Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Beta is confirmed for EU as well? - at least a Dutch site (www.psonly.nl) claims that, they source eurogamer.com for it, but I cannot reach that site

edit; eurogamer.net seems to be an actual site :p but I cannot find the news there

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=93693

Word comes courtesy of a German announcement, which specifies the date and adds that there will be - and we're translating here - a "free accessible beta" for MGO.

I really hope Europe is going to get a PS3/DS3/MGS4 bundle .. but sadly I doubt it. :(

It has been said on some sites that where won't be an PS3 & MGS4 bundle. :(

is it true this is the last game? I heard after this game no more metal gear except online.

Kojima has said that MGS4 will be the last entry in the MGS series, and as such will tie up all the ends in the story.

Kojima has said that MGS4 will be the last entry in the MGS series, and as such will tie up all the ends in the story.

That still didnt answer my question does that mean there be no new metal gear series made?Like Metal Gear 5 be about something totally different a new chapter totally different from the previous metal gears we play.

That still didnt answer my question does that mean there be no new metal gear series made?Like Metal Gear 5 be about something totally different a new chapter totally different from the previous metal gears we play.

No one knows but I doubt it.

I believe MGS was going to conclude earlier, but fans even went as far as sending Kojima death threats so I've heard to carry it on.

MGS4 is the end of MGS as we know it.

A spin off starring Otacon? Maybe, if he doesn't die in MGS4, but, meh, that's not really "MGS".

I have no issues with it ending, MGS4 is going out with a huge bang and it will be awesome.

I remember talks ages ago about devoloping Portable Ops 2 if the 1st Portable Ops sold well. I can't remember if it was confirmed otherwise though.

But yeh, MGS4 will most likely be the last one in chronological order

No one knows but I doubt it.

I believe MGS was going to conclude earlier, but fans even went as far as sending Kojima death threats so I've heard to carry it on.

MGS4 is the end of MGS as we know it.

A spin off starring Otacon? Maybe, if he doesn't die in MGS4, but, meh, that's not really "MGS".

I have no issues with it ending, MGS4 is going out with a huge bang and it will be awesome.

That scary they were sending in letters like that I would never do that.

<h1></h1>

MGS4: Kojima says "50GB BD Not Enough For MGS4"

In an exclusive interview with Hideo Kojima, the creator of Metal Gear Solid series, has made complains about 50GB BD not been sufficient. The Metal Gear Solid producer considers the Blu Ray disc too small and that they had to make compromises in order to put the game on the 50GB BD. According to Hideo, the programmers had to compress some parts in the game to save disc space.

Kojima : I am not satisfied with the quality yet, however...there isn't enough space.

Interviewer: Not enough space..on..Blu-ray..?

Kojima: Yes.(laughs). Not enough space.

RandomBlog(Jpn) Via N4G

Man, that Kojima is nuts, lol.

This game is defiantly looking like it is going to be the longest game in the series, possibly two fold.

Well, if you compress 5.1 audio in a lossless format (they probably won't go for lossy compression I think) - alongside of lots of game itself, I think you can get there indeed.

Well, if you compress 5.1 audio in a lossless format (they probably won't go for lossy compression I think) - alongside of lots of game itself, I think you can get there indeed.

You know what it's going to be, all those HD magazine pictures to distract guards with. :p

So much for DVD's being enough for gaming :p

and no i aint tryin to start a flame war........but games like this and FF just aint gona fit on to one dvd!