74bf4e30.png

Official Website

www.battlefield.com

Release Date(s)

United States - 25th October 2011

Europe - 28th October 2011

Beta

Battlefield 3 Beta will take place on the 29th October 2011. If you own Medal of Honor Limited Edtion or Tier 1 Edition, or have pre-ordered Battlefield 3 via Origin on PC then you will be entitled to take part in the Battlefield 3 Beta 2 days earlier, on the 27th October.

Battlefield 3 Beta will be available through BattleLog: http://battlelog.battlefield.com

Game Information

- Game Engine: Frostbite 2

- 64-Player Multiplayer (PC)

- Full Singleplayer Campaign

- Co-op Campaign

- Air, Land & Sea Vehicles, including Fighter Jets

- Prone

- Not compatible with DX9

(Not compatible with Windows XP)

- Massive destruction

- Back to Karkand Expansion pack

(Available from release with pre-order of BF3 Limited Edition. Can be purchased from in-game store 1 month after release if you didn't pre-order Limited Edition)

(Includes 4 BF2 multiplayer maps: Wake Island, Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula.) Source

- Beta within 12 months after Medal of Honor release

(Before October 12th 2011)

- Upgraded Weapon & FOV system

- Better optimized for x64

- More unlocks/content than BFBC2

- 4 Classes

- Battle Recorder is possible

- Character Customization

- Kill Cam

- No Mod Tools on release

(Not looking good for mod tools at all)

- Possibly M-Rated

(The word "F***" was used alot in the game during media show off)

Screen Shots

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Videos

System Requirements

Battlefield 3 Minimum System Requirements

CPU: 2 GHZ Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ or Athlon X2 2.7 GHZ)

RAM: 2GB

HDD: 20GB

GFX RAM AMD: DX 10.1 compatible with 512MB RAM

GFX AMD: ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, with ATI Radeon 3870 or better

GFX RAM NVIDIA: DX 10.0 compatible with 512MB RAM

GFX NVIDIA: GeForce 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 Series with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or better

OTHER: Keyboard and mouse, DVD Drive

Battlefield 3 Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Quad-Core processor

RAM: 4GB

GFX RAM: DX 11 compatible with 1GB RAM

GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon 6950

GD Adjusted Battlefield 3 System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6400 2.13GHz / AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core

RAM: 4GB

GFX: Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 / ATI Radeon HD 3870

Notes

Limited Edition Extras

Back to Karkand

Back to Karkand digital expansion pack. Players can wage all-out war on four of the most celebrated maps from Battlefield 2, including Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and the Sharqi Peninsula, all stunningly re-created using the power of Frostbite™ 2. DICE’s state of the art game engine serves as the power center for Battlefield 3 to deliver superior performance in character animation, visual rendering, audio and physical destruction unlike anything ever seen before.

Karkand.jpg

GulfofOman.jpg

Sharqi.jpg

wake.jpg

Select retailers are also offering Battlefield 3 pre-order customers the following promotional items:

Physical Warfare Pack

Storm the battlefield armed with a set of three exclusive weapons in the Physical Warfare Pack including: 1) the Type 88 light machine gun with bipod for deadly firepower and total zone control; 2) the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor that provides increased stealth abilities for Recon soldiers; and 3) the lethal armor-piercing flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun that will tear through anything in its path. Each weapon will be available for a limited time in-game, and will later become available to all players. Also unlocked is instant access to the highly versatile DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun.

PWpack.jpg

SPECACT Kit

Players can expand their customizable options in Battlefield 3 with a set of eight unique multiplayer skins, one for each class in Battlefield 3.

specactpack.jpg

Dog Tag Pack

In Battlefield 3, dog tags serve as the player’s in-game signature, allowing gamers to customize their soldiers. Dog tags are displayed on screen every time a player takes down an enemy or claims an opponent’s dog tags. This pre-order exclusive item comes with five new, unique dog tags.

dogtagpack.jpg

Battlefield3D.png

Thanks for creating the official thread! I trust you'll update it in a timely fashion. :p

Thanks for creating the official thread! I trust you'll update it in a timely fashion. :p

I'll try my best :blink: :laugh:

Maybe the Battlefield 3 thread could be merged?

So about the "upgraded fov system". Do you guys think this means they're actually doing it right this time and having the fov change vertically and horizontally instead of just horizontally like it is in BC2? I hope so.

I'll try my best :blink: :laugh:

Maybe the Battlefield 3 thread could be merged?

I wasn't sure at first but I just found out that merging any 2 (or more) threads results in the posts being displayed chronologically. Basically, your original post will be bumped down which defeats the purpose of having an "Official" thread.

They are going to have prone but no "jump to prone", this is fine just so long as I can still dive out into the ground or hiding spot to avoid cover fire. Don't want to see stats or ranks messing with team play, don't want to see expensive server rentals that are not policed by EA/DICE - must have a official Rules of Engagement or Terms of Service for all server renters/Admins to follow PERIOD!!!!

Want a destructable environment so if I shot at a pile of sand bags with a tank or RPG and your behind it..you WILL DIE!! Would love to see CTF but don't believe that will happen either, at least there is co-op coming. And for the love of GOD... I sure hope EA/DICE comes out with a way to manage servers and will allow anyone to throw up a ranked server not just certain providers. Would love to be able to rent a full dedicated box to do multiple things on and have full FTP access but at the same time the game be ranked and reporting back to a central server - this can be maintained by the TOS as mentioned above.

ANy modern game should use Euphoria for character animations. at least if you're using something else, don't brag about it.

I am no expert, but, while Euphoria looks great in GTA and RDR, I am not so sure it would be worth while implementing into a multiplayer FPS game. It's main advantage seems to be with ragdoll physics, and having your character always stumbling from falling or being hit would get annoying in a shooter, let alone being tricky to keep the first person perspective realistic. From the sounds of it, Dice has chosen an animation system much more suited to BF.

I am no expert, but, while Euphoria looks great in GTA and RDR, I am not so sure it would be worth while implementing into a multiplayer FPS game. It's main advantage seems to be with ragdoll physics, and having your character always stumbling from falling or being hit would get annoying in a shooter, let alone being tricky to keep the first person perspective realistic. From the sounds of it, Dice has chosen an animation system much more suited to BF.

Actually euphoria has to do with animation and how they move, not so much ragdoll. it about natural motion and reaction. and just like with head bob, because your character visually does something doesn't mean the player camera will. even if realistically it should.

As long as ANT has smooth realistic movements and reactions, and always keep the feet on the ground it won't be a terrible loss though. But if we still get the silly element of when your character steps out on an edge, he stands on invisible floor until he "pops" down to the next step, instead of smoothly, placing the feet at the correct height and stepping down naturally no matter what the height difference, small ledge, or big step, like Euphoria does. if it can't do that, I'll be disappointed.

I remember watching tech demos of the Euphoria animation engine for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. It was pretty impressive. The animations and movements were so realistic, it almost felt like the AI actually had a mind of its own. As for the animation engine that'll be used in Battlefield 3, I'll be happy as long as it provides smooth and realistic animations.

I'm pleased to hear the singleplayer news as well.

Really? Co-op singler player sounds great, but scrap single player and focus on multiplayer would of been even more awesome!

Really? Co-op singler player sounds great, but scrap single player and focus on multiplayer would of been even more awesome!

They are focusing on multiplayer. This notion that the multiplayer will suffer because they are developing a single-player is nonsense. DICE is many times bigger than it used to be, it has more than enough developers to create both.

Look at single player campaign as sorts of tutorial for multiplayer.

They are focusing on multiplayer. This notion that the multiplayer will suffer because they are developing a single-player is nonsense. DICE is many times bigger than it used to be, it has more than enough developers to create both.

Well all the time that's spent making maps for single player could be used for making new multiplayer maps.... :whistle:

amazingly, some people want a single player to, especially if you can also play it coop. and singleplayer is comign back more and more today. and no they can't really. level designers can make maps. the peopel who make story missions and such aren't really level designers.

Perhaps more awesome for those that strictly play MP without even touching SP, but that's debatable. I'll be happy as long as they release a solid MP experience. The way I see it, a SP campaign is an added bonus. Traditionally, the Battlefield games lacked proper SP campaigns and it wasn't until Bad Company that they focused on it. Also, a co-op campaign would be very nice as I'm a huge fan of the "cooperative experience".

There are different groups working on the two aspects of the game, I'm sure. Plus combining one group with another doesn't necessarily make that new group more productive. I love singleplayer games, so I'm absolutely looking forward to it. Multiplayer is definitely as fun as well, but there's just something about a good singleplayer campaign that gets me to purchase a game.