The Big Wrestling Thread!

Sting's train has passed. And its only his fault.

I don't agree; Sting had lots of personal and valid reasons to not join WWE after WCW got away, look at Booker T for example: an amazing wrestler and star in WCW rooster and when he got into WWE he was jobbing for other wrestlers because they were WWE material first. Sting, being one of my favorite wrestlers from all time, did participate in one of the greatest stories in wrestling to this day (nW0 vs WCW) and it's a shame that in the end of his career there's so many combats we won't see him participate (Sean Michaels, HHH, The Rock, Stone Cold, 'Taker, Kane and more).

Also WWE doesn't have much of competition, that's a fact: the indie wrestling scene is pretty small, TNA and others promotions are dying and unless WWE wakes up and build great stories with technical, charismatic characters, it will fade away. Competition is great because it's challenging and provoques risky decisions, not PG crap that we see on TV; i miss the iron man matches, the king of the hill, the great stories that would get me back to the couch to see a new episode each week.

The problem with WWE these days is they have so many hours of programming to put on each week that the quality suffers. They also seem to rush through storylines instead of letting feuds play out over a 6-7 month period.

On the other hand, I do find that WWE has been pretty good lately. Better than it has been in recent times anyway.

• Like 1

They have SO many wrestlers, but it's always just a few that ALWAYS seem to have the stories that change so damned quickly. I don't see the point in all these tag matches - I have zero emotional investment in them. Gone are the days when I was actually "on the edge of my seat" watching the main event in a PPV.

No "We Want Sting" sign meme?

I didn't even spot that. The only signs I noticed on RAW were Emma's #EMMAtaining sign again, and one that reminded me of the Attitude Era: "I traded my sister for RAW tickets". Oh yeah, and the "Your Welcome" sign too.

Best two parts of RAW were hands down the fact that they redid the John Cena vs Randy Orton promo with a new picture of John Cena that isn't horribly touched up but also looks horribly out of place and the other was the girl who has on tv behind the commentators with a kid on her back who had his hand on her boob :p

Hello,

No one wants Sting.

It said that? Seriously? I cant resee it but I would have SWORN it said "We Want Sting" with the W as WWE's network logo...

Hello,

I don't agree; Sting had lots of personal and valid reasons to not join WWE after WCW got away, look at Booker T for example: an amazing wrestler and star in WCW rooster and when he got into WWE he was jobbing for other wrestlers because they were WWE material first. Sting, being one of my favorite wrestlers from all time, did participate in one of the greatest stories in wrestling to this day (nW0 vs WCW) and it's a shame that in the end of his career there's so many combats we won't see him participate (Sean Michaels, HHH, The Rock, Stone Cold, 'Taker, Kane and more).

Sting's reason for not joining the WWE was a Rock and Booker T promo. He felt disrespected that WCW "stars" had to start from the bottom.

The truth is that no superstar (except maybe Hogan, a ex WWF superstar at the time) reached audience like a WWE superstar. And yeah Booker and the rest (Rey) jobbed for a while but look at them now:

Booker (WWE only):

4 time tag champion

2 time gold belt champion

1 IC

3 US

2 Hardcore

1 KOTR

Booker (WCW only):

10 time tag champion

4 time gold belt champion

1 US

6 TV

2 Hardcore

1 KOTR

I dont know about you but he didnt do that bad in the WWE. Its obvious there are WAY better wreslters than him in the WWE and he still was given 2 times the gold belt.

Sting simply knew that he couldnt be the top star competing with Austin, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, etc. so he took the easy way out.....and it made him a hasbeen or a "Pele" like I said a few pages back.

And vs Kane? Lets look at Kane:

1 ECW

12 tag

1 gold belt (because of MITB)

1 wwe (this reign didnt even last 24 hours)

2 IC

1 hardcore

MITB

On paper IDK; It looks like Booker T has had a more successful (or equal) WWE run than Kane who has been there all his life.

I believe that Sting could have been a big success in the WWE as long as he waited his moment.

I didn't even spot that. The only signs I noticed on RAW were Emma's #EMMAtaining sign again, and one that reminded me of the Attitude Era: "I traded my sister for RAW tickets". Oh yeah, and the "Your Welcome" sign too.

I saw it last week and camera focused on it a sec but noone commented anything. This week, Cole commented that she was in NXT. I just see Rappy waiting for her to lock the muta lock on AJ and post thousands of pictures with all angles of it :p

I saw it last week and camera focused on it a sec but noone commented anything. This week, Cole commented that she was in NXT. I just see Rappy waiting for her to lock the muta lock on AJ and post thousands of pictures with all angles of it :p

They did acknowledge Emma last week when she appeared; well, JBL brought her to King and Cole's attention.