You can't even fly the AC-130... LOL!

Good old scripted events, thank god I didn't get Premium.

If I remember correctly you couldn't fly the huge aircraft in older battlefield games either so I don't think that's anything new. They were just used as mobile spawn points. I may be wrong about that though because I didn't play BF 1942 that much.

If I remember correctly you couldn't fly the huge aircraft in older battlefield games either so I don't think that's anything new. They were just used as mobile spawn points. I may be wrong about that though because I didn't play BF 1942 that much.

In DC you could fly one. Not in any of the other BF games that I can remember.

The new Closed Quarters - PC version - is supposed to be released to Premium users today but I still see no sign of it and I already paid the $49.00

What are the waiting for?

Try and join a Close Quarters server it will pop up a window saying you need to install it via origin, click the install button and origin will start to download it. Im 50% downloaded.

You could in Desert Combat, there was a flyable AC-130.

*edit* Battlelog is down, looks like they might be updating for Close Combat.

That AC-130 is going to be so overpowered its not even funny, unless you can shoot it down.

From the e3 demo I saw, it can be shot down. They said its important for your jets to cover the AC130 or it will be easily killed.

So from what I've seen the Close Quarters maps can be played with any number of players? I thought they were for 8v8 only? And they also looked quite big, as well, for close quarters maps.

Does this mean the new gun camo has to be reselected each game as well?

My camo holds after each game...same with all my friends.

That AC-130 is going to be so overpowered its not even funny, unless you can shoot it down.

You can shoot it down, infact it'll probably be quite vunerable.

(confirmation here http://www.origin.com/battlefield3-chat?easid=opm_bf3chat_extpromo some other useful info on AK in there as well)

So from what I've seen the Close Quarters maps can be played with any number of players? I thought they were for 8v8 only? And they also looked quite big, as well, for close quarters maps.

8V8 on the 360 for sure...They are smaller and more close quarters but the reduction in players means only Ziba Tower is actually that frantic and really close, Scrapmetal is fairly close, but operation 925 and Donya Fortress are quite spread out for them to really be CQ.

Loving the Gun Master game mode though...soo much fun.

Hello , can anyone with a ps3 test to see if the 3rd co op mission works . as me and a friend cant compete it. the chopper at the end of the mission never appears after we killed everyone.

I checked the BF3 forums and its hard to look due to all the spam.

Hello , can anyone with a ps3 test to see if the 3rd co op mission works . as me and a friend cant compete it. the chopper at the end of the mission never appears after we killed everyone.

I checked the BF3 forums and its hard to look due to all the spam.

The chopper does take a few mins to arrive its not instant...gotta hold the position...do you get little birds taking out the people on the roof? cause the chopper should arrive shortly after that.

The chopper does take a few mins to arrive its not instant...gotta hold the position...do you get little birds taking out the people on the roof? cause the chopper should arrive shortly after that.

everything is dead checked all around with thermal scope. Me and friend can wonder around freely without any sign of an enemies. we also waited around 20 mins while I check if there is something we have missed.

Also friendly AI are not doing anything either

everything is dead checked all around with thermal scope. Me and friend can wonder around freely without any sign of an enemies. we also waited around 20 mins while I check if there is something we have missed.

Also friendly AI are not doing anything either

How strange, its deff not that long...5mins or so at the most.

I saw vids of what should happen , it must be a glitch.

are the enemies meant to stop coming :p

also i have realised there is no enemies at 12 o clock stuff that comes out of the AI like in the vids

Choking for CQ, but ?40 for premium is having a laugh. What so Im paying for an expansion pack thats split and drip fed to me? Plus Im a little ****ed that us folk who shelled out extra for limited editions get nothing, in fact weve had anything exclusive to us made available to all and now we have to pay the full ?40 to receive dlc we already have?

YES! finally a decent gun to use with the Support class. L86A2! loving it.

Agreed, that L86A2 is an amazing weapon.

Choking for CQ, but ?40 for premium is having a laugh. What so Im paying for an expansion pack thats split and drip fed to me? Plus Im a little ****ed that us folk who shelled out extra for limited editions get nothing, in fact weve had anything exclusive to us made available to all and now we have to pay the full ?40 to receive dlc we already have?

It's worth it if you plan to buy all the DLC. You get 5 DLC if you don't already have Karkand, even if you do you still get 4 DLC which would cost ?12 each, all the extra maps, guns, modes, double xp weekends, dog tags, strategy videos, camo, etc..

LE got Karkand, anyone else had to pay ?10 for it.

You can get Premium for under ?35 now at certain shops, pointless crying about it.

Is it just me or does battlelog not work with windows 8 Release Preveiw.

Just Purchased the Premium addon and as soon as I run the latest web browser update. Battlelog becomes useless. just hangs.

if I uninstall the battlelog update, I can browse the site and do everything but load a game.

Have also added battleog site to compatibility list. and still hangs

Is it just me or does battlelog not work with windows 8 Release Preveiw.

Just Purchased the Premium addon and as soon as I run the latest web browser update. Battlelog becomes useless. just hangs.

if I uninstall the battlelog update, I can browse the site and do everything but load a game.

Have also added battleog site to compatibility list. and still hangs

Try Google Chrome?

It's worth it if you plan to buy all the DLC. You get 5 DLC if you don't already have Karkand, even if you do you still get 4 DLC which would cost ?12 each, all the extra maps, guns, modes, double xp weekends, dog tags, strategy videos, camo, etc..

LE got Karkand, anyone else had to pay ?10 for it.

You can get Premium for under ?35 now at certain shops, pointless crying about it.

What shops are these and whos crying about? Not I. Im just ****ed that after paying a premium Im now left with nothing exclusive for doing so.

What shops are these and whos crying about? Not I. Im just ****ed that after paying a premium Im now left with nothing exclusive for doing so.

What did you expect?

Name any game that eventually doesn't release the DLC that's included in a limited edition pack?

http://www.shopto.net/PC/VIDEO%20GAMES/PCBA34-Battlefield%203%20Premium%20Code%20Only%20In%20Box.html - ?34.85

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/battlefield-3-premium/10617221.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=gp&utm_campaign=gp_games&affil=thggps - ?32.95

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/game/pc-battlefield-3-premium/8%3a944652 - ?33.57

When you take into account the ?10 per DLC x 4 its worth it just for that alone, if you care about dog tags, camo, etc.. then bonus.

If they would offer the ability to get the maps early (only) for like 5$ or 10$ I would do that, I have enough Microsoft points to get the next 3 DLC packs without spending a dime...and I'm not shelling out $$ to get the entire premium package. (P.S. the Microsoft points I have were all FREE via BING rewards, so it's not like I spent $$ to get the points) ...maybe I'll buy like 800 points to get it all...theoretically spending the 5/10$ only for full premium.

What did you expect?

Name any game that eventually doesn't release the DLC that's included in a limited edition pack?

http://www.shopto.ne...20In%20Box.html - ?34.85

http://www.zavvi.com...es&affil=thggps - ?32.95

http://www.tescoente...mium/8%3a944652 - ?33.57

When you take into account the ?10 per DLC x 4 its worth it just for that alone, if you care about dog tags, camo, etc.. then bonus.

I expected anything aside nothing. A few dog tags or ?5 off premium maybe?

No offence EA but if Ive already got Karkland on my account is it so much to ask that Origin applys a discount? or you least mail us out a promo code or something?

There are plenty of games where by buying the CE or LE you get something and keep it exclusively. Wow pets anyone? Plus generally from what Ive seen any CE/LE content when its released as a DLC is done so 6months to a year after the initial launch, not 3 months :s