I just picked the game up about a week ago. I've been enjoying Morgana and Irelia (I used LeBlanc a bit but I have a hard time getting her down, my timing is a bit slow at the moment). The game is fun even if I know I'm not that great at it. There are plenty of champions and different forms of play to keep anyone interested in the game. If anyone wants to play my name on LoL is Emn1ty. I'm on right now in fact.

I've grown to love Jax. Went 24/3 with him on Tuesday. I've been playing this a lot more lately, though I still split my time between HoN and this. I'm now lvl 7 on LoL.

I find LoL either filled with people who don't know how to really play, or I just somehow play it very well. But I tend to lead the group after a couple of minutes, taking the initiative to lead attacks, gank, and become the carry/tank to push us through.

It gets kind of better later on but then that also puts an end to you getting 24/3 it becomes rare that you see people with over 15+ kills unless someone becomes really fed.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, if anyone wants to add me my LoL name is Emn1ty. Keep in mind I'm still learning but I'm getting pretty good as a support with Morgana (although I need to learn to use wards more often).

• 3 weeks later...

Just created an account (Obtuse) via the referral link given by the OP but I won't be playing until the weekend due to going away. What is the basic premise for this as I like Guild Wars but hated the cap and I was kind of hoping to find a free to play alternative to DC Universe.

Guild Wars it's not - it plays more like BattleForge or LoTRO than GW. Tanks do well, but its still recommended to start off with a ranged character or two before shifting to a tanker (I have two ranged characters that I alternate with).

I'm an admitted n00b, therefore, I'm playing mostly co-op 5v5 on the NA Beginner section (Sledger).

I'm mainly hoping that at least some of the better add-ons aren't pay-only (in other words, they can be earned strictly by leveling). If so, that would indeed be different from other F2P fantasy MMO-type games.

I've managed to get to level 5 with less than a week of gameplay in (started last Saturday).

I'm now at lvl 16. Game is great, and the rewards for playing keep me addicted and coming back. I have already unlocked Gangplank and Teemo, which are by far my favorites. I still need to learn how to play Teemo better, as I seem to always get focused fired and killed, no matter how much my team tries to keep them off me... but I just love making little mine fields of shrooms everywhere.

Add me to friends list as well - NowNudda is my name in the game.

I'm now at lvl 16. Game is great, and the rewards for playing keep me addicted and coming back. I have already unlocked Gangplank and Teemo, which are by far my favorites. I still need to learn how to play Teemo better, as I seem to always get focused fired and killed, no matter how much my team tries to keep them off me... but I just love making little mine fields of shrooms everywhere.

Add me to friends list as well - NowNudda is my name in the game.

This guide helped me, the item build doesn't look as if it'd work but it does I went 11-1 before the game ended.

You're summoner spells should be Exhaust + Flash, Exhaust + blind dart = 6 seconds of blind which is all it should take to kill them.

DPS Teemo doesn't seem to work as well as it used to so if you're DPS Teemo try AP.

If you're been focused take flash and only use move quick when you want to escape, flash then move quick and they'll never be able to catch you.

Teemo is fast so if you're been attacked just run away and drop mushrooms behind you, don't just stand there if some ones attacking you just run away if they chase you then your team should kill them usually they'll stop chasing you and focus 1 of your teammates, to many people don't like running away because they feel like there letting their team down by doing it but it's better to run away and come back then just die, after a while they'll realize they can't catch you and stop trying.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/11940-ap-teemo-advanced-player-guide-detailed.xhtml

This guide helped me, the item build doesn't look as if it'd work but it does I went 11-1 before the game ended.

You're summoner spells should be Exhaust + Flash, Exhaust + blind dart = 6 seconds of blind which is all it should take to kill them.

DPS Teemo doesn't seem to work as well as it used to so if you're DPS Teemo try AP.

If you're been focused take flash and only use move quick when you want to escape, flash then move quick and they'll never be able to catch you.

Teemo is fast so if you're been attacked just run away and drop mushrooms behind you, don't just stand there if some ones attacking you just run away if they chase you then your team should kill them usually they'll stop chasing you and focus 1 of your teammates, to many people don't like running away because they feel like there letting their team down by doing it but it's better to run away and come back then just die, after a while they'll realize they can't catch you and stop trying.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/11940-ap-teemo-advanced-player-guide-detailed.xhtml

Agreed - turns out that I'm mostly playing Vayne the *right way*. Vayne is not a tank - she's a ranged sneak that's designed to keep minions and nuisances off her team's posteriors so the tanks can concentrate on taking down turrets and opposing tanks. While Vayne *can* snipe low-health tanks, that's not her primary task - taking out the trash (primarily minions) is. Vayne won't rack up kills on her own (remember - not a tank); her racking up a lot of assists isn't common, either, especially at levels below ten. However, Volley and Silver Bolts are dead-useful in worrying lower-strength bot opposition (half-strength or less) and Volleying minions is very much Vayne's reason for existing. Because Vayne is a sneak, I'm more on the watch for the other team's sneaks (in addition to Volleying or sniping), thus I am all for doing a Hawkshot snipe on an opposing sneak (to aggro them, and get them distracted/upset/chasing me - thereby making them easy meat for either a teammate or even a group of allied minions). I'll buy movement and regen/heal buffs when not leveling (my current rune/mastery set also leans that way), and I'll parallel a minion group to the right or left of the lane proper, using brush/jungle where feasible - on Summoner's Rift, it's darn near always feasible.

Late-game with Vayne

Because Vayne is a sniper (and Silver Bolts, especially after a few boosts, can be devastaing to minions, as can Volley fire), run her parallel along the top or bot lane the furthest toward to the opposing base. Remember, Vayne is to keep the opposing minions off the butts of your teammates primarily, and that can be as critical as killing the opposition, though it doesn't show up in the stat sheet. I'll do some hop-and-pops with Vayne on the fringes of the push (Volley-fire and Hawkshot snipes as needful), both knocking down (or out) the minion garbage and doing general pestering of the opposition, freeing up tanks and our team's own minions (especially if Super-Minions are on the schedule) to make that late push a success.

Agreed - turns out that I'm mostly playing Vayne the *right way*. Vayne is not a tank - she's a ranged sneak that's designed to keep minions and nuisances off her team's posteriors so the tanks can concentrate on taking down turrets and opposing tanks. While Vayne *can* snipe low-health tanks, that's not her primary task - taking out the trash (primarily minions) is. Vayne won't rack up kills on her own (remember - not a tank); her racking up a lot of assists isn't common, either, especially at levels below ten. However, Volley and Silver Bolts are dead-useful in worrying lower-strength bot opposition (half-strength or less) and Volleying minions is very much Vayne's reason for existing. Because Vayne is a sneak, I'm more on the watch for the other team's sneaks (in addition to Volleying or sniping), thus I am all for doing a Hawkshot snipe on an opposing sneak (to aggro them, and get them distracted/upset/chasing me - thereby making them easy meat for either a teammate or even a group of allied minions). I'll buy movement and regen/heal buffs when not leveling (my current rune/mastery set also leans that way), and I'll parallel a minion group to the right or left of the lane proper, using brush/jungle where feasible - on Summoner's Rift, it's darn near always feasible.

Late-game with Vayne

Because Vayne is a sniper (and Silver Bolts, especially after a few boosts, can be devastaing to minions, as can Volley fire), run her parallel along the top or bot lane the furthest toward to the opposing base. Remember, Vayne is to keep the opposing minions off the butts of your teammates primarily, and that can be as critical as killing the opposition, though it doesn't show up in the stat sheet. I'll do some hop-and-pops with Vayne on the fringes of the push (Volley-fire and Hawkshot snipes as needful), both knocking down (or out) the minion garbage and doing general pestering of the opposition, freeing up tanks and our team's own minions (especially if Super-Minions are on the schedule) to make that late push a success.

^Troll?

Vayne is an assassin you can almost get first blood at level 4 each time. She is a hero killer.

I played this game for a bit, my only problem is I don't like rated games, and my friend and I seem to never get into 3v3s vs other players (we were even queued together for a 3v3, he got a notice saying a game was ready and I didn't). So we are pretty much stuck playing 5v5 against bots, which gets really repetitive really quickly.

That being said, we make a beast combo with the champs we have, he will go Morgana and I will go Katarina, he has great stuns and general mob control (as well as survivability with the way he builds.....he harasses up to 3-4 bots at once without trouble) and me being the assassin, I can shunpo in (doing heavy damage), kill the target (pop my ultimate if more than 1 is around), then once they die shunpo out. Or if they run, follow then shunpo at them to get past a turret and finish them off. Or I'll go Master Yi (beast late game, he is a carry afterall...but he can chain kill 2-3 champions without a problem with his ultimate) or Nasus (beasty tank late game if built right....he can solo lane very well and hit hard as a truck with his siphon skill, he is a good turret killer too due to his hard siphon skill hits) and my friend will go assassin. We rarely get first blood, but in almost all games, one of us has higher kills than the rest of our team, usually combined.

Fun game, but the trouble we have getting into games against players forces us to stick to bot matches if we want to play together, which gets really boring fighting the same 8 bots or so on the same map.

Not really sure what your problem is? Play - classic - TT 3V3 - Normal - I will invite my own team mates. Invite your friend click start game you should then be thrown into a queue and then the game will start? you shouldn't get notices. etc.

Not really sure what your problem is? Play - classic - TT 3V3 - Normal - I will invite my own team mates. Invite your friend click start game you should then be thrown into a queue and then the game will start? you shouldn't get notices. etc.

Thats what we tried, you guys don't get a notice along the lines of "A game has been found, click to join"? My friend and I do for every game we queue for, and in the case of the 3v3, he got that notification and I didn't....we were sitting there in the arranged team chat, and suddenly he disappeared out of it....when I asked him why he said he got in a game, yet I hadn't.

Even without that issue, that was the only (out of about 5 attempts) game that actually went anywhere......the other 4 times we sat in the queue for at least 10 minutes with nothing happening......we just got tired of the game because the queue system wasn't working properly for us, we never did get to play a 3v3 against other players with us on the same team during the 2 week stint we played the game for.

Thats what we tried, you guys don't get a notice along the lines of "A game has been found, click to join"? My friend and I do for every game we queue for, and in the case of the 3v3, he got that notification and I didn't....we were sitting there in the arranged team chat, and suddenly he disappeared out of it....when I asked him why he said he got in a game, yet I hadn't.

Even without that issue, that was the only (out of about 5 attempts) game that actually went anywhere......the other 4 times we sat in the queue for at least 10 minutes with nothing happening......we just got tired of the game because the queue system wasn't working properly for us, we never did get to play a 3v3 against other players with us on the same team during the 2 week stint we played the game for.

Yall aren't doing something right... lol.

Last night and the night before, my friend and I were able to join many games, for 6 hours each night.

I'm loving teemo. Went 13/1 with him yesterday. For some reason, during that game, no one was able to spot me. I would just run right into the middle of the fray, and just start popping needles at everyone around me... they would all run around me, dieing, and I wouldn't take any damage.

Then again, last night, went like 16/3 with Gangplank.... for some reason, no one would escape my scurvy :p

No clue, but it just refused to work right for us....we tried it a couple times each night for a few nights and we just couldn't get in any games.....we did it the same exact way you join the queue for 5v5 bot games, but we picked 3v3 against other players instead.

I'm currently hooked onto this game. I'm currently at lv.24

Champions that I unlocked are:

-Katarina *

- Tristiana

-Master yi

-garen

-Morgana

-Annie

-Akali *

-Irelia

* indicates my main

That's incredibly weird I've never experienced that before.

You know you have to do what I said above? you're not just opening a chat window are you then clicking play?

This is what the invite window should look like.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9863/invitewindow.png

I played a game as teemo yesterday got focused down to 200 hp used Zhonyas stasis and managed to survive in a 5v5 with 200 hp as I was to small for them to target me, I was just hiding inside the tanks. Yordle power :D

You know you have to do what I said above? you're not just opening a chat window are you then clicking play?

I played a game as teemo yesterday got focused down to 200 hp used Zhonyas stasis and managed to survive in a 5v5 with 200 hp as I was to small for them to target me, I was just hiding inside the tanks. Yordle power :D

Ya, if the enemy team knows to focus teemo, its a lost game. But if you can manage to blend yourself in, you will just wreck shop.

I was ****ing a vayne player off. I have started building Teemo as AP. My mushrooms end game will do around 1k of damage.... I killed a vayne player 4 times with just mushrooms placed in the bushes. My friend and I couldn't stop laughing each time... I would just be running around, and boom, Teemo has killed Vayne. We would both be like, wtf.. oh ya, hahahahhahaha. I saved my mushrooms up , and place them in stacks of 2 or 3. I like to make mine fields and bait the enemies into them.

But the best tactic with Teemo, is Blind + Haste. If you haste a enemy, and shoot them with blind, it will last about 6 seconds... in that time, you should be able to kill them without taking much damage if any :)

To play games with friends, follow these steps.

Click PLAY - select type of game 3v3 5v5, then select at the bottom, I will invite my own team. Then, when in the invite menu, choose your friend, and invite them in. When they are in your party chat, click Start Game at the bottom right of the chat window. The search will start, throwing you out of that "party" window, and into basically the main screen, but with a party chat. Game will be found, and window will open to join game now or finish what you were doing. You must redo this after every game.

I'm currently hooked onto this game. I'm currently at lv.24

Champions that I unlocked are:

-Katarina *

- Tristiana

-Master yi

-garen

-Morgana

-Annie

-Akali *

-Irelia

* indicates my main

Katarina is by far my favorite....once you get Shunpo (my 2nd skill if I am solo laning, first if my friend is playing a laner character) you can just tear enemies up and they can't get away. I tried Akali, and found her much less useful. She is a good assassin in that she can spike and do high burst damage, but overall I found Katarina to be much more useful on average. She doesn't kill solo targets as well as Akali, but she is better at group battles cause of her ultimate (wait for enemies to use their control spells then use your ultimate, usually at least 1 guaranteed kill and another player within a shunpo or so of dying).

To play games with friends, follow these steps.

Click PLAY - select type of game 3v3 5v5, then select at the bottom, I will invite my own team. Then, when in the invite menu, choose your friend, and invite them in. When they are in your party chat, click Start Game at the bottom right of the chat window. The search will start, throwing you out of that "party" window, and into basically the main screen, but with a party chat. Game will be found, and window will open to join game now or finish what you were doing. You must redo this after every game.

We are both aware of how to start team matches up, as I said, we had done it many a time for 5v5 bot matches, and it worked fine each and every time. Whenever we tried using the same process to do 3v3 though, it would not work properly. The problem is all but once the "game has been found" window never appeared (even after waiting 10 minutes or so), and the one time it did, it never appeared for me, only for my friend, despite him having invited me using the "I will invite my own team" option, and the party window showing, then turning into party chat once he hits start.

It may have been a 1-time bug or some random thing that caused it not to work, but the pure failure for LoL to find a game for us all the other times we tried it led to us not being able to play in anything but 5v5. It was so bad we even thought at one point that him being like 3 lvls higher than me had something to do with it not finding a game for us....we thought maybe it couldn't pair us due to the lvl difference or something, but I don't think the game cares about lvl, only rating and only in rated games.

That's weird, 2 levels is nothing but it is about the skill, the game tries not to throw you in at the deep end, you could try 5v5 play a few games wait the time out and try and get your skill around the same level then the more games you play the shorter the time should be.

I bought Cait on sale yesterday, but I feel that for a carry she has a weaker late game than say.. Ashe, Vayne or such. Her carry capability seems limited (or it may be my build). I can't wait for next weeks rotation so i can go back to playing Vayne. I've always been playing Irelia lately, who is damned fun. But my heart will always lie with LeBlanc, nothing says fun like watching a tank with 3k health drop instantly.

I bought Cait on sale yesterday, but I feel that for a carry she has a weaker late game than say.. Ashe, Vayne or such. Her carry capability seems limited (or it may be my build). I can't wait for next weeks rotation so i can go back to playing Vayne. I've always been playing Irelia lately, who is damned fun. But my heart will always lie with LeBlanc, nothing says fun like watching a tank with 3k health drop instantly.

I need to get with you on some more games man. You are a good player, and I could learn more I'm sure if we did. Sorry about last night, have been teaching a friend how to play, so all my focus has been towards that. Maybe today... I get off of work in about 2 hours, and have the whole day to waste lol.

You can always ask for a refund....I bought Akali during the Katarina free weekend (I wanted to try both) and I was really disappointed with Akali compared to Kat, Kat is IMO just much more useful overall....Akali is the better ganker and 1v1er, but Kat is more useful in most other situations. I made a support ticket and they refunded my Akali purchase though (they only do this once, and only refund a max of I think 5 champions and only those purchased in the last 30 days), so I have enough IP now to buy a 3k champ without going through a million games again. Only problem is I haven't been playing much anymore (might start up again...ran out of other games that are even semi-fun).

I have tried Irelia a few times and I just cannot get her gameplay down.....from what I have seen from her she is really weak compared to most other assassin characters.....any tips for playing as her? I just can't seem to do well at all (either early or late game) with her.

I love playing as Katarina though, she is a decent solo laner, her shunpo allows her to make a quick entrance or exit (can target friend and foe, does dmg to foes though), which is great for tower diving (shunpo in, get a kill, shunpo out to friendly ranged target attacking a tower).

I have tried Irelia a few times and I just cannot get her gameplay down.....from what I have seen from her she is really weak compared to most other assassin characters.....any tips for playing as her? I just can't seem to do well at all (either early or late game) with her.

Build her with a Trinity Force then tank items (randiuns, sunfire, force of nature and/or banshee's vail). You'll quickly notice she isn't really much of an assassin.

BTW, the thing about Cait is that while her damage output gets lower late game she still has one advantage over other ranged carries. She has the longest ranged auto attack in the game and has a good escape. Ashe has a generic slow while Vayne basically has to ult and then tumble to escape. And Cait hard counters Vayne almost completely.

Build her with a Trinity Force then tank items (randiuns, sunfire, force of nature and/or banshee's vail). You'll quickly notice she isn't really much of an assassin.

BTW, the thing about Cait is that while her damage output gets lower late game she still has one advantage over other ranged carries. She has the longest ranged auto attack in the game and has a good escape. Ashe has a generic slow while Vayne basically has to ult and then tumble to escape. And Cait hard counters Vayne almost completely.

Just curious, how does Cait have the longest auto attack range? If anything that goes to tristana...she starts at only 550 range, but gets up to +153 by lvl 18....cait only has 650 base, by lvl 13, Tristana has over 650 range, and she gets up to 703 which is longer than any other champion I am aware of.