Meet Firefox 4.0.1

How stable is the bleeding edge minefield, is it likely to corrupt my profile?

yes, it ruined my old profile, even though having sync installed, it wasn't a problem. It's better to use a new profile for minefield :)

Does anyone know how to make the tab bar background not transparent? It looks awful as it is now.

only fix is to disable aero ,,,, use persona

How stable is the bleeding edge minefield, is it likely to corrupt my profile?

To me , its usable and stable , and if not , wait for next nightly , it would be

I made a transition from 3.5 to 3.7 directly , never used 3.6 :D. Its so stable that it crashes not even once these days

But yeah , i dont use many addons etc , so thats why i have less issues

Do what above ppl are saying ,, thats best thing you can do...

How does a browser test get impacted by the OS? OS X isn't HTML 5 compliant. It's the browser that matters:

It's too bad that html5test.com doesn't just test HTML5. For example, Geolocation is part of the final score, but Geolocation is not part of HTML5.

• Like 1

It's too bad that html5test.com doesn't just test HTML5. For example, Geolocation is part of the final score, but Geolocation is not part of HTML5.

it also tests the compatibility with proprietary standards like mp3 and h.264, which firefox doesn't support and never will.

• Like 1

To me , its usable and stable , and if not , wait for next nightly , it would be

What logic is that ? there's no inherent logic that the next nightly build is more stable than the previous. it may very well be a lot less stable.

What logic is that ? there's no inherent logic that the next nightly build is more stable than the previous. it may very well be a lot less stable.

ok , that's correct , but still , if its not , then next would be , and so on....

Anyways , what i meant was you can expect good things in next build , if not always

ok , that's correct , but still , if its not , then next would be , and so on....

Anyways , what i meant was you can expect good things in next build , if not always

Your logic is still failing. there's no "guarantee" of more stable until beta, it's the very essence of a nightly/daily build. and even a beta can be treacherous. the only builds that are pretty much guaranteed to become more and more stable are RC's, and optimally you only want one of those if you did beta correct.

Your logic is still failing. there's no "guarantee" of more stable until beta, it's the very essence of a nightly/daily build. and even a beta can be treacherous. the only builds that are pretty much guaranteed to become more and more stable are RC's, and optimally you only want one of those if you did beta correct.

ok , i m failed in that , thanks for correcting. I still feel i the need to add (not always , next to it would get)

:)

Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 is scheduled to be out on June 24th. I don't know if it is ready or not. I would rather it not be rushed, seeing that the release is not due until the 4th. quarter. I do not care for the Bookmark Toolbar not being Glass. It was until today's build. The only way I know of to get it glassed would be to download the June 11th Build. I just went back to using a Persona.

Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 is scheduled to be out on June 24th. I don't know if it is ready or not. I would rather it not be rushed, seeing that the release is not due until the 4th. quarter. I do not care for the Bookmark Toolbar not being Glass. It was until today's build. The only way I know of to get it glassed would be to download the June 11th Build. I just went back to using a Persona.

Its not supposed to be glassed.

I was not aware, now I am. Are there alternative ways to force install addons?

Add new boolean value about:config:

extensions.checkCompatibility.3.7a & set to false

Add new boolean value about:config:

extensions.checkCompatibility.3.7a & set to false

I have that myself but for me it doesn't work, I added this a couple of months ago and it's there in about:config but my addons are still disabled :/

I have that myself but for me it doesn't work, I added this a couple of months ago and it's there in about:config but my addons are still disabled :/

Odd i have it and works with many unsupported plug-ins :unsure:

Odd i have it and works with many unsupported plug-ins :unsure:

I just deleted my firefox profile and started fresh and for me it still isn't allowing me to install unsupported addons :( with this boolean set to false. :/

I'm on latest a6pre nightly but this problem has gone back a while for me :/

Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 is scheduled to be out on June 24th. I don't know if it is ready or not.

I'm pretty sure they won't have everything done by the 24th, so don't be surprised if they delay it.