That isn't my problem either, my problem is people stop playing offensively entirely and go like 90% defense. You don't have a shot at winning if both teams do that. It almost always ends in Stalemate.

True, it's an acquired taste, but it can really make for some epic matches. I've played a few CTF games on 2fort without a match timer (just score count) that were pretty awesome. They can last an hour or two, but they've great fun :)

Most matches I see it's about 70-30 offense-defense, but yes, there are some annoying times when a team will just decide to go all defense.

Do you guys usually play on the standard 16 player server or the 32 variants.. i played on 32 servers for a while but the whole synergy of the game is destroyed with that many people, i started to enjoy TF2 less, the game nor the maps were designed to be played with that many people.

I play on the Multiplay UK servers, which if I'm not mistaken are all 32 player limit servers. I really should install the game again and play more than 2Fort though. If anything just to get more of my moneys worth.

That isn't my problem either, my problem is people stop playing offensively entirely and go like 90% defense. You don't have a shot at winning if both teams do that. It almost always ends in Stalemate.

In most of the games I played, that usually doesn't happen. When the server's full everyone does something - either it's scouts and spies harassing the intel room, engineers setting up shop in the courtyard, lower entrance room, sometimes the bridge, and especially the enemy's lower sewer room, etc.

Do you guys usually play on the standard 16 player server or the 32 variants.. i played on 32 servers for a while but the whole synergy of the game is destroyed with that many people, i started to enjoy TF2 less, the game nor the maps were designed to be played with that many people.

32 player servers. Currently my most frequently visited 2fort servers are 5e's.

For $20, TF2 is really worth it. I don't think, for the money, there could be a better game.

Definitely, I just mean I haven't made the most of it myself by only playing 2Fort, although I've had an awesome time just playing it at the same time :p

That was a mouthful lol

Can you guys play as a spy on 32 player servers??? Im usually a good spy on smaller server, but with 32 players it becomes really hard, there someone everywhere...

Can you guys play as a spy on 32 player servers??? Im usually a good spy on smaller server, but with 32 players it becomes really hard, there someone everywhere...

32 player servers are "unsupported" by Valve, TF2 was and is designed for 24 slots max but Valve allows you to choose the settings via ConVars or hack the server client as you wish.

I can't stand larger servers, which is why i run my own 14 and 10 slot servers.

Coincidentally has anyone tried playing the lastest ctf_well? It's a much better map than 2fort now in my opinion.

My boss plays a spy a lot on Jiggly's 32 player server very well too.

My only main gripe about TF2 is the respawn delays. What were they thinking with it? I've never played a game that had the default spawn delays so damn long!

Luckily for me, there are a few servers that have that modded. Unfortunately, there aren't that many, and I fear as the game ages, there will be less and less.

My only main gripe about TF2 is the respawn delays. What were they thinking with it? I've never played a game that had the default spawn delays so damn long!

Luckily for me, there are a few servers that have that modded. Unfortunately, there aren't that many, and I fear as the game ages, there will be less and less.

On servers that provide fast respawn, the defenders win most of the time. The normal delays are short for the attackers and long for the defenders, which helps the attacking achieve a successful push on the enemy base - when a red player is down, he's down for a while. But when you cut on the respawn time, that advantage is lost for the blue team, which attempts now fail most of the time.

I tend to suck and get killed frequently, so naturally I prefer instant respawn servers. :)

I tend to suck and get killed frequently, so naturally I prefer instant respawn servers. :)

I get a killed a lot because I sacrifice myself for the greater good! One time, in Turbine the intelligence was practically at their door and we were tied at 2-2 so I went kamikaze with my Pyro to disrupt them. Needless to say, the intelligence returned and I died :laugh: .

I'm still learning a lot but so far I am improving.

Scirwode

I get a killed a lot because I sacrifice myself for the greater good! One time, in Turbine the intelligence was practically at their door and we were tied at 2-2 so I went kamikaze with my Pyro to disrupt them. Needless to say, the intelligence returned and I died laugh.gif .

... that, plus going as Scout and just touching the intel to reset its timer right before a sentry, heavy, or demoman rips you apart. That buys your team enough time to wait for a medic-uber pair to clear out the defense.

Plenty of reasons in CTF maps to give yourself up. :D

... that, plus going as Scout and just touching the intel to reset its timer right before a sentry, heavy, or demoman rips you apart. That buys your team enough time to wait for a medic-uber pair to clear out the defense.

Plenty of reasons in CTF maps to give yourself up. :D

I concur :laugh: . However, I still hate the fact that in those maps, most of the engineers quickly set up a sentry first instead of a teleport. And when you lose a check point, they quickly go into defensive mode instead of trying to push forward.

Scirwode

My favourite maps would be dustbowl, 2fort and goldrush.

My main problem with CTF is when everybody goes offence ("Oh look, the same spy captured our intel 3 times in a row!").

And I don't like instant respawn servers because they change how you play (From what I've seen, the better you're playing, the shorter your respawn time, if you run right out and get killed, you take longer to respawn than somebody who plans it)

Incoming Heavy!

We've been a little quiet for the last week as we've put the finishing touches on the Heavy update. We thought the Pyro pack was the biggest we'd be doing for a while, due to the large changes to the Pyro, but the Heavy update has turned out to be even bigger. In addition to the three unlockable weapons and thirty-five achievements for the Heavy, we've got a new game mode with five new maps for it, a new Payload map focusing on more open spaces than Goldrush, and another popular community-made map. Throughout the rest of the week we'll be giving you the details on all this, and if all goes well, you'll have your hands on it shortly afterwards.

The community-made map included in the Heavy update is cp_steel, by Jamie 'Fishbus' Manson. After the Pyro update we received a lot of email telling us how wrong we were in our choices, and cp_steel was an easy next choice due to the way it dominated the suggestions. If you're firing up your email right now to tell us that we never get anything right, please include suggestions of what map(s) we should be looking at next.

We'll be updating A Heavy Update site with more info daily. Stay tuned!