I can't wait to see the other maps and the other unlockables :) Kind of curious as to what they are.

The community map is CP_Steel. I haven't played this one, but the style is pretty cool. You when you cap the points, pathways open up. It's kinda like a cross of Hydro and Dustbowl. There are multiple path ways to each point. Check it here: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/54183

Notice however when talking about the new gamemode, then mentioned "5 new arenas", not maps.

We'll probably find out tonight i wager.

All i want is my Sandvich unlockable though. :p

valve is so AWESOME. assuming they are going to add unlockables for all classes tf2 is going to turn out being the best value game of all time. we really are getting a LOT of extras :D

yea game modes for free!! what more can we ask for ;)

Fix the face stabs!

That ****es me so off. The worst is when I was face to face with a spy and it registered as a back stab.

Anyone else notice in the below screenshot of the new map that the spy is fully uncloaked and not disguised, yet the sentry isn't shooting at him :laugh: Nice little mistake there...

nv79km.jpg

Look at the top of the screenshot, in the center, there's a spy. :laugh:

Anyone else notice in the below screenshot of the new map that the spy is fully uncloaked and not disguised, yet the sentry isn't shooting at him :laugh: Nice little mistake there...

nv79km.jpg

haha good catch, this was probably done with static actors for marketing.. whoever did it either didnt think of that or hasnt played the game enough...

nv79km.jpg

It could be because the Spy had only just broken cover from that air conditioner unit and the sentry hasn't had time to react/fully rotate.

Saying all that however, it isn't shooting at the demoman either.

I don't think it can see the demoman, since he is behind the bomb.

You mean the cart. :)

That spy was obviously put there to make the picture better, the first red line holding the enemies while they are being infiltrated by enemy spies.

A Heavy Update: Natascha

2ahb7h2.jpg

The second unlockable for the Heavy, Natascha allows the Heavy to slow enemies with her bullets. Enemies taking damage from her will find themselves moving slower for an instant, encouraging them to find cover or deal with the Heavy. Unfortunately, her firepower is somewhat weaker than that of Sasha, so the Heavy will find it takes longer to finish them off. As a result, Natascha's great to use against those that want to get away, like Scouts & Medics, and not so great against those trying to kill you. Heavies that like to jump around corners to surprise groups of enemies will also find it very useful, although it's best to make sure there isn't a Sasha-wielding Heavy there.

As long as you keep your distance, that new gun will be pretty ineffective. For scouts, just keep the erratic movements and use a little Bat Magic! Bonk!

As long as you keep your distance, that new gun will be pretty ineffective. For scouts, just keep the erratic movements and use a little Bat Magic! Bonk!

I wouldn't be too sure, i think one of the general ideas of this is to stop scouts circle-strafing.

I wonder what the shotgun replacement is now... hmmm....

These seem interesting. Not sure if they'll really change the gameplay any, though.

Good. That's the idea.

No, that's not really the idea. They've said all along that the whole purpose of these unlockables are to change the gameplay and enhance it giving more combinations and different tactics.

No, that's not really the idea. They've said all along that the whole purpose of these unlockables are to change the gameplay and enhance it giving more combinations and different tactics.

You don't think that the Backburner didn't change the game? Before they took the 50+HP away, I think it made a huge difference. I was getting way more kills than before with the Flamethrower. The Pyro was very powerful, to powerful, with the Backburner. Now of course that doesn't matter. But I think it did make teams change their tactics if the opposing team had a large number of Pyros.

But, to that point, I think Valve may have realized this and thus is the reason they're creating this new environment. Obviously we don't know what it is exactly yet, but weather would definitely be something cool and dynamic that adds to the complexity of playing against your opponent. Something that can benefit both teams and hurt both teams.