Although this add-ons are great and give the game more life, I can't help but think that it affects the game in other ways. Most servers seems to be 75% pyro with a few medics for good measure. When the heavy update comes out, you can guess what the servers will be like then.

Don't think this has been posted here before. I couldn't see it anyway. It's a funny TF2 video! :D

Clicky

Stuff like that just shows that a fan created Red vs. Blu series would be popular if done right.

Although this add-ons are great and give the game more life, I can't help but think that it affects the game in other ways. Most servers seems to be 75% pyro with a few medics for good measure. When the heavy update comes out, you can guess what the servers will be like then.

And then there will be me, at the other end of the map, with a sniper rifle :)

And me with the backburner, oh how I love waiting for heavies to spunk their uber and then get them and the medic... makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Especially when they've just took out loads of guys, two lvl3 sentries dispensers and all are are running down to the intel.

Oh joyful moments.

I'm hungry for a sandvitch, I think I'll make one for lunch tuesday

Damn you, now I want a sandvitch :p .

Scirwode

Don't touch sandvich. >:(

Lumberyard looks awesome, i can't wait for some official Payload and A/D maps using this new theme.

I wish Valve would make a SP game based on the TF2-Universe, the art style would fit with a darker-humor type storyline game in my opinion.

Lumberyard looks awesome, i can't wait for some official Payload and A/D maps using this new theme.

QFT (Y) The game really needs more colours like this, it freshens it up a whole lot.

I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy the arena mode. It is basically Sudden Death for the entire game. I never cared for Deathmatch or Sudden Death myself. But I really do like the look of Lumberyard though. I'll certainly be giving it a shot.

Arena = team deathmatch + sudden death + capture point.

I probably won't be playing it much, but I love the new Alpine style, Can't wait for some nice maps in that style.

i think the new 3 v 3 arena will be good, but harder to play random games, might be good if they introduce like a 24 man server say, with 3 man teams either randomly or pre-set so once one match finishes, new teams go in to play.

im betting on pyro - medic - sold/demo being the winning combo :)

Why does it take so long to connect to a server in TF2, you have like a damn good minute or more.

What kind of system specs do you have?

I built a new computer in April and I noticed a huge jump. I was usually last in, now i'm always first. I think the hard drive speed can be a deciding factor. My old computer had IDE drives and my new one has SATA drives. I also have a Core 2 and 4GB of ram, but yea.

I have a feeling that in Arena some wiseass team will go all Snipers and own the other team in a few seconds. :pinch:

I have a feeling that in Arena some wiseass team will go all Snipers and own the other team in a few seconds. :pinch:

Let me at them, if you have a decent enough team, that would be a breeze. Besides, not every person who plays sniper always hits in one shot. That snipe team could be bounced handily, especially if there is any form of cover. Open areas, now that may be a different story.

I have an Athlon X2 64 4400+ and a 10K RPM hard drive and it still takes me a while to get connected to a TF2 server. Of course, mine could be caused by the horrible connect Verizon provides my area of the country. Some days I can download a file like it nothing and then the next it takes forever.

this may have been asked already but when exactly is this update coming out? I heard it's today but that'll be West Coast Time so it cud be quite late.

For those with the slow load times, have you tried defragging your gcf files?

http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=26

There is a defrag tool built into the Steam client, but this program will actually help some. Some of the files are big, so it may take awhile. Give it a shot, it maybe give you some improvement.

For those with the slow load times, have you tried defragging your gcf files?

http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=26

There is a defrag tool built into the Steam client, but this program will actually help some. Some of the files are big, so it may take awhile. Give it a shot, it maybe give you some improvement.

Use the built-in defrag, since they added the inter-file defrag too there has been no need to use GCFScapes'.

Phenom 9850 and a 7200rpm Seagate drive here and TF2 takes no time to load, saying that however i believe that amount of RAM is the deciding factor. (I have 4GB)