http://www.joystiq.c...rse-continuity/

Seems to me he's implying it will be exactly what I thought: a small tie-in to the original at the end of the game.

Sounds like he's going the Shadow of the Colossus approach that I mentioned earlier in the topic, being that the only connection to tie in Ico and SotC was at the very end of the game showing you that they were part of the same universe and somewhat had an effect in some way to the later story.

Which is good and exactly what I would want from a game that also seems to be set in the same universe.

I still think that this will involve Andrew Ryan and a few cast members from the first bioshock, and it evolves into how they got the idea for rapture.

Cause Cohen in the trailer, and some other little odds and ends. The roses scream Professor Langford from the first game. Cause if any of you remember that she had a love for plants and flowers.

Love for her roses during the first game. ( the find the roses mission in bioshock ).

Little throwback ideas, ive seen could of been nothing. But the connections make me think some of the minor characters from bioshock, will be the ones in this. To help create an atmosphere

on why Rapture came to be.

I still think that this will involve Andrew Ryan and a few cast members from the first bioshock, and it evolves into how they got the idea for rapture.

Cause Cohen in the trailer, and some other little odds and ends. The roses scream Professor Langford from the first game. Cause if any of you remember that she had a love for plants and flowers.

Love for her roses during the first game. ( the find the roses mission in bioshock ).

Little throwback ideas, ive seen could of been nothing. But the connections make me think some of the minor characters from bioshock, will be the ones in this. To help create an atmosphere

Cohen isn't in the trailer. That's already been reported to be some politician that's in the game. I thought of the roses, too, but I really don't think it's going to be as big of a tribute as you're letting on -- I'd bet money that, at best, it is just a minor reference to show fans it's in the same universe.

Andrew Ryan was living in Russia at the time of Infinite, and doesn't come to America until 1919. Unless your character brings the city down (literally) and it falls into Russia and is discovered by Ryan, but that would be way too cheesy and obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont want Columbia, I dont want the Rapture, I dont want Andre Ryan, nor a big daddy, nor a handyman... I want the Von Braun, I want Shodan.

Nice art. Hope its f-all like the last 2 bioshocks. Im sorry but I found both to be rather lack lustre. The story was nice but the game itself left a lot to be desired and for me became very very samey fast. Personally I dont get what the hubbub was about as neither game stands out for me, jus feels like any other mid range fps.

They crafted a very lovely and artistic enviroment, but with little variation. Thus after x time its dull. But thats jus me.

Will give this a go once its out and hit the pre-owned shelfs I think tho.

Nice art. Hope its f-all like the last 2 bioshocks. Im sorry but I found both to be rather lack lustre. The story was nice but the game itself left a lot to be desired and for me became very very samey fast. Personally I dont get what the hubbub was about as neither game stands out for me, jus feels like any other mid range fps.

They crafted a very lovely and artistic enviroment, but with little variation. Thus after x time its dull. But thats jus me.

Will give this a go once its out and hit the pre-owned shelfs I think tho.

To each their own but I completely disagree. Are we talking about the same Bioshock? I can't speak for the second but the first was wonderful because of its diversity in game play. The way you could utilize multiple techniques to achieve the same objective etc. I am at a loss how you found such a critically acclaimed game "lack lustre" as you put it but then again as I said to each their own ;)

speaking of Bioshock, should I go back and play it? I played through about 30-45min on my friend's Xbox 360 about 3 years ago. I found it to be alright. I know if I played it for a longer period of time, I'd probably like/love it.

speaking of Bioshock, should I go back and play it? I played through about 30-45min on my friend's Xbox 360 about 3 years ago. I found it to be alright. I know if I played it for a longer period of time, I'd probably like/love it.

Yes! If you can stomach the graphics, it's worth playing System Shock 2 as well.

Well it looks fine, not breaking any graphics records etc but then again that was never the draw of bioshock one for me. It's all about the story.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the 2nd cover, damn I like the 1st one though :)

This game looks great so far. I loved the first, totally skipped out of the 2nd, and will be returning to this when it comes out.