official fps battlefield dice pc xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
6939 replies to this topic

#16 John Freeman

John Freeman

Dr. Leo Spaceman

• 1,086 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 19:44

I caught myself constantly humming battlefield theme tune these last few days, lol.

#17 Ayepecks

Ayepecks

Neowinian Senior

• 17,987 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 19:46

Graphics look much improved from the original Frostbite engine. I'm pleased to hear the singleplayer news as well.

#18 OP Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,529 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 14:05

I'm pleased to hear the singleplayer news as well.

Really? Co-op singler player sounds great, but scrap single player and focus on multiplayer would of been even more awesome!

#19 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,826 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 14:08

Really? Co-op singler player sounds great, but scrap single player and focus on multiplayer would of been even more awesome!

They are focusing on multiplayer. This notion that the multiplayer will suffer because they are developing a single-player is nonsense. DICE is many times bigger than it used to be, it has more than enough developers to create both.

#20 John Freeman

John Freeman

Dr. Leo Spaceman

• 1,086 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 14:55

Look at single player campaign as sorts of tutorial for multiplayer.

#21 thatguyandrew1992

thatguyandrew1992

Neowinian Senior

• 2,326 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 15:02

They are focusing on multiplayer. This notion that the multiplayer will suffer because they are developing a single-player is nonsense. DICE is many times bigger than it used to be, it has more than enough developers to create both.

Well all the time that's spent making maps for single player could be used for making new multiplayer maps.... :whistle:

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 10 February 2011 - 15:10

amazingly, some people want a single player to, especially if you can also play it coop. and singleplayer is comign back more and more today. and no they can't really. level designers can make maps. the peopel who make story missions and such aren't really level designers.

#23 Frylock86

Frylock86

Stargate won't die!

• 2,895 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 16:10

Whoever said no to singleplayer needs their head checked. People still play it, and personally, I will play and complete it before I move onto multiplayer.

#24 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,395 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 10 February 2011 - 16:14

Perhaps more awesome for those that strictly play MP without even touching SP, but that's debatable. I'll be happy as long as they release a solid MP experience. The way I see it, a SP campaign is an added bonus. Traditionally, the Battlefield games lacked proper SP campaigns and it wasn't until Bad Company that they focused on it. Also, a co-op campaign would be very nice as I'm a huge fan of the "cooperative experience".

#25 Ayepecks

Ayepecks

Neowinian Senior

• 17,987 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 17:28

There are different groups working on the two aspects of the game, I'm sure. Plus combining one group with another doesn't necessarily make that new group more productive. I love singleplayer games, so I'm absolutely looking forward to it. Multiplayer is definitely as fun as well, but there's just something about a good singleplayer campaign that gets me to purchase a game.

#26 thatguyandrew1992

thatguyandrew1992

Neowinian Senior

• 2,326 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 17:41

Couldnt singleplayer stay with BC? I just really wish 100% went towards multiplayer.

#27 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 17:48

Why, its not like they are going to sacrifice multiplayer for singleplayer campaign, people need to stop whining.

#28 thatguyandrew1992

thatguyandrew1992

Neowinian Senior

• 2,326 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 17:56

Why, its not like they are going to sacrifice multiplayer for singleplayer campaign, people need to stop whining.

Multiplayer sure wont be AS GOOD as it could be, since there is a singleplayer.

#29 Ayepecks

Ayepecks

Neowinian Senior

• 17,987 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 18:24

That doesn't make any sense.

#30 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 18:26

Why not?

DICE has the time and money to take their time, coding single player will take as long as it needs to take its not going to take time away from working on multiplayer, id even bet that they have staff split between the single and multiplayer aspects of the game separately.