Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Seeing as there's the beta start (apparently) in June, are we not going to see Firefox looking like the concept images they posted a while ago? Seems like the design hasn't had much improvement as of late. Or will the aero be bringing this in?

Seeing as there's the beta start (apparently) in June, are we not going to see Firefox looking like the concept images they posted a while ago? Seems like the design hasn't had much improvement as of late. Or will the aero be bringing this in?

Aero will not bring those features , they are separate

We might see all those UI updates in beta , till then keep checking planet.firefox.com and https://wiki.mozilla...irefox/Projects

Thanks, I hope we do get what they propose in their concept art for Firefox 4.

To me , some of the things are like impossible or time-consuming to land , so i doubt that they will bring everything for us in time

Anyways , there is always a 4.1 :p

Position of tabs look a bit wonky there.

Yeah, they're going to make the non-glass region be inset by a couple of pixels so that the border is hidden, meaning the tabs will be flush with the top of the webpage.

It's a very very early theme currently though (tabs and buttons are the only new things), so there's going to be issues (Like D2D + Glass = Bad)

Is that for real? That theme looks horrible.

Someone obviously doesn't understand the concept of 'pre-beta' :rofl:

But in all seriousness, the tabs need fixing, they have chopped corners rather than rounded ones, but it's too late, I've moved to Chrome. Sorry Firefox and thanks for all the years.

Someone obviously doesn't understand the concept of 'pre-beta' :rofl:

What's interesting is that its pre-alpha 3.7 , not even 4.0!

What's interesting is that its pre-alpha 3.7 , not even 4.0!

3.7 has been officially abandoned

when it hit beta quality it will be changed to 4.0 next month (end of June at current estimate )

3.7 has been officially abandoned

when it hit beta quality it will be changed to 4.0 next month (end of June at current estimate )

U did not get me right

Maybe because MAC OS X doesn't have the feature? I thourght that was quite obvious...

The dock is more than capable of displaying progress bars.

I'll try it now but i have a few questions:

Is it using the Out of Process plugins?

Will implement the electrolysis project(each tab each process)?

And will implement the WebM project?

Still no glass+d2d?

Nope.

This build also has major issues with embedded flash videos. Go to youtube and they work fine, watch an embedded video in the forum and Flash dies.

Yes, maybe and yes

Trunk builds have OOPP on Windows/Linux and OS X, 3.6.4 (coming out in a few days) will only do them on Windows and Linux.

Yeah i have the 3.6.3plugin1(3.6.4 with selfupdate).Hm lets see about those projects!Too many for a major release.I hope we see a 64bit version too,even if flash is holding back.

Add-ons in a tab... one of the many things I absolutely hate in Chrome, I really hope Mozilla does not push forward with this implementation :(

Edit:

I like having my search/address bar combined, makes things a bit faster. They should at least make it a configurable option, as many casual users don't mess with about:config stuff

The good thing about having Downloads,add on in a tab is that you dont get pop ups as a new window and having popups makes the task bar cluttered.

I'll try it now but i have a few questions:

Is it using the Out of Process plugins?

Yes, while you're using a plugin, in task manager you'll find a process called "plugin-container.exe"

Will implement the electrolysis project(each tab each process)?

No, as far as i know.

And will implement the WebM project?

Not this version.

at http://nightly.mozilla.org/webm you can find a version with early webm support.