The New Me.

Wow, war! That salad looks so good I caught myself trying to eat my Android! Looking good, my dude! Keep it up!

On 20/11/2022 at 01:37, JHBrown said:

You look younger with the beard. Keep it!

Agreed!

Obi-Wan seal of approval!

I've dropped around 50 pounds myself. 189lbs, down to 140. Pure muscle. I can push a garbage dumpster by myself, no truck or anything required. One of the big ones you see at motels. Not some household crap, I'm talking about close to 2000 pounds.

I'll be 45 next June.

You can do anything you set your mind to. The brain is the biggest muscle you have, and it's mostly fat. I can lift a car. Literally. Strength and might goes really far: set a goal, then go beyond that. Destroy the goal, then set a new one. Then destroy that, too. Next thing you know: throw a car around. Use the inner hulk all of us men have. You'll conquer the universe! Now, tell that to Bruce banner, lol

On 20/11/2022 at 06:49, SnoopZ said:

I just had to, look good though.

FaceApp_1668948000975.jpg

Good looking dude! It's nice to actually see real faces and not usernames.

Edited by Obi-Wan Kenobi

IMG_20221120_064600189.jpg

Doing my morning workout routine that LSU taught me

Damn I'm old, lol

IMG_20221120_065928756.jpg

Edited by Obi-Wan Kenobi
Because neowin is awesome

I may be old, but everyone is beautiful in their own way. Perspective. There is beauty in everything, especially when you realize it. Make this world what you want it to be. See something you don't like? Analyze, then appreciate. It can still be gone with a blink of an eye. I survived a 5 foot drop of 850 pounds of machinery on top of me. 

Resized_20221101_110544_02.jpeg

That's me, injured.

I should not be alive.

See that seat? Yes, I was in it.

Edited by Obi-Wan Kenobi
Because warwagon is an inspiration

I sure wish I could shake some of you men's hands, because I appreciate all of you. I'm just an old cowboy, and that's how we do things around here.

On 20/11/2022 at 07:12, SnoopZ said:

Can we get back on topic lol

You got a mouse in your pocket, bud? We ARE on topic.

On 20/11/2022 at 13:13, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

I sure wish I could shake some of you men's hands, because I appreciate all of you. I'm just an old cowboy, and that's how we do things around here.

You got a mouse in your pocket, bud? We ARE on topic.

Well you don't look like Warwagon....

Sorry @Warwagon for starting this and spoiling the new You thread.

On 20/11/2022 at 07:12, SnoopZ said:

Can we get back on topic lol

You just lost your first lightsaber fight. Quick on the draw, lol

On 20/11/2022 at 07:16, SnoopZ said:

Well you don't look like Warwagon....

Thank God! 😁 (Only kidding, warwagon!)

I look like me. Where's your picture?

Going on my routine 3 mile jog in 25 degree weather now, because I do this every day.

Warwagon: thanks for inspiring me. Steel sharpens steel.

Thank you!

On 20/11/2022 at 07:06, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

I may be old, but everyone is beautiful in their own way. Perspective. There is beauty in everything, especially when you realize it. Make this world what you want it to be. See something you don't like? Analyze, then appreciate. It can still be gone with a blink of an eye. I survived a 5 foot drop of 850 pounds of machinery on top of me. 

Resized_20221101_110544_02.jpeg

That's me, injured.

I should not be alive.

See that seat? Yes, I was in it.

Damn, you don't F**ck around. I think you just lost all your 9 lives.

On 20/11/2022 at 07:10, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

Warwagon: you win every day.

Screenshot_20221120-070911.png

Are used to win every day until the political forum, and now primortal says pro democratic things and gets 50 likes per day by noon lol. He wins everyday.

I’m sure I’ve seen films or tv programmes where your weight is in your driving license.

Do you need to be weighed whenever your license expires? In UK you need to apply for a new license every 10 years, so im guessing it’s similar in the US

On 20/11/2022 at 18:33, Dan~ said:

I’m sure I’ve seen films or tv programmes where your weight is in your driving license.

Do you need to be weighed whenever your license expires? In UK you need to apply for a new license every 10 years, so im guessing it’s similar in the US

Never been weighed for a drivers license just a photo. I mean, maybe they might ask for what my weight is.

On 21/11/2022 at 00:34, Warwagon said:

Never been weighed for a drivers license just a photo. I mean, maybe they might ask for what my weight is.

Ah, this is what I’ve seen, lists weight and other things, seems excessive

image.jpeg.ad99672a7a86db4f97166a7b27113c6d.jpeg

• 3 months later...
On 08/03/2023 at 18:31, Warwagon said:

14 years and going strong

I call this photo Rice Bags and Hair cuts go good together.

<snip>

Props man, really glad you kept at it! 👊 Relapsing is so easy to fall back into, especially when life isn't going the way you want it.

I've currently given up a lot of processed junk, sugar/high fructose, and carb heavy foods like pasta/breads, and started intermittent fasting. One thing I can say is that when you start eating healthy, you get a much better idea of how your body reacts to junk, like getting sluggish and whatnot. It seems like eating like crap all the time makes it much harder to decipher why we lack the energy we do, have issues sleeping, etc. I've never taken it this seriously before, but I feel like I look 10 years younger already lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Nice job Adam. I'm currently doing a mild Keto diet. Started at 274 now at 248. I feel so much better. 

My wife and I decided to have a cheat day, omg I felt like I had a mild case of the flu that evening and the next day. Carbs are the devil.

Have my own little carb cutting diet going on.  During my annual physical last August my Hemoglobin A1C came back elevated (5.8 prediabetes) which was my wake up call.  6 months later, I've dropped 40 pounds (180 to 140, I'm 5'3) and the hemoglobin went down to 5.1 (normal).  Basically switched to whole wheat, ate more fruits/vegetables/nuts, etc.  A little exercising here and there.  I do have a "cheat day" every few weeks...

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 09/03/2023 at 07:39, Jim K said:

Have my own little carb cutting diet going on.  During my annual physical last August my Hemoglobin A1C came back elevated (5.8 prediabetes) which was my wake up call.  6 months later, I've dropped 40 pounds (180 to 140, I'm 5'3) and the hemoglobin went down to 5.1 (normal).  Basically switched to whole wheat, ate more fruits/vegetables/nuts, etc.  A little exercising here and there.  I do have a "cheat day" every few weeks...

That's Amazing! Do we get a before and after!?

On 09/03/2023 at 07:41, Warwagon said:

That's Amazing! Do we get a before and after!?

Nope.  Don't really do pictures.  Almost wished I had taken a picture of the scale when I first started this though....