Reputation system enabled & explained

It would be great to have the ability to see all your posts that have been voted up. My reputation is at 1 right now and I don't know which post of mine has been voted up.

• Like 4

It would be great to have the ability to see all your posts that have been voted up. My reputation is at 1 right now and I don't know which post of mine has been voted up.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well, I would like to be able to see from my personal portal which posts have been ranked up

Yeah, I was thinking that as well, I would like to be able to see from my personal portal which posts have been ranked up

I agree with you both, that feature would be nice.

Another thought... What actually are the ranks, IE how many +1's do we need to achieve, say Good, Excellent, ETC?

At the moment I don't think that there are ranks, and I honestly wouldn't like to see them implemented because that would only result in more people begging for more reputation votes.

• Like 2

Yeah I think levels is a bit unnecessary. The number itself will probably be a decent indicator of how respected the user is.

edit: Although as with others I'd like to see which posts earn reputation. I wouldn't be opposed to it being shown to the left of the post too (the total) under the post count as a constant reminder. I don't think that means it needs levels, but having the figure there will signal out good posters.

Edited by Smigit

Another thought... What actually are the ranks, IE how many +1's do we need to achieve, say Good, Excellent, ETC?

As far as I know, 10 is good. I assume it goes up by increments of 10. I don't know the rest though.

Can you see which post gained reputation?

You can see which post of yours has been voted up by looking at the rep number; however, you'll have to find it manually as there's no way to search your voted up posts.

• Like 2

Can you see which post gained reputation?

Unfortunately not but very early on in this post, page 2 or something I suggested a way of allowing us to see what posts were given rep in a list format from post with most down to posts with least - Also as clickable links like how view topics by members works.

Something for the devs to think about but right now I think they have enough on their hands :yes:

At the moment I don't think that there are ranks, and I honestly wouldn't like to see them implemented because that would only result in more people begging for more reputation votes.

There are, because Rappy is one person I know for a fact is rated good, whereas others are rated neutral

There are, because Rappy is one person I know for a fact is rated good, whereas others are rated neutral

Audiboxer is rated excellent. ;)

That's true actually, i'm rated as 'neutreal' and it's just not fair! Hmprhhhh :huh:

:D

can't see why I hate the system but people continue to give me points! :unsure: :laugh:

• Like 1

can't see why I hate the system but people continue to give me points! :unsure: :laugh:

I'm doing it for your own good, now whenever you see your rep count you'll have to imaginatively remove one from it :laugh:

No one's asking for votes either, in fact, it should be a verbal warning offence to be begging for votes (I done it jokingly earlier). If it persists an actual warning.

Exactly. Otherwise we might end up with voting threads being opened for the purpose of voting, in a subliminal way.

I'm also rated excellent, to my surprise :blink:

You're trashing me, your 360 fan club is a strong one :devil:

Lack of PS3 nutjobs around here, I SHALL SUFFER! :cry:

Exactly. Otherwise we might end up with voting threads being opened for the purpose of voting, in a subliminal way.

It would be very helpful to hear the staffs opinion on my suggestion asap, I've already seen some sigs with things like "click the rep button if you like this post".

I really do think any sort of advertisement/request for rep should be verbally warned, with further action only deemed necessary if the person persists.

Tbh, I agree with the others about the whole rep system being pointless.