@Singh400

I have to admit, the balance in BC2 is very good atm with no weapon feeling much better than others. Maybe except the unnecessary Blackhawk buff.

It might take a while to get there, but the guy can get balance right.

M60? AN-94? The REX pistol is more powerful than semi-auto shotguns.

@Singh400

I have to admit, the balance in BC2 is very good atm with no weapon feeling much better than others. Maybe except the unnecessary Blackhawk buff.

It might take a while to get there, but the guy can get balance right.

Balanced? Are you kidding me? There is no counter to the USAS at all. That thing destroys all. This game is horribly balanced.

You say that like you made a sound argument in the first place. It was conjecture and utter drivel. If you haven't enjoyed the last few Dice games then good for you, but that doesn't mean they are any less committed to making great games. I enjoyed Bad Company 2 a whole lot, and I have little doubt BF3 will be a fantastic game.

My point being is neither single player nor consoles got dice to where they are today. Now, that's all they focus on same as every other developer and his dog. If you haven't enjoyed the battlefield series since it started, you wouldn't understand.

My point being is neither single player nor consoles got dice to where they are today. Now, that's all they focus on same as every other developer and his dog. If you haven't enjoyed the battlefield series since it started, you wouldn't understand.

I agree with Lamp0. You are pulling this out of nowhere, especially considering the gaming industry has been moving farther and farther towards multiplayer gaming. I don't know where you are coming up with silly things like "every developer and his dog" are focusing on single player now.

M60? AN-94? The REX pistol is more powerful than semi-auto shotguns.

M60 is **** now. AN-94 used to be too powerful but was nerfed. It should have its accuracy slightly reduced, maybe. But I don't see it as a big problem. And Rex? It's powerful, but every pistol is. And how many times do you get killed by the Rex?

Balanced? Are you kidding me? There is no counter to the USAS at all. That thing destroys all. This game is horribly balanced.

Hell no, it's fine. Regarding USAS, its huge CQC stopping power is outweighed by its limited range. And unlike the old M60, hardly anyone is using it, compared to regular assault rifles.

What BC2 had to have is different bullet drop depending on the caliber of weapon. So, for example, you wouldn't be able to snipe with pistols. I hope it will be implemented and made more sophisticated in BF3.

What BC2 had to have is different bullet drop depending on the caliber of weapon. So, for example, you wouldn't be able to snipe with pistols. I hope it will be implemented and made more sophisticated in BF3.

Yet, people were able to snipe with shotguns in BC2 and MoH.

Yet, people were able to snipe with shotguns in BC2 and MoH.

huh? And that's why they should make the bullet drop system more sophisticated in BF3, like I already mentioned. For example, IIRC (so I might be wrong!) slugs have quite a range but substantial bullet drop in real life. Unlike BC2.

If they have two separate teams working on it, it's not like one team is getting short changed and the other benefits. What logic is there in merging the two teams to make the multiplayer? Do you honestly think having a 120-person team instead of a 60-person team is going to make the multiplayer even better? DICE has employees that have concentrated on the singleplayer in the previous Bad Company games -- it would make no sense to have them now work on the multiplayer aspect of the game. Having a singleplayer doesn't change the multiplayer. What do you think they're going to be lacking by not having the singleplayer team working on multiplayer?

Thank you for saying that! Some people do not understand what it takes to make singleplayer and multiplayer aspects of a game.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow. That was amazing! Frostbite 2 looks so damn good.
damn teasers...show us more! :woot:
It looks awesome! That was singler player.

Blind devotion if I ever did see it. Not sure if I should laugh or cry :D

Out of the 42 seconds. 50% of was the black screen distorted effects. And the rest was hard to make it. It's hard to even call it a teaser. It's more like a teaser of a teaser. How can you tell the game looks awesome from 20 secs of footage? And I didn't see any F2.0 action...? Not having a go (I admire you fan spirit) but keep things realistic - too high expectations are never good.

Anyway, I've decided this game is my fall-back game if Brink fluffs it (Y)

Out of the 42 seconds. 50% of was the black screen distorted effects. And the rest was hard to make it. It's hard to even call it a teaser. It's more like a teaser of a teaser. How can you tell the game looks awesome from 20 secs of footage? And I didn't see any F2.0 action...? Not having a go (I admire you fan spirit) but keep things realistic - too high expectations are never good.

hater!!

maybe because I do 3D art and renderings, but from thsoe 20 seconds, I saw plenty to impress me. lighting quality, model and animation quality. and the overall smoothness.

click the full hd version and blow it up and check the gameplay sections, and if you're not impressed by that quality, then I don't think anything short of movie quality graphics would.

maybe because I do 3D art and renderings, but from thsoe 20 seconds, I saw plenty to impress me. lighting quality, model and animation quality. and the overall smoothness.

click the full hd version and blow it up and check the gameplay sections, and if you're not impressed by that quality, then I don't think anything short of movie quality graphics would.

Are you on about gameplay or graphics? Because nice graphics doesn't equal awesome gameplay at all.

And there was very little real gameplay at all. I saw:-

• Man stepping out of APC (cutscene I think),
  • Squad leader over a map
  • Squad at the bottom of a set of stairs.
  • Solider bursts through door.
  • Squad running down an alley
  • Watch a friendly get shot
  • Drag his body back
  • Running down a large open motorway area
  • Cuts to a vantage point on a bridge above the large motorway area
  • Jumps through a hole in the floor, lands on feet
  • Crawls/prones along a building roof, under RPG fire
  • A man getting punched in the face

Sure they looked great (graphics wise), but in terms of gameplay. We still don't have a clue. Also, it isn't clear if this is SP or MP. It looks more like SP. In which case, it doesn't mean much to me personally as I primarily interested in MP.

hater!!
MMdEY.gif
So I'm hater because I'm keeping level expectations, and not getting caught up in the hype?