new feature in photoshop CS5

Sorry but, the gimp has had a plugin of this before CS5. Its called the Resynthesize plugin, and in some cases does a better job. Heres a comparison.

http://o3.tumblr.com/post/470608946/photoshops-caf-content-aware-fill-unbelievable

The gimp version came up with a better result on the Desert road picture.

Wow, I didn't know the Gimp had this. That's awesome. :)

Fake.

You can't possibly fill the white space around the panorama like that without know the rest of the image. No algorithm can find that the mountain slopes down on the right unless it has that info somewhere.

Everybody who I've seen doubt this video brings up the panorama. Look closer, mate. It does not generate additional clouds or terrain, it simply mirrors the existing edges with a little random stretching, skewing, rotation, etc. Nothing impossible about it.

I just hope it doesn't blur sharp details such as grass blades at the patch edges. Hard to tell from a YouTube video.

Hmm, over the years i have honed the skill of photo manipulation very well, I think this new feature is amazing but as said before this wont be as magical as its made out to be. I believe this will only work on specific pictures and scenes (the other pictures wont have such great results). Also this feature has been available in gimp for quite some time as a plugin.

besides, the people who are masters of photoshop dont go for the magic wand and the clone stamp, why would they go for this.... :fro:

I genuinely have a hard time believing this - it's just too incredible. If it's true, then I can only speculate that by the time we get to CS8, Photoshop will consist of nothing more than File -> Open, File -> Save, and a big, red "easy" button. :laugh:

Yeah, I know what you mean.

This looks really amazing. Is this confirmed for CS5? If so I'm definitely upgrading... This looks amazing. I heard too that it might be 64 bit only? I hope not, because I don't want to reinstall my OS, but I realize 64 bit is the future and all... lol

This really looks absolutely amazing. I'm not a graphics person by any means, but I like to play around and would upgrade for something like this absolutely. Maybe finally take a Photoshop course... lol

Oh my god. WANT.

If this is actually true, which I kind of believe it to be.. this is rather the most amazing thing Adobe will ever add.

I hope this doesn't require a certain resolution on the image or certain filetype.. Looks rather amazing if this will work in every scenario.

Damn it, I'm going to be out of a job :| . I'm going to ask my company to hold purchasing CS4 and wait for CS5, when is it coming out? That said, Malaysia is so slow in getting updates :( .

Scirwode

If I remember correctly, this algorithm was developed jointly with Princeton University.

It's an amazing algorithm... I'm just in awe... I hope it works that well in practice. But that video is just... WOW... Me want! LOL

That is f**cked up!

That panorama thing was amazing. You can see there are little issues with it here and there but what a starting point to give yourself.

Shame about the price, lol

Seriously impressive stuff, but like most I would have to try it before believing it actually works well.

Plus good work Shasoosh with the GIMP plug-in, seems to do a pretty professional job! :laugh:

Sorry but, the gimp has had a plugin of this before CS5. Its called the Resynthesize plugin, and in some cases does a better job. Heres a comparison.

http://o3.tumblr.com/post/470608946/photoshops-caf-content-aware-fill-unbelievable

The gimp version came up with a better result on the Desert road picture.

It doesn't quite do the same hting. and it's hardly a better result. Notice the obvius cloning repetition on the gimp version

Wow, that is bloody impressive. How does it even work?! The last one had me slapping myself hard.

Seriously, that is amazing.

Defintion of jaw-droppingly awesome.

GO ADOBE!

Why didn't they just pick the leaf up in the first place, get a chainsaw and cut the tree down.. Problem solved and no need to pay for someone to edit.

Plus good work Shasoosh with the GIMP plug-in, seems to do a pretty professional job! :laugh:

I agree. Thanks. I am going to try this out for myself. :)

I agree. Thanks. I am going to try this out for myself. :)