The only issue i can see with Close Quarters is they said because the levels were smaller they had more power to play with to create the destruction but on the old levels the destruction won't change. Won't that make the old levels feel dated already?

The only issue i can see with Close Quarters is they said because the levels were smaller they had more power to play with to create the destruction but on the old levels the destruction won't change. Won't that make the old levels feel dated already?

Don't kid yourself. The close quarters maps are to draw in Call of Duty players and that is the only reason. But they can't outright say that so they have to make some nonsense excuse like destruction.

Now that's not really a good or bad thing, it is what it is, though.

Don't kid yourself. The close quarters maps are to draw in Call of Duty players and that is the only reason. But they can't outright say that so they have to make some nonsense excuse like destruction.

Now that's not really a good or bad thing, it is what it is, though.

It's basic programming though. If you have a smaller area to work in you can squeeze more 'special effects' in. Hence the wondering if the other levels will seem a little polystirene in comparison.

I do agree with you about the fact it's probably to draw in the COD kiddies. It doesn't bother me as i much prefer BF mechanics to COD and so now i can stay in BF if i fancy a quick pray and srap small level romp :D

It's basic programming though. If you have a smaller area to work in you can squeeze more 'special effects' in. Hence the wondering if the other levels will seem a little polystirene in comparison.

I do agree with you about the fact it's probably to draw in the COD kiddies. It doesn't bother me as i much prefer BF mechanics to COD and so now i can stay in BF if i fancy a quick pray and srap small level romp :D

If you watched the videos though the destruction doesn't really look like it's any different than what we have now. It's all just small stuff that can be blown up and shot through an pieces of walls blown off.

If you watched the videos though the destruction doesn't really look like it's any different than what we have now. It's all just small stuff that can be blown up and shot through an pieces of walls blown off.

I have watched the videos and i did see significantly different destruction to the current levels implementation.

I guess all we can do is wait and see but i still think a lot of user will have the feeling that 'something's missing' from the older levels'. Unless of course you're correct and the damage isn't as intense as made out to be.

• 2 weeks later...

CQC is only bound to make the shitgun problem on BF3 worse. Great.

Though the typo was probably unintentional, I vote this for "post of the day". :rofl:

In response, yes I agree.

Though the typo was probably unintentional, I vote this for "post of the day". :rofl:

In response, yes I agree.

I think it was fully intentional.

New DLC, Content Service, and Double XP Weekend

We've got some exclusive (unofficial, but from a very reliable source) news and some new dates for you all. It looks like EA/DICE is rolling out a premium content service, and are also planning to drop a 5th expansion after their previously announced End Game DLC. In addition, there will be a DOUBLE XP WEEKEND this weekend, May 12th - 14th!

Battlefield Premium: June 4th

Battlefield? Premium will land you a number of content drops with unique in-game items not available anywhere else. First out is the one-of-a-kind Premium knife and black dog tag, plus a set of soldier camos, weapon camos, dog tags and Assignments that will make sure you stand out and get more personalization options.

Close Quarters: June 12th

June 2012: Guide

Get the upper hand with this strategy guide, teaching you how to improve and become an even more skilled player.

August 2012: Bonus Content

Fall 2012: Armored Kill

Winter 2012: End Game

March 2013: 5th Expansion Pack (still untitled)

they already released a kit a while back

http://store.origin....uctID.245102600

i'm kinda annoying by how greedy EA and Dice are getting. These tactics they are using to commercialize every single thing to make a buck is becoming disgusting, and embarrassing for me to even play the game.

I love BF3, well i did before the latest patches, and this moves where people can buy unlocks, but if this type of cheap measure crap to make a buck continues im not sure if i'll get the next release.

Those are the already released quick unlock shortcut packs. This new bonus content is exactly that, new.

I have enjoyed BF3 but now I have BC2 on PC I keep going back to that. It works which is one main problem I personally have with BF3, as do my friends, and BC2 just seems much more team orientated than BF3 does. Maybe it's the map size or the people playing it, I don't know. I'm sure this has been said many times before but BF3, to me, really is a disappointment.

Not only that, but whoever came up with Battlelog just shouldn't exist. It's the biggest pile of w**k that I have ever used for a game and why they couldn't have stuck to the excellent BC2 style of joining games is beyond me.

Soon they'll have:

Tired of slow weapon reloads? Buy the Super Reload unlock, which allows you to reload you're weapons crazy fast! $29.99

Tired of the game being so slow to load? Buy the Super load kit, for only $15.99 your game will load, and you'll be in combat within seconds!

Miss having realistic tanks? With our Common Sense tank kit, you're tanks are no longer made out of paper, and can one again, scare individual soldiers on the battlefield, only $39,99

thats how pathetic its getting.

I think you're over reacting a little bit. Don't like fast unlocks? Don't buy them. Don't like extra skins? Don't buy them. It's really pretty simple.

It's really amusing that people get their panties in a twist over someone paying to unlock everything in the game. Who cares? It doesn't affect your personal game in the slightest. Thanks to Call of Duty people have this really weird idea that all modern fps games are required to have some sort of progressive unlock system in them. Not everyone cares about unlocks. Some people just want to compete on an even playing field and shoot people with guns. Or not be required to grind unlocks for their tanks.

I have enjoyed BF3 but now I have BC2 on PC I keep going back to that. It works which is one main problem I personally have with BF3, as do my friends, and BC2 just seems much more team orientated than BF3 does. Maybe it's the map size or the people playing it, I don't know. I'm sure this has been said many times before but BF3, to me, really is a disappointment.

Not only that, but whoever came up with Battlelog just shouldn't exist. It's the biggest pile of w**k that I have ever used for a game and why they couldn't have stuck to the excellent BC2 style of joining games is beyond me.

Go back two years and people were saying those exact same things about BC2. It wasn't until about a year after it was released that it finally started to feel complete. BF3 will be the same way.

Also BC2's server browser was absolute trash the first 10 months it was out. In comparison to how bad bc2's server browser was (and still is, for the most part) I'll take battlelog any day.

Anyhow, I'm glad they are releasing more stuff for the game but I'm not sure if I'll buy it. Not because I hate the idea behind them because I a sucker for aesthetic mods and dlc, but just because I haven't been playing lately.

You've got to be kidding me. BC2 is utter garbage when it comes to joining friends, adding friends, browsing servers and joining them. Complete and utter garbage compared to Battlelog. I've moved from BF3 to BC2 lately and I miss Battlelog so much. That and character movement (except vaulting of course).

And I agree with trag3dy when it comes to all this whine about unlocks - are you guys serious? What's the big deal?

Anyone who says BC2 server browser system is better needs a good swift kick in the balls. It was ****ing atrocious, hands down worst server browser ever.

Battlelog is miles MILES better. From the friend system, to the server browser, not to mention real-time stats.

And I agree with trag3dy when it comes to all this whine about unlocks - are you guys serious? What's the big deal?

People whine about BC2 being to easy(I was one of them) and people whine about BF3 being to hard(Not near as hard as BF2). As for battlelog I have no issue with it. I enjoy it.

So I found a 64-player 4,000 ticket TDM server....

jFS86.png

Accuracy was 23% too :D

:huh: :| This 1 Round is equal to my total gaming time for an entire week!! As if my math was correct it was a 6 and a half Hour Round!!

Man, I can only dream of doing this again!

Actually, not even kidding, I am taking a week off from work at the end of June, my wife is going to England with her family, and all I plan on doing for 7 days is gaming, and nothing but gaming, cannot wait!!!

This is amazing though, enjoy it while you can. Truly.

:huh: :| This 1 Round is equal to my total gaming time for an entire week!! As if my math was correct it was a 6 and a half Hour Round!!
Your math is clearly atrocious :D It was 92 mins long ;)
Man, I can only dream of doing this again!

Actually, not even kidding, I am taking a week off from work at the end of June, my wife is going to England with her family, and all I plan on doing for 7 days is gaming, and nothing but gaming, cannot wait!!!

This is amazing though, enjoy it while you can. Truly.

I am indeed raping my free time as much as I can. Quit my job recently and going back to education in Sept/Oct. So here I am :D

Your math is clearly atrocious :D It was 92 mins long ;)

I am indeed raping my free time as much as I can. Quit my job recently and going back to education in Sept/Oct. So here I am :D

Oh so that total play time actually how many hours you have played the game itself? I thought it was minutes, seconds, and milliseconds for the round. :| Seemed a little crazy on their behalf to do milliseconds. :rofl:

And nice, as I said enjoy it. Part of me always hopes to get fired one day just to get some free time again. A very very small part, as I do have bills to pay. :laugh:

Doesn't really bother me as long as you can buy all the stuff individually, meaning there is nothing exclusive to the premium thing. Because I might not be able to plunk down all the cash for the premium all at once. The only part that does bug me a bit is the early access, though.