Meet Firefox 4.0.1

D2D + Glass will be fixed soon.

Yeah the bug has Review+ status now :)

Most wanted bug fix for me to be honest.

I'm waiting on retained layers, that should make web-page composition very fast)

OpenGL backed layers makes WebGL super fast, any properly coded demo I threw at it hit the vsync limit and stayed there.

Had that enabled for a few builds now :)

captureqm.th.png

Is it fission or something? Or it is landed and needs a about:config trick?

Is it fission or something? Or it is landed and needs a about:config trick?

It's Tab Mix Plus and a stylish Script, it hasn't landed yet.

Yeah the bug has Review+ status now :)

Most wanted bug fix for me to be honest.

Works great on the latest nightly.

It seems like Google innovates and everyone else follows.

Because Chrome isnt a new(er) browser and its entirely original right? Themes, extensions, tabs...all new :whistle:

Works great on the latest nightly.

negative

Because Chrome isnt a new(er) browser and its entirely original right???Themes, extensions, tabs...all new :whistle:

Further , Google Chrome introduced Javascript performance , prior to that , it was just unknown to everyone and those ppl were fools who said , see , Firefox does that j word faster and now my Facebook is faster than on IE :p

I'm guessing these builds don't auto update yet?

No - you can update them via Help -> Check for Updates though.

Can anybody tell me what WebM is please? :)

The WebM Project is a Google-sponsored project dedicated to create an open and royalty free video format that provides high quality video compression for use with HTML5 video.

The WebM format consists of the VP8 video codec developed by On2 and the Vorbis audio codec, in a container format based on a profile of Matroska.[2][3][4] The project releases WebM related software under a BSD License with patent clause.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebM

Im badly waiting for the New UI.

This one skucs

Yes I am as well.

Didn't Opera come up with their dreadful rendition of tabs on top after Chrome?

i don;t think that counts for innovation. which of them got their tabs on top first...

chrome gave the start with some innovations like multi process browsing (better than loosely coupled IE implementation) and supported performance war :)

but i'm sure the others browsers (firefox, ie, opera, safari etc...) had a lot of more innovations because they were here a long time ago.

btw i like chrome but i can't understand how a browser doesn't have rss support... not that i use it that much.

WebM is fairly slow (720p WebM = 78% CPU, 720p Theora = 45% CPU), but that will change in time.

I'm guessing these builds don't auto update yet?

64bit builds don't (it'll download the update, then fail to apply), but 32bit nightly builds auto-update.

LOL , after my terrible exprience about Copying menu button of firefox by opera thread i posted earlier , i doubt there is something called Innovation by individual company!!

WebM is fairly slow (720p WebM = 78% CPU, 720p Theora = 45% CPU), but that will change in time.

Yes , because this is initial non-public releases

I don't know if I'd classify the nightly builds as "non-public".

what i meant was

non-public = non-finished-version-for-testing-purpose-only-use-at-your-own-risk = non-easy-going-public release :p

On Mac OS X it still sucks; OOP plugins don't work with the latest nightly - every time I go to YouTube it claims that I don't have the flash plugin installed (when I do). Then there is the continued lack of tab process isolation which makes it even worse.

I don't want to sound like a downer but Firefox on Mac royally sucks - when it someone going to do something about it?

It's a nightly, bugs are to be expected.

For me, YouTube doesn't repaint properly, Flash doesn't receive keyboard events, full screen opens up unfocused (so you need to click on the screen to interact with it) and there's no right click menu.

OOP QuickTime's worse (it either doesn't redraw at all, or displays every second frame flipped vertically)

To compete with performance of h264, webM need to acquire hardware acceleration. (You can't beat 0%...)

In other words, WebM can only be called performance-friendly on systems that support hardware WebM decoding.

Although, then we can then compare GPU unitization h264 vs. WebM.

Tracemonkey partially landed (source: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1918157&sid=6c72ad02c8d2c1cca7bb1d860abbdeb9)

Tomorrow's build will fix D2d Bug (source: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1919135&sid=6c72ad02c8d2c1cca7bb1d860abbdeb9)

I've got today's build but i can't view webm videos...

I've got today's build but i can't view webm videos...

Try viewing this

webm=1&html5=1

no all videos will work , do check for bold content above

Thanks , updated :D

It's a nightly, bugs are to be expected.

For me, YouTube doesn't repaint properly, Flash doesn't receive keyboard events, full screen opens up unfocused (so you need to click on the screen to interact with it) and there's no right click menu.

OOP QuickTime's worse (it either doesn't redraw at all, or displays every second frame flipped vertically).

The problem is that in my case the plugin doesn't work at all because the browser doesn't even detect the existence of the plugin. I can handle bugginess but the damn thing isn't working at all.