[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

I started One Piece last night, watched 6 or so, I can see myself getting into it :p

It's good, but after watching 300+ straight episodes of it you realize there is a lot of "fluff" in the show to drag it out more and more. Now, I haven't read the manga so I don't know if there is filler story arcs in it like there is for Naruto and Bleach, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It's why there is so much unneeded boring parts and as was mentioned earlier nearly a 5 minute recap at the start of every single episode. By the time you count out the 2-3 minutes for the opening and ending credits and the recap you're left with not very much show to watch..and that's not to mention the other recaps that they actually have during the show as well. Thinking back to something that happened 2 minutes ago..

Yeah there will probably be a lot of dragging it out, but I don't mind that, as I've said earlier I watched all the Naruto filler, so I think I should be okay for One Piece :p

I can see there are going to be some big battles coming up which is what I want. I've been watching story driven anime lately, I need some good fighting lol

How do I change the Title of the topic? I would if I knew how.

Edit the first post in the thread.

Radish?

Alright everybody, Bleach comes out tonight, ready for some epic battles? hehe

I wonder who's fight they are going to focus on tonight, my money would be Kenpachi's. I have a feeling a certain eyepatch is coming off at some point during the battle, it would be cool if we could see a technique that Kenpachi hasn't used before. Then again, he's basically brute strength :p

On another note, I'm on ep 13 of One Piece already, I'm starting to find out why there are 389 eps, they are totally sidetracked from their main quest already lol.. It's a show that's basically one long adventure, unless I'm mistaken. I was looking for an anime to watch like that, I bet it wont take me too long to catch up to current.

Tonight will finish off the first fight we saw most of last episode, then we will get hopefully the full fight of the 2 science guys. If not, it will end at a part im sure will just **** me off. Tonights fight is the one ive been looking forward to seeing in animation for quite some time. The Superhuman poison :)

Tonight will finish off the first fight we saw most of last episode, then we will get hopefully the full fight of the 2 science guys. If not, it will end at a part im sure will just **** me off. Tonights fight is the one ive been looking forward to seeing in animation for quite some time. The Superhuman poison :)

well the 198 title "The Two Scientists, Mayuri's Trap"

i h8 to spoil it but it look like the battle well take two EP s' then jump into ep Zaraki fight

Best Ending segment ever! sniped

i lol'ed

I wonder who's fight they are going to focus on tonight, my money would be Kenpachi's. I have a feeling a certain eyepatch is coming off at some point during the battle, it would be cool if we could see a technique that Kenpachi hasn't used before. Then again, he's basically brute strength :p

Kenpachi will use kendo because of the injuries he has in battle. If you haven't read the manga already.

Radish?

I haven't read any of the manga actually, I really only watch anime.

Perhaps one day I'll get into it, I heard 'Berserk' has a good manga, a couple of my friends had read it.

Mayuri's fight will be interesting, I wonder what he has up his sleeve..

Man, the first 7 minutes of episode 198 was a recap of the last episode! :pinch:

Half the episode itself was about Byakuya's fight, the last half was Mayuri's fight - which was bloody awesome with Szayel's slow death about to start with some comedy thrown in by Mayuri himself as well as his Bankai :laugh:

Radish?

Ok, after watching it, that episode was done very nicely. The recap was a little long, but wasnt bad. The other captains fight was just as it was in the manga, with barely any deviation. I can only see this getting better and better. The music was also top notch. And that line Kuchiki said, " When did I say I was going to kill you as a shinigami? I must kill you because you pointed a sword at my pride.", just great.

Radish, that sig is sweeet. Whats a good program that can capture video screens? because I know of some great scenes on kenpachis fight that will make for some good avatars/sigs.

recaps are good when they are far into a story and there has been a break, but I think right now we all get whats going on. I'm scared of how much recap there could be when they finally start getting into the main captains battles outside. If in the manga it seems like its lasting forever, the recaps will be full episodes lol.

I hate that, they have barely 30 min and in the 30 min 10 are almost recap of the last episode not to mention the intro and the ending.

Also look's like bleach anime is getting close to manga, I heard somewhere that they're making different episodes starting January. Is it true.

I hate that, they have barely 30 min and in the 30 min 10 are almost recap of the last episode not to mention the intro and the ending.

Also look's like bleach anime is getting close to manga, I heard somewhere that they're making different episodes starting January. Is it true.

what 30 min ??? it is just 23min says 20 min after discounting the start and the ending of the episode

^ you're right :p. It's mostly around 23 min but the opening and the ending are longer the 3. I am in the office right now so can't check, But I'm sure that the episode itself is only like 15 to 20 (max).

There could be possible filler coming up, as the manga really hasnt moved as far as I think they hoped during the last filler. I just hope what ever they do, its something good.

Man, I enjoyed that episode, but that recap was starting to upset me.

You barely have enough time to show new stuff let alone recaps from like 10 eps ago. I like how Mayuri was just playing with everyone lol

Oh well, back to watching One Piece :p

There could be possible filler coming up, as the manga really hasnt moved as far as I think they hoped during the last filler. I just hope what ever they do, its something good.

maybe in the middle/end of January ? man i really hate fillers , but i will still watch them regardless

Man, I enjoyed that episode, but that recap was starting to upset me.

You barely have enough time to show new stuff let alone recaps from like 10 eps ago. I like how Mayuri was just playing with everyone lol

Oh well, back to watching One Piece :p

i didn't believe my eyes i thought he would get really killed lol then he jumped suddenly into syzel face hahahah

what a crazy scientist hahaha he made me lugh big times this ep

I found myself chuckling that's for sure :rofl:

I'm interested to see why he's wearing that different outfit, you guys said that had some significance right?

As much as I don't like the recaps, I'd rather have that than filler :p