Intel Processors Overclock Database

I'd Figure I would include my systems. Only did one for now.

Cpu: Intel Xeon X3350 2.66ghz @ 3.20ghz

Stepping: 7

Code: L804B452

Pack Date: 04/03/08

Version #: E346369-001 1.25V max

Cooling: Stock Cooling

FSB: 400mhz Stock

Memory: DDR2 OCZ Reaper 1066mhz 2.1v Edition 2x 1Gig sticks running at 2.0v

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP35-DS3R Rev2.1 Bios: F3e Beta

Northbridge/Southbridge: Stock Heatsyncs

Heres the screenshot. I havent ran orthos at all since the overclock. I know it's stable it does 1080p raw video playback and editing. Plays Mass Effect for 27 hours. Long weekend run lmao.

post-113089-1215819202_thumb.png

@ Malbojia If you could provide the model # of your RAM that would be just perfect :)

@ evm You need to provide more information. Take a look at the first post. :)

Updated as of July 11th @ 11:37PM

Changes: Added Malbojia's info.

Edited by shift.

ughhh can't find edit button

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad Q9300 @ 2.50Ghz (Overclocked to 3.5Ghz)

Stepping: 07

Pack Date: 05/08/08

Version #: E34794-001 1.25V Max

Cooling: Air Cooling (Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX)

FSB: overclocked to 1866.7 Mhz

Memory: Corsair DDR2 XMS2 overclocked to 1000mhz (4gb at 5-5-5-12)

Motherboard: EVGA Nvidia 780i

Northbridge/Southbridge: Stock Cooling

OS: Windows Vista Ultimate w/ SP1 x86 (x64 so unstable)

post-235159-1215871029_thumb.jpg

evm your voltage aint safe to be running that high. I've read 3 people where they pushed it to 1.35 volts and fried their cpu's. Your also close to the frying point. Also saw reports of people going over 1.45v and cpu dies with-in a week.

Q9300 @ 3.4Ghz 1.224v load| Asus P5K3 Del. P35 is the average on xtremesystems.

evm your voltage aint safe to be running that high. I've read 3 people where they pushed it to 1.35 volts and fried their cpu's. Your also close to the frying point. Also saw reports of people going over 1.45v and cpu dies with-in a week.

Q9300 @ 3.4Ghz 1.224v load| Asus P5K3 Del. P35 is the average on xtremesystems.

i bet the fried it cause of heat 45nm like Q9300 max safe volt is 1.45 provided that you have high-ended cooling (his Big Typhoon VX is fine )

Higher voltage = higher temperatures

Therefore you want as low voltage as possible, with max FSB. At one stage, you'll get to a point where you have to raise voltage by like 0.05V just to get a 50MHz overclock, that's when you've probably hit your max and should search for better cooling.

@ evm I'd say 1.40 is still really high voltage, I would go with around 1.2 and see if your system is stable at that level, if not then go next level up. I doubt you would need any higher than 1.3v

As well I'm not quite sure what your RAM timings are? A screenshot of the memory tab as well would be ideal.

You forgot to include your BIOS version as well. If you could add that that would be great.

Edited by shift.

1.4v is fine, anything about that isnt too healthy on air, but 1.55 is safe for watercooling.

1.4v is fine for the 65nm quads. The 45nm quads are much more voltage sensitive. Pumping 1.4v through them is completely different.

Not to mention a lot of people have been able to attain high clocks with stock voltages (which is NOT 1.4v)

Even on a 65nm Quad I wouldn't use 1.4v.

thats personal taste then, its really hard to kill a chip these days. say the lifespan of a chip is 10 years, pumping 1.4 even 1.5 maybe drops that 2-3 years, by then youve upgraded anyways.

Edit: You cant give advice on what YOU would do, some people are different and more extreme than others, you give advice on whats POSSIBLE.

Edited by Circaflex

And it's possible to do higher clock with lower voltage, why wouldn't you do it ;)

No one's stopping you from pumping 1.5v into your processor. You just don't necessarily need to.

It isn't really about whether or not you'll kill a chip. But as an enthusiast it's nice to "brag" or boast about having a low Vcore and a stable but high overclock. That's the purpose of this database really, to compare FSB and Vcores across various chipsets to see how high / low they are and to give advice based on that information.

I saw a guy on [H] who pumped 1.8-1.9v into his E7200 and OC'd it to 4-4.5GHz his died within 6 months too. :p

EDIT: Okay it wasn't [H] it was techPowerup! Forums. But here's the image...1.744v E7200 @5GHz, apparently died in less than a month. Not half a year like I previously said.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/icon22976/superpi.jpg

:rofl:

Edited by shift.

I wasn't disagreeing either.

Granted you have adequate cooling it shouldn't be a problem. It would be an awful waste of voltage if one were to use 1.4/1.5v and only OC to 3.0GHz. :p

haha yea i agree, i also have to say if say 1.2/1.3 is 3.5 stable and in order to get 3.6 you need 1.5 it just isnt worth it ;) finally were on the same page (Y) :yes: :D

At last.

But really, in a lot of cases, once you reach a certain point it takes like almost 0.1v to get a 75-100MHz overclock. It just doesn't make sense to go any further at that point.

Speaking of which you should post your overclock (using the format of course)

• 4 weeks later...

post-56214-1218825195_thumb.png

Can't get any higher, even 406 FSB results in Orthos crashing after four hours. :/ Don't feel like pushing the vcore up much beyond what I have now because I need it for 24/7 use for at least the next two years. Was going to try bumping the FSB way up and dropping the multi to 9 (as I've heard some boards don't play nice with the .5), however NB is running rather warm and being in an SFF there isn't much I can do about it. I don't have a really good position for mounting active cooling and my HR-05 doesn't fit -_-. Going to try pushing some more once I get to school or in the winter when it's cooler.