason for that is they've stripped the NT kernel to the bone and have it running in text only mode without a GUI. They are going to build from that instead of on top of the previous version like they've been doing for years. That should get rid of a lot of legacy garbage, security problems and other bloat. I'm looking forward to it myself, but I really doubt there's much more to see right now. The user interface is usually the last thing that gets completed.

#113 y_notm

y_notm

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2008 - 19:53

Yeah, those pictures are embarrassingly fake. The only real pictures I know of right now are of MinWin running (the ASCII startup screen someone asked about earlier). The reason for that is they've stripped the NT kernel to the bone and have it running in text only mode without a GUI. They are going to build from that instead of on top of the previous version like they've been doing for years. That should get rid of a lot of legacy garbage, security problems and other bloat. I'm looking forward to it myself, but I really doubt there's much more to see right now. The user interface is usually the last thing that gets completed.

No.

#114 Rigby

Rigby

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2008 - 21:07

No.

No what? No they aren't fake? No they aren't building on a stripped down NT kernel? I know it's hard to type more than one word but give it a try, people might actually be able to understand you. :rolleyes::

#115 notuptome2004

notuptome2004

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2008 - 21:09

[quote name='TRC' date='Jan 21 2008, 21:07' post='589152108']
No what? No they aren't fake? No they aren't building on a stripped down NT kernel? The user interface isn't one of the last parts to be completed? I know it's hard to type more than one word but give it a try, people might actually be able to understand you.
[/quo

i assume your a trek fan so if it is true i wondering what your thoughts are on the next trek film..

oh sorry to stray off topic

#116 Rigby

Rigby

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2008 - 21:12

I'm not really sure yet. I was a little disappointed in them making a prequel and having different actors play the roles, but the teaser looks interesting. I don't have high hopes for it after what they did with Enterprise, but I'll probably go s:) it. :)

#117 OP neowin_34242

neowin_34242

Neowinian

Posted 21 January 2008 - 21:28

Why do you delete that Windows 7 experiences? Nobody will belive you if you start posting stuff about Windows 7, then deleting them. Also, screenshots will help in proving what you say.

pretty much explained at the beginning of this thread. a good one for neobond tho :p.

As for validity, Neobond will have a say...

#118 portos

portos

Neowinian

Posted 21 January 2008 - 22:48

Veritable Fake or not?
Source: http://livebetas.net...em-imagem-fake/

This site announce FAKE.

#119 Rigby

Rigby

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2008 - 23:23

There's no question of it. As others have pointed out, the ridiculous things like Internet Explorer 11, the early Longhorn style icons and interface, etc. Besides everyone should be used to this by now. Every single time a new version
of Windows is announced it's followed by dozens of fake screenshots and videos.

#120 portos

portos

Neowinian

Posted 21 January 2008 - 23:36

I have a friend of MS Portugal I will try to spend a screem tomorrow!
:rolleyes: