Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

IGN PS3 MSG4 PREVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my this game is going to ROCK! :woot: :woot:

How I wish I was one of those testers at the "boot camp".

I'm a sad panda due to the wait ahead....

As I said earlier, there's only so much I can go into right now, but this is the system seller that we've all known Metal Gear Solid 4 was going to be.

:woot:

Also, guys, check out the interview: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/863/863842p1.html

Edited by Audioboxer

2uh70xy.jpg

People are speculating on this being a new location as well (shown towards end of trailer).

Crappy quality snap though.

mbjtxg.jpg

2sab48j.jpg

Hands-On: New hands-on with Metal Gear Solid 4

GamePro gets unprecedented access to one of the biggest games of the year, and guess what? It's spectacular.

The graphics: You thought Gears of War looked amazing? Think again. Metal Gear Solid 4 will blow you away with its ultra-detailed characters and intricate environments, painting some of the most gorgeous graphics seen this side of Crysis. In motion, the graphics look so realistic that your eyes begin to register the visuals as a movie rather than a game. From what we saw, MGS4 puts its 50GB Blu-ray disc to outstanding use.

The guns: The final game will feature over 70 weapons, from lethal assault rifles to silent tranquilizer guns, and you can outfit many of them with scopes, recoil grips, laser sights, flashlights, and more. Collecting enemy weapons will unlock new guns and "Drebin Points" for further customization.

The sound: MGS4 has some of the crispest, clearest sound effects we've ever heard -- the booming gunshots will make your hair stand on end! The Hollywood-style soundtrack is also predictably fantastic, and Snake's raspy voice sounds more desiccated than ever. GamePro editor Sid Shuman went so far as to say that MGS4 has "the best sound I've ever heard in a game."

The story: MGS4 is the darkest Metal Gear game by far: Snake is in terrible physical shape, and the world seems to rest on the brink of self-inflicted annihilation. Though the mood is dark, it's not depressing: you'll find plenty of characters to care about in this war-torn world.

Read the rest: http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps3/games/previews/173848.shtml

Aye, at E 4 All last October. It used a Dualshock 3, too.

WTF do you do?

You attend all the shows.

edit: Scratch that, I visited the links in your sig (Y)

Hehe.

Back on topic, has anyone in the US gotten an online beta disc? Doesn't that start soon? I was gonna pre-order next week when I had more $$.

Where did you ordered from?

game crazy. also, last i heard, gamestops are supposed to be getting the pre-order discs tomorrow or friday.

1UP: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Preview - 'It was truly a surreal, unprecedented experience'

1UP writes: "In March 2008, Konami invited 16 lucky game journalists to its corporate retreat in the sleepy mountain village of Nasu, Japan to play through Hideo Kojima's long awaited PlayStation 3 opus, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Given the intense veil of secrecy that has shrouded the game since its announcement in 2005, this remote setting felt weirdly appropriate: We spent our days soldiering through the game at Konami's onsite office (imagine: a Bond villain's lair crossed with a Zen garden, stocked with an endless supply of canned coffee and whipped cream sandwiches) and retired to the adjacent Konami resort hotel (imagine: The Shining's Overlook, but with relaxing volcanic hot springs in lieu of bloody elevators) to eat, sleep, and babble incoherently about the mind-blowing things we'd seen and done.

Four weeks after I watched its credits roll (well, most of them anyway...some things even we weren't allowed to see), MGS4 still occupies a considerable amount of my mindshare. Trust me, there's a tremendous amount of game to process here...and while the chance to pen a carefully controlled preview on its first hour might seem like an excellent opportunity, it almost feels like a disservice to the title Kojima and Co. have produced. This game deserves a thesis, not a moment-by-moment walkthrough of what you'll be experiencing yourself come June 12. So if you're a MGS fan who's already sold on this game, I suggest avoiding any and all media that drops between now and its launch. The surprises it has in store for you simply shouldn't be spoiled. But if you're still teetering on the edge, wondering if MGS4 is truly worth it...keep reading."

Source: http://n4g.com/ps3/News-130540.aspx

MGS.... never fails to impress (Y)

The surprises it has in store for you simply shouldn't be spoiled.

I swear to god, if anyone on NW doesn't spoiler tag any info that leaks on MGS4, I'll hunt you down and make you eat my fist :p :laugh:

im buying a ps3 just for this game when it comes out.. lol . for real. im crossing over from the green side .. (Xbox 360) over to ps3 .. for this game lol . its going to be crazy !.

Signing out of life at June 12th, will sign in to MGO at maybe... June 14th, but I will have dissapeared for at least two days v_v

and to the guy who said MGS4 will be the game of the century; HELL YEAH!

^

SWEET! Thanks - got my key

Used google translate at some texts to make sure I was at the right place ^^

Everyone who gets a key gets to participate in the beta? or will they randomly pick keys?

^

SWEET! Thanks - got my key

Used google translate at some texts to make sure I was at the right place ^^

Everyone who gets a key gets to participate in the beta? or will they randomly pick keys?

Noob!

I learned Japanese in a day, A DAY! :cool:

Only kidding, but I'm going to look into this as well :yes:

Noob!

I learned Japanese in a day, A DAY! :cool:

Only kidding, but I'm going to look into this as well :yes:

Japanese consists of like 4 alphabets, add on top of that they use 'ours' too - so confusing :D

Id love to learn it some day ^^

Russian too

Japanese consists of like 4 alphabets, add on top of that they use 'ours' too - so confusing :D

Id love to learn it some day ^^

Russian too

I want to learn it in fear of FF13 not getting a worldwide release :(

To be fair, I say that for every FF release though.