new feature in photoshop CS5

It's a niche feature that probably can only be used in very specific situations with certain images. Just like vanishing point, I doubt I'll ever use it.

I genuinely have a hard time believing this - it's just too incredible. If it's true, then I can only speculate that by the time we get to CS8, Photoshop will consist of nothing more than File -> Open, File -> Save, and a big, red "easy" button. :laugh:

It's a niche feature that probably can only be used in very specific situations with certain images. Just like vanishing point, I doubt I'll ever use it.

seriously...? You're VERY mistaken. YOU may not use it, but I can guarantee many many people will.

I've been wanting these kinds of features since I first thought to edit a photo on my computer. This makes removing a bunch of unwanted stuff in the photos super duper easy.

It's a niche feature that probably can only be used in very specific situations with certain images.

Are you kidding, did you even watch the video? A niche feature, no. A pretty amazing feature that could be used in cleaning up or editing any photo, yes. I mostly work with restoring old photos and it's a real pain trying to recreate sections of photos that have been destroyed. If this feature can do what they showed it will be an incredible time saver.

Uhm, dude, have you ever tried to remove freakin' power lines? If this works even half as well as advertised it's going to kick some major ass. And power lines often break an otherwise wonderful shot.

I saw this earler but makes me wonder.... is this some April fool joke? :( It's only a few days away

It's too early and it would be really dumb for a company to show off features of an upcoming product only to say "Just kidding".

Uhm, dude, have you ever tried to remove freakin' power lines? If this works even half as well as advertised it's going to kick some major ass. And power lines often break an otherwise wonderful shot.

+1 Power lines :/ they just ruin shots !!!

edit: wow just finished watching the video... Wow... I wonder what those renders look like up close. Eg if you can see if the blend in easily...

It's pointless to take pics anymore..just select white page and do delete on it, since ps will fill it with something anyway :D

LOL True. all you need is 1pixel, photoshop does teh rest.

seriously...? You're VERY mistaken. YOU may not use it, but I can guarantee many many people will.

I've been wanting these kinds of features since I first thought to edit a photo on my computer. This makes removing a bunch of unwanted stuff in the photos super duper easy.

Are you kidding, did you even watch the video? A niche feature, no. A pretty amazing feature that could be used in cleaning up or editing any photo, yes. I mostly work with restoring old photos and it's a real pain trying to recreate sections of photos that have been destroyed. If this feature can do what they showed it will be an incredible time saver.

I think what the guy meant is that although this works very well in the demo shots apple chose to show you, it may not work quite so spectacularly in real life. I'd say it's a bit too early to be getting too excited, apple are hardly going to release videos demonstrating situations this feature doesn't work absolutely brilliantly in. For example I can't imagine it reconstructing parts of a crowd, or complex partially obscured patterns/silhouettes with any finesse.

Still, it does look like it has the potential to become a new favorite tool :p

I think what the guy meant is that although this works very well in the demo shots apple chose to show you, it may not work quite so spectacularly in real life. I'd say it's a bit too early to be getting too excited, apple are hardly going to release videos demonstrating situations this feature doesn't work absolutely brilliantly in. For example I can't imagine it reconstructing parts of a crowd, or complex partially obscured patterns/silhouettes with any finesse.

Still, it does look like it has the potential to become a new favorite tool :p

Apple?