The Big Wrestling Thread!

Well, I am sad that Daniel Bryan hangs his boots but it is better. Wrestling may be choregraphed but there have been way too many concussions and broken necks like Edge or Bret Hart to risk another catastrophe. it is better to leave walking out than on a stretcher and end up in long term care.

When I watch NJPW and the Shibata/Goto matches, I still wonder how these two can still walk after.

Speaking of Hart, I am really horrified of all the surgeries he had to endure and I hope his cancer is cured soon

WWE Superstar Titus O’Neil was sent home from last night’s WWE Smackdown tapings shortly after arriving. It’s being said that he has been suspended for unprofessional conduct.

His unprofessional conduct allegedly occurred during the end of the Monday Night RAW taping in Seattle, WA. After RAW had stopped going live on the USA Network the feed kicked over live to the WWE Network to continue coverage of Daniel Bryan’s retirement. During the live streaming WWE Network portion of Bryan’s retirement the WWE locker room came out to greet him at the top of the ramp. Included in the group of Superstars at the top of the ramp was the Chairman of the Board Vince McMahon.

Once Bryan had passed his fellow Superstars at the top of the ramp they began to return to the back. While this was going on Titus O’Neil grabbed Vince by the arm in what is being described as a “playful, physical way.” Vince responded in kind by shoving O’Neil away from him and playfully threw his arms up and laughed at Titus.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/672747-breaking-titus-oneil-suspended-by-wwe-for-unprofessional-conduct-likely-to-miss-wrestlemania-32#D5MSHTDwgeVbSu5u.99

Weird that they'd suspend him for that. Like it says in the article, it was shown in the video they uploaded to YouTube, which I linked to yesterday and is now "private"; they just now uploaded another version with that bit edited out. :wacko:

There were around 4 different articles on Yahoo this morning about Titus O'Neil getting suspended, with one having Batista supposedly saying Titus should have just asked for his walking papers instead of the suspension.

3 hours ago, jamwheat said:

There were around 4 different articles on Yahoo this morning about Titus O'Neil getting suspended, with one having Batista supposedly saying Titus should have just asked for his walking papers instead of the suspension.

Yep, he did.

It's a shame that WWE might not improve until Vince is gone. Sad to say, but looks to be true. I'm not holding out for complete improvement, but it appears that Triple H is in charge of NXT and that's gone down really well with the hardcore fans. The trouble is, with no real competition in sight, they don't have much incentive to improve.

• Like 2

Weird thing about the Titus O'Neil bit:  it seems to be "saturating" the internet news for some reason.  Some comments to those stories are wondering if this will turn into a big Titus push, making him another baby-face against the authority gimmick.  Could be interesting if they do- having O'Neil at ringside, saying he bought a ticket...interrupting McMahon in the ring, etc.   Who knows.

1 minute ago, jamwheat said:

Weird thing about the Titus O'Neil bit:  it seems to be "saturating" the internet news for some reason.  Some comments to those stories are wondering if this will turn into a big Titus push, making him another baby-face against the authority gimmick.  Could be interesting if they do- having O'Neil at ringside, saying he bought a ticket...interrupting McMahon in the ring, etc.   Who knows.

See... my take here is that when else has Vince broken character on screen?  He could quite honestly have shaken it off without notice and carried on walking...

Just heard about this unusual event coming up; wrestling, boxing, MMA, and grappling all in the same show.

Also, so much for that farewell tour Kurt's been doing this year.

Oh, they're also running a mask design contest for Rey Mysterio, so if anyone here's a bit creative, give it a go.

Edited by MightyJordan

SquaredCircleSirens has released a detailed list of names who appeared at a recent WWE tryout camp.

As seen, the names range from independent promotions to MMA and shoot fighting names:

-Cedric Alexander – ROH
-Taynara Melo, Judo black belt
-Deonna Purrazzo – has appeared in TNA, GFW, NXT and More
-Tony Nese – has appeared in EVOLVE, TNA and PWG
-Corey Hollis – NXT
-John Skyler – NXT
-Justin Chavers – stunt actor
-Chris Payne – PWS
-Kamila Turquetti, jiu-jitsu background
-Marcus Pitt
-Bryan Payton
-Jeremy Payton
-Maneey Abrol
-Jose Moreno
-Brennan Williams
-Roy Sims
-Danny Duggan
-Idan Dagan
-David McIntosh
-Kuba Ka
-Noelle Jones
-Mike Fierro
-Mike Parrow 
-Rhett Giddins
-Laura James
-Anne Phung
-Jayme Jameson
-Marja Chow
-Shana Chow
-Jenna Becerra

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/674581-list-of-numerous-independent-talents-at-recent-wwe-tryout-camp-names-from-roh-evolve-pwg-grappling-talents-more

5 hours ago, BiGdUsTy said:

WWE has become a dumpster fire as of late. Big Show and Braun Strowman as the main event on a go home show for a ppv. Who's books this crap?

And making Big Show, Ryback, and Kane look "extremely" wimpy seems par for course with the crap also.

I’m afraid we’ve got some … Bad News. “King” Wade Barrett has given WWE notice that he will not be signing a new contract when his current deal expires in June, according to ProWrestlingSheet.com.

The League of Nations member reportedly told WWE officials that he’s no longer enjoying his role with the company and feels it’s the right time to move on with his career.

Barrett has been a mainstay on WWE television since his NXT debut back in 2010. After winning the first season of NXT and leading the hot Nexus invasion storyline during his rookie year, he’d go on to capture the Intercontinental championship five times.

http://www.sescoops.com/report-wade-barrett-leaving-wwe-soon/