Bioshock Infinite

official bioshock infinite irrational games 2k games pc os x ps3 xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#31 Spookie

Spookie

• 5,072 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:45

Forget steampunk and the past, I want to go back to the Von Braun...

EA owns that trademark.

#32 |Rapture|

|Rapture|

Neowinian

• 1,181 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 15:04

I know but that doesn't change the fact I want another Ken Levine System Shock game.

#33 OP Massiveterra

Massiveterra

◕ ◡ ◕

• 3,601 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 15:06

I know but that doesn't change the fact I want another Ken Levine System Shock game.

I think a "shock" game in a ship with an AI is going to do really, really well and that's something you should think about.

That's sounds like a great idea. You should make that game.

#34 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,354 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 19:24

Even though the whole premise has changed, the only thing that matters and why this will be a return to form...

Levine! :heart:

#35 OP Massiveterra

Massiveterra

◕ ◡ ◕

• 3,601 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 19:50

If this is a "new" project, I wonder what he's been working on since 2007

#36 ~Johnny

~Johnny

Earthling

• 3,293 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 20:19

Actually, they said there may or may not be.

I hope it's drastically different, personally -- something more original, even if there are similarities between the original Bioshock and Infinite. For example, I hope there aren't little sisters or some sort of equal to them in this game.

I hope it is in the same Universe - not that it would have much impact either way, but it would be nice to see maybe a teenage Andrew Ryan running around, maybe better understand his desire to build Rapture, or even some other random characters from Bioshock. Not massive interconnectivity, but little nods here and there to pave the way for the future :)

That said, I'm interested in the game, but without seeing any gameplay yet, I've yet to get hyped up about anything, but I'll certainly keep my eye on it (=

#37 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,799 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:02

Here's a really interesting interview with Ken Levine

http://www.joystiq.c...shock-infinite/

For those of you that don't know, Bioshock 2 had nothing to do with Irrational (the developers of the first Bioshock/System Shock 2).

Well, it had something to do with it, as 2K Marin was made up of former members of the original Bioshock team, who also did the PS3 port of the original as well.

More on the game here: http://games.on.net/...oShock_Infinite

#38 ~WinGz~

~WinGz~

Monster Kill!

• 1,818 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 00:37

Did anyone else notice during the trailer when hes falling and notices the conductor, the conductor looked like Cohen from Bioshock 1.

#39 Subject Delta

Subject Delta

Father...it's me, Eleanor

• 10,664 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 23:03

Hope they can make it work, taking the storyline outside of Rapture

#40 Ayepecks

Ayepecks

Neowinian Senior

• 17,987 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 23:48

Hope they can make it work, taking the storyline outside of Rapture

Again, they said it may or may not have any relationship to that universe. I personally hope it has no relationship or, at most, a very small twist. I don't want them worrying about how to tie everything together... I just want them to make a good game.

#41 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,825 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 23:55

If this is a "new" project, I wonder what he's been working on since 2007

He's been working on this since then.

#42 vetCorris

Corris

Hobnob King

• 8,592 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:33

Again, they said it may or may not have any relationship to that universe. I personally hope it has no relationship or, at most, a very small twist. I don't want them worrying about how to tie everything together... I just want them to make a good game.

Personally I hope they do tie it to Bioshock in some way, it doesn't have to be anything big, but enough to cement it in the same universe because there is no reason not to.
Rapture wasn't started till 1946, and Infinite takes place in 1912, so there is no reason to worry about having to sort anything together as it all happens before hand in Infinite.

#43 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 19,645 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:27

This is in the same universe as bioshock 1, but they've said that "bioshock" is "bigger than just Rapture", why limit a game to just one location? This is a new city yes, so that lets you play with new game elements etc, which is exciting and fresh but you are still part of the bioshock world.

It's not like the world only has one city in it, heh. At the most this might have some minor tie-ins to Rapture in the sense that if you haven't played the first then playing this won't screw you over story wise. As for Bioshock 2, no one cares about that, it was another dev and means nothing to the story.

#44 OP Massiveterra

Massiveterra

◕ ◡ ◕

• 3,601 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 14:03

Where do they say it's the same universe as the first Bioshock? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Every source I have read says this game has nothing to do with the first 2 Bioshock games

#45 Ayepecks

Ayepecks

Neowinian Senior

• 17,987 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 18:12

This is in the same universe as bioshock 1, but they've said that "bioshock" is "bigger than just Rapture", why limit a game to just one location? This is a new city yes, so that lets you play with new game elements etc, which is exciting and fresh but you are still part of the bioshock world.

It's not like the world only has one city in it, heh. At the most this might have some minor tie-ins to Rapture in the sense that if you haven't played the first then playing this won't screw you over story wise. As for Bioshock 2, no one cares about that, it was another dev and means nothing to the story.

We don't know that.