[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

Does Reflector crash at this point for anyone else?

I fixed the crash. Create the following directory if you are having this problem:

c:\users\YOURUSERNAME\appdata\local\temp\reflexil.window

I'm not certain why but the notifier seems unresponsive/lazy at time. It doesn't show the emails that have arrived recently. If I click on it and select check for new email, than voila, the little counter shows..what gives? running win 7 x64.

thx

anyone?

anyone?

When I first installed it, the default time for "Check every * minutes" was set to '5', I think, so I reset it to '1'. Have you tried that? It's in the 'Change Settings' dialog, which is under 'Tasks'.

Finally got a new version up without the broken auto login mechanism. I know I suck for taking so long to change it but here it is anyway. No more reflector hacking for now :D I also added the translations that were still pending and fixed the maximize bug.

Finally got a new version up without the broken auto login mechanism. I know I suck for taking so long to change it but here it is anyway. No more reflector hacking for now :D I also added the translations that were still pending and fixed the maximize bug.

Cool, works great on my system (64bit Win7). Thanks! :D

Works great, thanks!

daty2k1, could You add option to choose which browser will be used by Your Gmail Notifier? I have Firefox as default browser, but I use Chrome for GMail for it opens much faster.

i've just downloaded it and its very handy, thank you:) but do you have any idea why the icon won't change to show incoming mail? the sound alert works but the counter does not appear.

i've just downloaded it and its very handy, thank you:) but do you have any idea why the icon won't change to show incoming mail? the sound alert works but the counter does not appear.

Is your taskbar set to "use small icons"? If so, you won't see the icon change for programs like this, Windows Live Messenger, etc.

Is your taskbar set to "use small icons"? If so, you won't see the icon change for programs like this, Windows Live Messenger, etc.

thanks, you're right. i don't like large icons, but with this new taskbar it isn't even that strange, i guess it's worth getting used to:) i didn't know the wlm icon also changes:D

Hi, thank you for this little application, I use it a few month and have little problems with it.

One of those problems is an unhandled exception that happens like this when I get a mail in my inbox that has an empty "from" field - gmail says "(unknown sender)". Could you introduce a check for that in the code?

Thanks again for the app and your efforts.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at GmailNotifierPlus.Notifier.UpdateMailPreview()

at GmailNotifierPlus.Notifier.webClient_DownloadDataCompleted(Object sender, DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Gmail Notifier Plus

Assembly Version: 2.1.1.0

Win32 Version: 2.1.1.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/etc/Gmail%20Notifier%20Plus.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Web

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

WindowsBase

Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.0.6920.4902 built by: NetFXw7

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll

PresentationCore

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4926 built by: NetFXw7

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

PresentationFramework

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

I use the small icons too and there is no way I'll start using the default ones :( Is there a chance for this too work with the small icons.... At some point?

I would like to request one function: Would it be possible to add gmail into "sent to" menu in windows explorer? (right-click on file -> sent to -> gmail)

Hi!

At first, thanks for the great app :)

Second, could you please remove notifier thumbnail from alt-tab list (see image below)?

fb08cc3a9c87.png

Thanks for updating the program. I can also confirm that it crashes whenever there's a new e-mail from "unknown sender". The workaround is to obviously delete that mail or mark it read.

I get massiv errors

I run it in danish language.

<snip>

I also get an error when trying to use the Danish translation (with this under details).

The error message is (rougly):

'No resource was found, matching the specified ?culture? or the neutral ?culture?. Please, check that "GmailNotifierPlus.Properties.da-DK.resources" is correctly embedded in or linked to the assembly "Gmail Notifier Plus" during compilation, or that all the necessary satellite assemblies can be loaded and are fully signed.' (Translated from Danish -- I think "culture" is a mistake (in the translation from English to Danish).)

Can anyone else reproduce this error? Danish translates to "Dansk" (in Danish :D ), so must choose Dansk from the language list.

If you do, please notice that you must manually edit %appdata%\Gmail Notifier Plus\Settings.xml to fix the problem: Change <language value="da-DK" /> to <language value="en-US" /> in order to change the language back to English.

(grQmma, this should fix your issue)

Otherwise awesome app, daty2k1. I hope this is fixable, so the app can speak Danish, too.

Thank you for your help

Ares-JJ

Thank for a great app!

Just two things in this version thats not quite right.

When you restart the program it allways sets the language back to english and it does not remeber my login anymore when i tell it to go to my inbox.

Earlier i did not have to enter my username on the gmail homepage if i went through the program)

Other than that i love this software!

Thank you!!