[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

it look like we will have to wait some times

Zraki battle would be at dec 23

Actually Ulquiorra says that Ichigo's reiatsu is constantly changing and when Ichigo is at his highest he out powers Ulquiorra's highest. Again don't know if its true, my friend who reads the manga avidly had told me a while ago :)

Just some other info from the manga Ichigo and Ulquiorra are just about to face off, Ulquiorra is just about to use his sword but they cut it (They go onto the captains' battle).

ok

that sounds good

seriously ishigo should learn to use Cero lol

Ichigo doesnt need cero. He has his own energy blast from his sword which seems to be just as destructive. And so far, every time Ichigo has faced a Arancarr, its basically been after hes faced someone else. So really he hasnt been able to rest and regain his strength.

Ha, i totally forgot about Ichigo in Hueco Mundo on the manga. This captain battle has been raging on for so long now it seems.

I always wanted Ichigo to get Cero as well hehe

He doesn't really need it, but it looks like it takes so much less energy that getsuga tenshou.

Anyone love it when Ulquiorra blasted a green Cero out of his finger? (Y)

ya, was awesome to see.

Ok, heres a good question we will all have to face. Where can this series go after Aizen? Naruto has many different story lines with different powerful people. But in the bleach world, we really are not made aware of any extraordinary people, unless its stupid filler. So what could be left for Ichigo and SS after Aizen is taken care of?

I'm thinking there may be more of a spin off, with showing the captains and their struggles or something along that line, But would really like bleach to keep going. Of course, I would hate to have Bleach turn into a DBZ with just more and more powerful people showing up, and Ichigo just keeps learning stronger forms.

Nice thread Shakey! I agree with you. The battle of the captains is taking a loooong time with no real results. And goddamn it someone must die in these type of epic battles. Your thoughts people?

Bleach hasn't been the type of manga to just up and kill a character off. Not like Naruto. So its hard seeing anyone that we know of really die. Of course, I would like to see someone go by now. Maybe Kira, or one of the other sort of non important people. I wouldnt be so mad now if maybe Chad went either. But I do agree, we need some death to come along to the allies. Something to really get them pumped.

Anyone love it when Ulquiorra blasted a green Cero out of his finger? (Y)

:yes:

I would venture a guess that Ichigo is as powerful as, if not more powerful than the 4th Espada Ulquiorra.

In their first real battle, Ichigo lost to Ulquorria. Presently, however, Ichigo is still fighting Ulquorria at the moment (last seen in chapters 317-318). So, I'm pretty sure for the plot to move forward, Ichigo will be have to be victorious in this battle. So, I agree with you.

We all know that Ichigo gets stronger by each fight he puts himself in and thus far, from all that fighting in Hueco Mundo, it has trained him significantly...

Hmmm...After Aziens' arc. I really can't imagine anything. But I can see Aizen not loosing or winning in this current arc, then all the Shinigami will gather in Soul Society and talk about the past and their connections and so on. Like Ichigos' father and the Vizards.

There is a ton of past history they could bring up. Which I guess can bring up more powerful people that may have just been forgotten about due to thousands of years passing. Never thought about an ending though where Aizen wasnt defeated... so that could bring up more story as well.

I don't think Aizen will be defeated, they don't really have any other storylines to go on if they did end up defeating him. As shakey was saying, they could spin off on different squads in Soul Society, but after a while they would get boring I think. As long as there are fans for Bleach, they'll continue to come up with more episodes, I just hope they are as good as they are now.

One thing about Naruto that I do like more is that they'll kill characters off. When Asuma died I couldn't believe it! Then again some pretty big characters in Naruto have been killed off, I wish Bleach would do the same, but I guess it's not their style.

As for the current battles going on, why doesn't Inoue just heal Ichigo while Kenpachi is fighting Nnoitra? Then he could at least leave the battle and help someone else, I have a feeling that Szayel is going to be tough to bring down. She would probably need a while to heal him though.

There could be all kinds of storylines dealing with the land of hallows and different places in soul society. Lots of different places they could take it. I'm of the opinion that I would actually like to see Bleach end at some point...I don't want it to be like One Piece, the show that claims to be the never ending adventure... or like Dragonball Z or whatever. 600 and some odd episodes into it and nothing has really happened at all.

I'd rather keep watching it than not lol

Maybe some animes aren't meant to end ;)

btw, is One Piece any good? I downloaded up to ep 300.. What's it about for anyone who's seen it?

Episode 197 has an trailer for the new Bleach film coming out this month in the OP/ED themes, Ichigo is going all out against everyone - Awesome! (could possibly be better than "The DiamondDust Rebellion" - loads of Bankai's about and you see Kisuke Urahara in a captain's outfit! :o).

The episode itself had focus on Byakuya vs. Leroux (Bankai at the end!) and Kenpachi vs. Noitora just like the manga (this fight was more intense even though it was short), which was great since there were no fillers (Y)

Definitely think the way Byakuya is animated has changed.

Roll on next week! :D

Radish?

Sick man that's good news!

I loved the DiamondDust Rebellion! Didn't we see a preview for the new Bleach movie a while ago? I have a feeling it's not coming out for a long time though. Probably 2009 some time at the very least.

I'll watch 197 later tonight, thanks for the spoiler tags Radish (Y)

Anyone know what's going on with them and Naruto right now? I heard that DB are dropping it, I wonder why?

I hope it's not changing over to streamed video, personally I hate streaming video.

post edited, Neowin guidelines

Edited by Matrix XII

I take it all of you download from dattebayo?

Anyone know what's going on with them and Naruto right now? I heard that they are no longer fansubbing it, I wonder why?

I hope it's not changing over to streamed video, personally I hate streaming video. I'd rather download the torrent and watch in better quality.

Doesn't really matter, tbh. Someone else will take their place. Supple and Demand principle.

True, but do you (or anyone else) know exactly what's going on there?

As I said before, I hope it's not streamed only :(

True, but do you (or anyone else) know exactly what's going on there?

As I said before, I hope it's not streamed only :(

because of this....

First of all, we?d like to clarify a few things. TV Tokyo has announced that it will begin streaming English subtitled Naruto Shippuuden via Crunchyroll approximately one hour after it airs in Japan (that would be sometime early Thursday morning EST) on January 8, 2009. This service will not be free, but will most likely require a subscription or a small fee per episode. According to ANN, this service will be ?worldwide?. After a week, the episodes will be available for free. (Read more here.)

Viz Media has also announced that it will begin streaming free English subtitled Naruto Shippuuden episodes a week after airing via their official site Naruto.com as well as the services Joost and Hulu. This will begin January 15, 2009. These episodes will be free. In order to get viewers ?caught up? to the current episode, Viz will be releasing 8 Naruto Shippuuden episodes, starting with episode 1, every Friday starting on January 2, 2009 via the aforementioned services. (Read more here).

... from DB site.

A WEEK after?

omg, that's not good news.

I wonder how much it will cost to sub, which I probably wont though.

That really sucks :(

Thanks for digging that up Neptune

I'd rather keep watching it than not lol

Maybe some animes aren't meant to end ;)

btw, is One Piece any good? I downloaded up to ep 300.. What's it about for anyone who's seen it?

Not to derail the thread, but One Piece is okay...only when they get to the boss fights, imo. The animation for the show has always been very top notch though. The major boss fights happen about every 50-60 episodes, so you have to go through a lot of not so interesting episodes before you get to the good stuff. That's not to say it's bad, I guess it's the same as any other anime though. You'll just have to watch for yourself to find out. I watched 300~ish episodes and I had to give up for a while. The story is built in such a way that unlike Bleach or Naruto there is absolutely no possible end in sight.

The story is built in such a way that unlike Bleach or Naruto there is absolutely no possible end in sight.

Wrong. The goal is to become a Pirate King and find One Piece. Been stated numerous times at the being of each episode of One Piece.

@Matrix XII

I usually download the episodes every month or two in a batch and then watch it. But, I read the manga when its out and translated at MangaShare.

So far, there is going to be some huge fights coming up. Luffy is one his way to save his brother while all the World Government and Shichibukai are guarding him. Meanwhile, Whitebeard pirates and StrawHat pirates are preparing for war.

Wrong. The goal is to become a Pirate King and find One Piece. Been stated numerous times at the being of each episode of One Piece.

@Matrix XII

I usually download the episodes every month or two in a batch and then watch it. But, I read the manga when its out and translated at MangaShare.

So far, there is going to be some huge fights coming up. Luffy is one his way to save his brother while all the World Government and Shichibukai are guarding him. Meanwhile, Whitebeard pirates and StrawHat pirates are preparing for war.

Yes, that's true, but they've also said just as many times that no one knows where and what the One Piece even is. All the yknow is that it's at the end Grand Land and only the Pirate King has ever been there.. so they can just keep on creating endless new story arcs. I'm not saying that's bad or anything, it's just how the show/manga is created.