New info!!!

(translated)

• when there's an explosion near you, your soldier is projected to the ground, and it apparetnly isn't scripted. when you get too much shots your soldier starts closing and opening his eyes(?) from the pain, and your visibility gets bad.
  • the maps should be very varied(new york, paris, nocturn, desert, etc)
  • The basis of body awareness is from Mirror's Edge, which was subsequently improved. 3D animations come largely from licenses such as FIFA and NBA Street.
  • frostibite 2.0 has been in devellopment since 2008. "PC Jeux" got surprised by the engine, it's kind of revolutionary, like the first engine from Crysis was back in 2007.

http://www.nofrag.com/2011/fev/28/37102/

I like the shadow being project from an explosion that's pretty neat. Opening and closing eyes would just be annoying. And the visibility gets bad now anway, and is so 2008 :D

Regarding the body awareness - does this mean they have re-worked hit reg then?

I'm guessing that's some early alpha version of Frostbite 2 or something like that? :x

the game is not nearly finished yet. And really the only reason that shot looks bad is there is no aa applied so its all very jagged. Its also zoomed out very far.

the game is not nearly finished yet. And really the only reason that shot looks bad is there is no aa applied so its all very jagged. Its also zoomed out very far.

Oh - okay, thanks for saying.

I think it means that you arent just a floating camera with arms, the body will feel like it has weight and substance. One of my biggest bugbears with first person games is you look down and you cant even see your own legs.

I'm guessing that's some early alpha version of Frostbite 2 or something like that? :x

Here's the same shot with 16x supersampling AA:

813557244.png

[Source]

the shot seems to be one of those used to show of the bounce lighting.

I can't wait to see it in action.

Here's the same shot with 16x supersampling AA:

http://imgf.tw/813557244.png

[Source]

I can't wait to see it in action.

I'm guessing you'll need a beefy graphics card for realtime bounce lighting though. and it probably won't affect characters, not sure, but that would be heavy. and enviroment we already had it it, it was just baked or half baked before. but now we get it light, and from secondary sources like explosions.

but yeah, it does add a lot to a 3D scene.

I'm guessing you'll need a beefy graphics card for realtime bounce lighting though. and it probably won't affect characters, not sure, but that would be heavy. and enviroment we already had it it, it was just baked or half baked before. but now we get it light, and from secondary sources like explosions.

but yeah, it does add a lot to a 3D scene.

I hope it'll run on midrange hardware. If so, it'd make for an amazing gaming experience. Couple that with dynamic shadows, an awesome animation and sound engine, and large maps... damn, I'm already drooling.

Im more interested in the realism aspects. I loved Mirrors Edge for the feel of physicality like you had a body in the game world not just a floating camera with a pair of arms. Hopefully BF3 will be less arcadey than what has gone before.

Yeah that gameplay footage is jaw droppingly wonderful!

Guns actually look and sound real and have a sense of power, unlike the pea shooters in COD. But those graphics and animations *drool*

Its Battlefield i was already sold on the idea when they just announced the name let alone anything else. Im holding off pre-ordering till i find out more about the multiplayer, im hoping they are going to announce a beta in a few months i bought Medal of Honor just to get early BF3 beta access. Im just happy they are going with a realism slant not some fictional war.