Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Discussion Thread

Pfsct, i keep getting

"必要な情報を入力して「次へ進む」ボタンを押してください。

※の項目は必須入力です。

秘密の答えは記号を除いた全角文字32桁以内で入力してください。"

On the last leg of the registration, everything is in lowercase, my password matches, my email matches, my username is 10 letters ... arg!

I followed the guide carefully and my password do consists of numbers and letters.

Edit: Wow, that was stupid, i had to add an extra question mark in the "Secret Question" area :laugh: Got my code (Y)

Edited by MichaelBL

Noob!

I learned Japanese in a day, A DAY! :cool:

Only kidding, but I'm going to look into this as well :yes:

Wow really? Can you be my tutor I have been working on it for years and still suck lol :p.

I hope my local gamestop gets it in soon last time I talked to someone they told me that they wont get it until a week before the game comes out... :| I hope they dont have any idea what they are talking about!

I want to learn it in fear of FF13 not getting a worldwide release :(

To be fair, I say that for every FF release though.

I'd rather learn it so I can make a FF release :)

I hope my local gamestop gets it in soon last time I talked to someone they told me that they wont get it until a week before the game comes out... :| I hope they dont have any idea what they are talking about!

they're clueless. the local gamestops here got their shipments of the saga dvd today, and most gamestops around the US have gotten theirs. others are getting them tomorrow. i suggest giving your gamestop a call to find out if they have it in.

Gotta be honest, not liking that very much.

Looks like an attempt to make him look like plastic on purpose :/

But It's the inside that counts :laugh:

Now the EU one looks awesome!

Oh, also found this over at Kotaku concerning the Beta;

"Konami Insider wrote:

Here's the deal, we're well aware of PS3 owners applying to subscribe to the MGS Online Beta which is currently limited to Japanese PSN account holders (i.e. Japanese residents), anyone subscribing with a PSN id which isn't registered from a Japanese PSN account will not be accepted into the program. However, we're also well aware that a large number of unscrupulous members have signed up for a Japanese PSN as well. Any member who has signed up to the Japanese PSN with fake or invalid details will be flagged at this point and their PSN accounts suspended pending further enquiries, in addition all beta members have to fill out an initial beta slip sent to their registered Japanese address. If they fail to return this beta slip, their access to the beta programme will become suspended.

It is our effort to only offer beta testing to qualified individuals who can offer us quality assurances on the beta versions of any of our software. Members abusing this system will be reported to Sony (worldwide) and it will be our request that such accounts or sub accounts will be banned from participation in ANY beta program in future and in cases where information supplied is fraudulent access to the relevant PSN networks will also be restricted to them."

Europe will get Metal Gear Online beta

Konami has told Eurogamer that it will be announcing its European Metal Gear Online beta plans "shortly".

Its comments follow (at a safe and undetectable distance) word earlier that sign-ups to the MGO beta in Japan appear to be inaccessible to those of us with Western-originating IP addresses.

The full game is due out around the world alongside Metal Gear Solid 4 on 12th June, so Konami had better get its skates on.

Pop over to our Metal Gear Online first impressions to lift the veil from the face of comprehension.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=131231

Metal Gear Solid 4 Final US Box Art From Konami and Details (Limited and Standard Editions)

mgs4_finalart.jpg

The final US box art for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has been released by Konami.

See the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition box art here ($84.99 MSRP)

Featuring collectible packaging with exclusive artwork by famed Kojima Productions illustrator Yoji Shinkawa, the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition will contain everything that is included with the Standard Edition as well as an additional Blu-ray disc featuring two "making of" documentaries. The documentaries will include extensive interviews with Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Soundtrack CD. The Limited Edition will be available exclusively at GameStop (here).

See the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Standard Edition box art here ($59.99 MSRP)

See the PLAYSTATION 3 system bundle box art here.

Read more details on the two Metal Gear Solid 4 editions from Konami and the pre-order bonus below.

KONAMI ANNOUNCES IMPORTANT

PRODUCT DETAILS AND PRICING FOR

METAL GEAR SOLID? 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS STANDARD AND LIMITED EDITIONS

El Segundo, Calif. April 10, 2008 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced today that the limited edition of the highly-anticipated release of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PLAYSTATION?3 computer entertainment system will be available in North America on June 12 exclusively at GameStop, the world's largest video game and entertainment software retailer. Additionally, Konami has revealed pricing and the first images of the final packaging for both the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Standard Edition and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition.

ABOUT METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS STANDARD EDITION

Marking the return of Hideo Kojima's legendary tactical espionage action series, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots features a cinematic experience and visual masterpiece that will redefine this landmark franchise as a revolutionary game for the PLAYSTATION?3 system. The game is the final chapter in the saga of Solid Snake which sends him around the world in pursuit of his arch nemesis, Liquid Ocelot. Armed with new gadgets and abilities, Solid Snake must shift the tides of war into his favor, using the chaos of the battlefield to infiltrate deep into enemy territory. In his globetrotting final mission, Snake must sneak deep into enemy locations in the Middle East, South America, and other corners of the earth to foil Liquid Ocelot's. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots includes Metal Gear Online "Starter Pack", which is the full and complete multiplayer component of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Standard Edition will be priced at $59.99 SRP.

ABOUT METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS LIMITED EDITION

Featuring collectible packaging with exclusive artwork by famed Kojima Productions illustrator Yoji Shinkawa, the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition will contain everything that is included with the Standard Edition as well as an additional Blu-ray disc featuring two "making of" documentaries. The documentaries will include extensive interviews with Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Soundtrack CD. The Limited Edition will be available exclusively at GameStop.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition will be priced at $84.99 SRP.

ABOUT METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS PRE-SELL PROGRAM

A special pre-sale program of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will be offered at participating retailers. This pre-sell entitles customers that pre-order either edition, a copy of the Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 DVD (while supplies last). Featuring extensive original video content the DVD primarily focuses on the interconnected history between all of the "Snakes": Big Boss (Naked Snake), Liquid Snake, Solidus Snake, and of course, Solid Snake. The DVD also contains a compendium of the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots trailers. Additionally, each DVD allocated during this pre-order period will contain a unique voucher code that will enable the consumer to download the Metal Gear Online Beta. The download of the Beta will be available from April 17th to May 5th and the gameplay will be available from April 21st to May 5th.

"As the most anticipated game to be released for the PLAYSTATION?3 system this year, we wanted to make sure that no fan of Metal Gear Solid would be disappointed with the amount of content and gameplay at their disposal," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

Source: http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/3841/2/

I hope you can get the LE off the shelves as im in America when it's relea:od :o (I don't get to play MGS4 till im home on the 1:(h :()

What I might do is try to go into a game store when I arrive (on the 3rd), and pre-order the LE edition!

LE boxart >>>>>> Standard boxart

Good thing I reserved the LE the box art looks waaaay better. Am I the only one who was a little disappointed that the Saga 2.0 thing was a DVD instead of a Blu-ray? I wanted to see all those trailers and what not in HD!

^

You guys get BOTH bundles :|

This one,

2401726269_cac26b7bcd.jpg

Again, hot off the presses, a never before seen box! Of note, for the first time ever, the PS3 will be packaged in a white box as opposed to the typical black one, and of course, is also branded with MGS4 goodness! Inside you will find the 80GB PLAYSTATION 3 package (yes, the 80GB PS3 has been resurrected for this bundle), and will include a PS3 DualShock 3 controller - yes, the PS3 controller that rumbles, and the MGS4 SE (detailed above).

and this one (no hardware box for this one yet)

2401724641_c9bbdc8b62.jpg

Sorry, no box reveal this time (we have to keep some surprises :-) )! We are confirming that there will be a North America offering of this VERY, VERY Limited Edition bundle! This is the “gunmetal grey” PS3 – the one seen selling out in a matter of moments in Japan at the KonamiStyle web store. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting product!

Megaton of sales incoming! :woot:

It's also an 80GB so BC intact!

Edited by Audioboxer