Cool thanks all. I pretty much figured out those two tactics with the turrets, was hoping there was something better but I guess not. :laugh:

So me and a friend were texting and emailing last night about checking out Infinite after all this time. He was not as big as a fan of the original Bioshock as I was, so one of the things he said was he forgot about all of the clicking you had to do in the game, and when I asked him what he meant, he talked about how you have to search so many things, and half your time is just spent searching **** and not actually playing. I responded yeah, that is a trait of Bioshock, and that I was cool with it as I like exploring in games.

Well I am not sure if it was the power of suggestion or what have you, but I have to say after playing it for a little bit more tonight, I think I may have to agree, it is kind of annoying, and does seem to be way overboard with this game. I have now been playing the game for about 3-4 hours, and maybe an hour of that time, and I am being generous I believe, has actually been action oriented. I realize that has not necessarily ever been what Bioshock is about, but I don't know, I am finding it to be a tad annoying this time around. I think a whole lot has to do with the fact I do not game anywhere near as much as I did back when the first game was released, so now when I do play, I consider that time to be special (as corny as that sounds as I type it out, it is true). So yeah, almost wish there was a way to play the game were to fully enjoy it one did not have to scour everything. Maybe I can play it without doing that, but then I feel like I will miss out on a whole, whole lot.

So yeah, the game may not be as impressive as I first thought it was. I think I also possibly had unrealistic expectations for the game itself. Especially after all of the perfect reviews I have seen it get, I think I expected a bit more. :/

elizabeth will restock as you get low.

She never did with that gun, I ended up leaving it behind since no one answered me... Hopefully I get to see it again because that is one sexy shotgun!

Steam users right click on the game and select properties and look in the Betas tab.

post-78314-0-17770300-1364453220.jpg

...? I dont want to play around with anything until I finish the game

1/2 were using modified UT2004 engine. This is the UE3 engine. I run it on low settings so I can't really say how good/bad the full textures look but I mean it still looks pretty damn good.

I still have not beaten it yet, but I think I'm near the end.

I'm at the part where on the zepplin having to defend it with songbird.

Gets pretty rough trying to continue on hard difficulty.

Honestly I could say the same about skyrim tbh. :/ ZOMG HOW DARE YOU BEST GAME EVER /s

They were both enjoyable but yea story was obviously better when Ken was involved. 2's combat was only "better" simply because plasmids were left handed and didn't have to switch from using your gun to use them.

what is your system specs just wondering since you siad you was runnign the game on low settings if you dotn have to why would you

Im not that hooked as the other two Bioshock games but I havent even met liz yet so maybe thats where it get intresting.

BTW, Bioshock 1 and Infinite bascially had the same damn intro to the game.....

Also, why dont they let you bind Enter this time around???? Im have a hard time with my binding configuration....

My PC's CPU is starting to show its age....

Steam users right click on the game and select properties and look in the Betas tab.

...? I dont want to play around with anything until I finish the game

They don't do anything. They are account specific. So they don't work even if you try.

A lot of games have those, it is for reviewing, qa, etc.

what is your system specs just wondering since you siad you was runnign the game on low settings if you dotn have to why would you

I only have a c2d cpu and i prefer not to let my gpu get hotter than 50s really.

I only have a c2d cpu and i prefer not to let my gpu get hotter than 50s really.

what GPU are you running cause GPUs are made to withstand some heat my friends 570 gets around 80s somthing during gaming so it is perfectly fine

She never did with that gun, I ended up leaving it behind since no one answered me... Hopefully I get to see it again because that is one sexy shotgun!

I think she eventually does as she doesnt give salt or heath right away either. I go rid of that gun tho...was slow to reload and not good in a fight with several guys. The normal shotgun is much better IMO.

BTW, Bioshock 1 and Infinite bascially had the same damn intro to the game.....

That was intentional.

Unrelated, someone please teach Levine or his team how to do proper saves. There's no need for a separate save file for each and every section of the game.

Cool thanks all. I pretty much figured out those two tactics with the turrets, was hoping there was something better but I guess not. :laugh:

So me and a friend were texting and emailing last night about checking out Infinite after all this time. He was not as big as a fan of the original Bioshock as I was, so one of the things he said was he forgot about all of the clicking you had to do in the game, and when I asked him what he meant, he talked about how you have to search so many things, and half your time is just spent searching **** and not actually playing. I responded yeah, that is a trait of Bioshock, and that I was cool with it as I like exploring in games.

Well I am not sure if it was the power of suggestion or what have you, but I have to say after playing it for a little bit more tonight, I think I may have to agree, it is kind of annoying, and does seem to be way overboard with this game. I have now been playing the game for about 3-4 hours, and maybe an hour of that time, and I am being generous I believe, has actually been action oriented. I realize that has not necessarily ever been what Bioshock is about, but I don't know, I am finding it to be a tad annoying this time around. I think a whole lot has to do with the fact I do not game anywhere near as much as I did back when the first game was released, so now when I do play, I consider that time to be special (as corny as that sounds as I type it out, it is true). So yeah, almost wish there was a way to play the game were to fully enjoy it one did not have to scour everything. Maybe I can play it without doing that, but then I feel like I will miss out on a whole, whole lot.

So yeah, the game may not be as impressive as I first thought it was. I think I also possibly had unrealistic expectations for the game itself. Especially after all of the perfect reviews I have seen it get, I think I expected a bit more. :/

This is probably the worst part of the Bioshock games, as well as just many "RPG"ish games. The thing though that makes it toleratable though is that you don't have to pay attention to what you are looting. Just run around and press Open-LootAll quickly. You don't have to look at 90% of what you open, and can still get it to open and loot. So while it is a problem, it is at least not that important.

But that is also what Bioshock is about. Exploring. You don't have to open everything you see, but you should open all "locked" things you see. You won't find anything of importance in any regular barrel or box or crate. It will either be in a locked area or out in the open if it is important.

I've almost beat the game I think. Love the story and premise. Love the Brother/Sister combo of Dr. Who's :p I also really dig the music. There is a part of a level that explains the music. A guy who lived in a house kept getting "time tears" in his living room, and they would also have music from our world playing in them. He would just steal the lyrics and music, and then say he invented it. Thus why you hear all of these real songs, sung differently.

I've always dug alternate reality scenerios, and this game is just great. I bought the Season Pass, and fear though I'm near the end.... I don't want it to end though. I'm enjoying this game ten fold over what I thought I would.

Edit* I almost forgot. Larry, don't give up on the game just yet :p I was getting sort of down with the fighting, until I unlocked the Vigor "Return to Sender". The description for this item sucks, but it is by far the most fun and interesting Vigor in the game. You hold your left hand out, making a black hole that absorbs all bullets shot at it. You can throw the orb down near you, and use it as a shield. Anything you shoot or is shot at you, orbits the hole and gets absorbed. You can also throw the orbs at enemies for it to blow up. You can also run around holding the orb in your left hand and shooting a gun in your right hand, and basically be unstoppable. You won't find this til a little later in the game, but is so far now my favorite vigor.

I have not given up on it yet, not even close, I am looking forward to continuing to play it honestly, I just feel like I (unrealistically) expected more, especially after some of these reviews that were released. Like another good example of where it really misses out on a great opportunity is

when you finally do meet up with Elizabeth, and have to escape the statue from the Songbird or whatever it is called.

Talk about an anti-climatic experience. There was nothing at all other then run. Hell, I cannot believe I am saying this, but even introduce a QTE or two. There was nothing at all. Just move forward.

So yeah, it is hardly the perfect game some people are making it out to be (obviously, IMHO). Now I should also say, a hardly perfect Bioshock is better than 95% out of games out there, I do need to clarify that no doubt, I just did expect a lot more based on what certain reviews were painting it out to be. And perhaps that is my own fault, as looking back on it all, I should have known that with such an insanely long development cycle, that the graphics would not be the best, and that some mechanics may be a bit dated. Still though, I expected a bit more, even without the reviews.

I still really like it though, and I have just decided I will stop exploring as much as I have been. That's all. So hopefully maybe that will totally change my outlook on things.

I have not given up on it yet, not even close, I am looking forward to continuing to play it honestly, I just feel like I (unrealistically) expected more, especially after some of these reviews that were released. Like another good example of where it really misses out on a great opportunity is

when you finally do meet up with Elizabeth, and have to escape the statue from the Songbird or whatever it is called.

Talk about an anti-climatic experience. There was nothing at all other then run. Hell, I cannot believe I am saying this, but even introduce a QTE or two. There was nothing at all. Just move forward.

So yeah, it is hardly the perfect game some people are making it out to be (obviously, IMHO). Now I should also say, a hardly perfect Bioshock is better than 95% out of games out there, I do need to clarify that no doubt, I just did expect a lot more based on what certain reviews were painting it out to be. And perhaps that is my own fault, as looking back on it all, I should have known that with such an insanely long development cycle, that the graphics would not be the best, and that some mechanics may be a bit dated. Still though, I expected a bit more, even without the reviews.

I still really like it though, and I have just decided I will stop exploring as much as I have been. That's all. So hopefully maybe that will totally change my outlook on things.

I tried that at one point earlier on, but then realized that if you don't explore, you miss out on the back story. I think early on, it's not as important. But later in the game, the recordings really do help answer questions and immerse you deeper into what is happening.

I don't want to discuess any story elements yet, because once something is spoiled in this game, its really spoiled. But I was a little late from my work lunch due to just how gripping the story starts to get, especially with all the "realitys".

I tried that at one point earlier on, but then realized that if you don't explore, you miss out on the back story. I think early on, it's not as important. But later in the game, the recordings really do help answer questions and immerse you deeper into what is happening.

I don't want to discuess any story elements yet, because once something is spoiled in this game, its really spoiled. But I was a little late from my work lunch due to just how gripping the story starts to get, especially with all the "realitys".

I think what I need to restore my faith in this game is a really good couple of hours on the weekend. I will not feel rushed (totally myself putting that pressure on BTW), and I can just play the game to play it, not to fulfill some unrealistic expectation in my head.

I so believe this will be the case, that I decided not to even play the game tonight. I knew I only had an hour or so to play tonight, and I figured I would be better off waiting for the weekend (technically tomorrow night probably) to really just sit back, play the game, and not feel like it has to deliver an amazing experience in a short amount of time.

I don't know why, but I enjoyed the combat more in Bioshock 1 than Infinite. Granted, I haven't met Elizabeth yet, but the pistol and machine gun are kind of meh.

1/2 were using modified UT2004 engine. This is the UE3 engine. I run it on low settings so I can't really say how good/bad the full textures look but I mean it still looks pretty damn good.

I still have not beaten it yet, but I think I'm near the end.

I'm at the part where on the zepplin having to defend it with songbird.

Gets pretty rough trying to continue on hard difficulty.

Honestly I could say the same about skyrim tbh. :/ ZOMG HOW DARE YOU BEST GAME EVER /s

They were both enjoyable but yea story was obviously better when Ken was involved. 2's combat was only "better" simply because plasmids were left handed and didn't have to switch from using your gun to use them.

it also had more plasmids and much more variety to them

I finished it and it was a good game but i had mixed feelings on the ending, Bioshock Infinite pretty much = Fringe.

Just finished the game and loved almost ever second of it and such a good ending.

for anyone on the fence about the game i say go for it

i liked the first bioshock, dont know if i have played the second game to be honest

I think what I need to restore my faith in this game is a really good couple of hours on the weekend. I will not feel rushed (totally myself putting that pressure on BTW), and I can just play the game to play it, not to fulfill some unrealistic expectation in my head.

I so believe this will be the case, that I decided not to even play the game tonight. I knew I only had an hour or so to play tonight, and I figured I would be better off waiting for the weekend (technically tomorrow night probably) to really just sit back, play the game, and not feel like it has to deliver an amazing experience in a short amount of time.

That's what I've done. But I haven't kept myself from playing it, even for an hour :p But when I am, I stop rushing myself. Even if it wont save, I at least know where to go to get what I need when I reload. But rushing yourself through a Bioshock game is the best way to miss the best parts of the game. IMHO

I played a little bit of the First BioShock and couldn't get into it.. would this be worth taking a look at again? And, if so, is it imperative to have played the previous BioShock?