Sandy Hook denier arrested after death threats made to parent of victim

A Florida woman who believes the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting is a hoax was arrested Monday on charges she threatened the parent of a child killed in the 2012 school shooting.

Lucy Richards, 57, of Tampa, Fla., was indicted on four counts of transmitting threats, according to a statement from the United States Attorney Southern District of Florida.

The Sandy Hook shooting is approaching its fourth anniversary. On Dec. 14, 2012, 20 children and six school staffers were fatally shot at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn. By Adam Lanza, 20. Lanza later fatally shot himself.

According to authorities, Richards made a series of death threats against the parent of a child who was killed in the shooting. The parent now lives in South Florida was identified in a statement as Len Pozner.

Richards is accused of telling the parent “you gonna die, death is coming to you real soon," according to federal court documents. The statements were made in January. She also wrote, "Look behind you it's death," according to the documents.

While it may seem unfathomable to some that Richards believed the shooting was a hoax, she is far from alone.  A small movement of “Sandy Hook Truthers” promote conspiracy theories that allege the shooting was staged.

Pozner addressed Richards' arrest in a statement.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/07/truther-arrested-after-death-threats-made-parent-sandy-hook-shooting-vicitm/95085868/

Edited by Andrew

And here we further demonstrate the mentality of these absolute conspiracy theorists. I have no issue with those who want to look into things and understand further - things should be questioned.

But these types, who take grains of information, put them together with random other pieces of information, form their own opinion and then from that point on, everything is used to push that agenda be it true or not.  Ignoring real proof and yet telling people to "open their eyes".  Heads in the sand, but when called out, they react aggressively and violently towards victims because how dare they contradict!

• Like 3

While the death threats are stupid, the Sandy Hook truthers are not grasping at straw. I have no opinion one way or the other, but I have watched many of the videos and read the evidence they presented, and it is credible. Of course, linking anything will be pointless because certain people dismiss everything that is not from a left wing source.

1 minute ago, troysavary said:

While the death threats are stupid, the Sandy Hook truthers are not grasping at straw. I have no opinion one way or the other, but I have watched many of the videos and read the evidence they presented, and it is credible. Of course, linking anything will be pointless because certain people dismiss everything that is not from a left wing source.

For the love of Zarquon. Are you for real? 

There is no credible explanation why Sandy Hook would have been a hoax of any kind. So yes, regardless of the source me and most others with some common sense will dismiss this particular conspiracy theory as crackpottery. Regardless of the sources you have.

17 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

There is no credible explanation why Sandy Hook would have been a hoax of any kind. So yes, regardless of the source me and most others with some common sense will dismiss this particular conspiracy theory as crackpottery. Regardless of the sources you have.

Confirmation bias at it best.

34 minutes ago, troysavary said:

I've looked through a lot of it, and at FACE VALUE it seems interesting and worthy of prompting a discussion.  However, there's no real validity to much of it - documents, photos, etc - they are presented, and they make points, but there's no definite proof that what's been presented is genuine.  Photoshops, audio editing and so on.  While the onus of such an accusation of tampering is on me to prove it, it also goes the other way as these "sources" are not valid "proof" of a cover-up or staged event.

Nice of you to bring left/right wing politics into it.  If that's not "confirmation of bias", I don't know what is.

To those that deny these events, why would people lie about their children being murdered? Why would people lie about their children having existed? Why would the government organise so MUCH evidence of the existence of these children, including paying off or "brainwashing" the 100's of people who knew these children?

Why fake any of it? Just... Why?

5 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

To those that deny these events, why would people lie about their children being murdered? Why would people lie about their children having existed? Why would the government organise so MUCH evidence of the existence of these children, including paying off or "brainwashing" the 100's of people who knew these children?

To take away all the guns which totally happened

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TPreston said:

To take away all the guns which totally happened

Even that isn't enough justification for the immense effort that would have needed to go in to faking this. An effort so great that it would actually be impossible to pull off.

56 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

To discredit Obama, as he was obviously grasping at the straw to take away our guns, and institute Sharia Law. :rolleyes:

The worst part is now these people have created enough noise on alt-reich publications, and have found a voice in Donald Trump's wacked conspiracy theories that this will be the new norm. 

Sandy Hook denier? That is a thing? LOL Holy crap! The Internet really magnifies people who are stupid and/or have mental illness. I thought we were already at the bottom of barrel with the flat Earth folks but I guess not.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

Sandy Hook denier? That is a thing? LOL Holy crap! The Internet really magnifies people who are stupid and/or have mental illness. I thought we were already at the bottom of barrel with the flat Earth folks but I guess not.

Sandy Hook deniers... Pizzagaters... 9/11 truthers... Holocaust deniers... Same story different circumstances. People will always find conspiracy theories in anything. 

13 hours ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

I've looked through a lot of it, and at FACE VALUE it seems interesting and worthy of prompting a discussion.  However, there's no real validity to much of it - documents, photos, etc - they are presented, and they make points, but there's no definite proof that what's been presented is genuine.  Photoshops, audio editing and so on.  While the onus of such an accusation of tampering is on me to prove it, it also goes the other way as these "sources" are not valid "proof" of a cover-up or staged event.

Nice of you to bring left/right wing politics into it.  If that's not "confirmation of bias", I don't know what is.

The reason I mentioned "confirmation bias" is because he pretty much said he would not believe any evidence because he cannot accept that it could be true. Myself, I am not convinced one way or the other. The evidence as presented is compelling, but I don't know if said evidence is real or faked. That said, one should always be open to change one's view if the evidence is strong enough. I used to think the 9/11 truthers were just suffering from Bush derangement syndrome and were still in denial he won and Gore lost. It wasn't until researching it to try to debunk the idea that I saw more and more into the dark side of the Bush presidency and came to the conclusion that some of his staff seemed capable of anything that would feed the military-industrial complex.

I only mentioned the left/right issue because I know the post history of the OP and he discounts any source that doesn't fit his worldview.

22 minutes ago, troysavary said:

The reason I mentioned "confirmation bias" is because he pretty much said he would not believe any evidence because he cannot accept that it could be true. Myself, I am not convinced one way or the other. The evidence as presented is compelling, but I don't know if said evidence is real or faked. That said, one should always be open to change one's view if the evidence is strong enough. I used to think the 9/11 truthers were just suffering from Bush derangement syndrome and were still in denial he won and Gore lost. It wasn't until researching it to try to debunk the idea that I saw more and more into the dark side of the Bush presidency and came to the conclusion that some of his staff seemed capable of anything that would feed the military-industrial complex.

I only mentioned the left/right issue because I know the post history of the OP and he discounts any source that doesn't fit his worldview.

Did you re-read his post before posting flames yourself? Because he actually says there is no credible explanation for it being a hoax, meaning he believes it was real, at least that's what the words say to me. Here is Frank B.'s post:

13 hours ago, Frank B. said:

Edited.

4 minutes ago, Hum said:

You might try actually watching the videos instead of mindlessly assuming that everything on YouTube is false.

Real people make those videos using compelling info.

Not everyone is 'mental', looking for attention.

A video is only a first step in seeking proof.

Then you need to get up from your chair and go out into the real world -- if you dare.

I did watch the video, that's how i could comment on the creator.

your statement however is just 'Pot calling kettle black'. We all know you over stress these whole conspiracy things because it's "Your thing". Thing is, most mature people see that for what it is and would rather not hear your constant nonsense and showing off like a 14 year old school boy crying "I'm special, I'm special" constantly.

Conspiracy is a legal term -- sometimes they really do happen.

You can decide what you want to believe.  It won;t change what others think.

No one will waste their time on you.

Go back to sleep ....

20 minutes ago, Hum said:

You might try actually watching the videos instead of mindlessly assuming that everything on YouTube is false.

Then you need to get up from your chair and go out into the real world -- if you dare.

"Assuming" - you "assume" I didn't watch the videos.  I did.  And within minutes I was laughing at the nonsense they contain.  Linking trivia with trivia, from unverified sources - absolute jokes.

Real people make them - uh, what?  As opposed to assembled by fairies?

Not everyone is "mental" -  - there are many accredited studies between conspiracy theorists and paranoia, schizophrenia, autism and other mental issues.

A video is only a first step into spreading nonsense.

Go see the real world?  Says a guy who posts youtube videos about conspiracy theories?  That really is something of a laugh!

11 minutes ago, Hum said:

Go back to sleep ....

Oh, the age-old: "You're asleep, you're just a sheep, you believe everything they tell you" nonsense...  Except you believe everything that youtube tells you, so...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hum said:

So naive.....

• Like 1

• Eric locked this topic